Cortez

Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-04-19 The End

Post by Cortez »

Set ups for what? It ended.

Searcher
Skipper of the S.S.Shipper

Post by Searcher »

Thank you Dave Zero1, Giz and the whole DC crew, past and present, it has been fun.
"Vegetarian: an old Iroquois word for Bad Hunter." Stolen from Azrael
“My books are like water, those of the great geniuses are wine. (Fortunately) everybody drinks water.” ~Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Robin Williams, a man who used his natural talents to make people smile, to laugh, to spread joy, to let everyone else feel alive; so no one else ever had to suffer as much as he has.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

lordoffiling wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:40 am
Based on Jason’s thread opener, and this last page, I believe the loose ends aren’t loose ends. More like... set-ups.
Pixie Trix (who owned the story and the characters within) is closing. Unless someone buys the property and continues the story, this is the official end to the story.

The 'set ups' feel more like a 'we'll leave it up to the readers to decide where the story goes; the skies the limit!'
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Badman!

Post by Badman! »

The end is a bit wanting, but it has been fun nonetheless.

Thanks to all the writers and artist.

Devil Girl

Post by Devil Girl »

This has been a very strange adventure. The art was good and there were funny moments. The ending was satisfying enough—especially after some the weird and frustrating detours the story had taken. I've seen comics end with a lot more to tie up than this, and I like how some of it was left pretty open. My theory is universe will be destroyed, because it seems Chloe seems to be on a bad-decision/unfortunate luck trend, but who knows? We could just as likely end up with it turning out to be nothing and their weird little lives continue... We saw Teddy's contract broken and they were able to consummate their...um...love(?). So that was satisfying. I will miss this comic—as "cringe-worthy" as it was at times.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

vampire hunter D wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:10 am
I'm worried now for Fluffy Ollie and Kroc. What will they do now with the extra 17 hours a day they'll have now that they dont have this comic to comlain about?
Breathe a sigh of relief knowing I never have to read another childish reply from the likes of you and Brasca.

Honestly, nothing wrong with disagreeing/debating on plot points; so long as people keep it civil. But you and Brasca (as well as folks like FGF/Rosa and Vitocap) seemed to love throwing in condescending insults - as if it somehow made your arguments more valid. What was up with that?

brasca

Post by brasca »

Fluffy wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:01 pm
vampire hunter D wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:10 am
I'm worried now for Fluffy Ollie and Kroc. What will they do now with the extra 17 hours a day they'll have now that they dont have this comic to comlain about?
Breathe a sigh of relief knowing I never have to read another childish reply from the likes of you and Brasca.

Honestly, nothing wrong with disagreeing/debating on plot points; so long as people keep it civil. But you and Brasca (as well as folks like FGF/Rosa and Vitocap) seemed to love throwing in condescending insults - as if it somehow made your arguments more valid. What was up with that?
You didn’t have to read anything I or Vampire D wrote much less this webcomic which you hate so much. Don’t blame us for your masochistic reading habits.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

That's rich - coming from someone I had asked to add me to their ignore list if I bothered them so much; which you clearly refused to consider.

At least I never had a mod come in to tell me to knock off my supposed BS; and didn't feel the need to resort to flinging childish insults at people with opposing viewpoints.

nothing wrong with debating opposing opinions as long as things remained civil.
Last edited by Fluffy on Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Fluffy wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:54 pm
Pixie Trix (who owned the story and the characters within) is closing.
Has that been announced anywhere? I know that all the current comics are coming to an end, but Giz has now tweeted about a forthcoming new Ma3-universe comic, and also there’ll be Kickstarters to run for various print collections.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Spidrift wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:50 pm
Fluffy wrote:
Has that been announced anywhere? I know that all the current comics are coming to an end, but Giz has now tweeted about a forthcoming new Ma3-universe comic, and also there’ll be Kickstarters to run for various print collections.
Maybe I'm wrong? But it seems odd that all the comics are coming to an end all around the same time; so I just figured they're closing shop.

Dragon Paladin

Post by Dragon Paladin »

Ah. The end. The satisfying-no-loose-ends-or-unresolved-plot-points-end. Well, except for Teddy's Mom, his dad and Pandora, the price Abby paid for being a succubus, what Alchemy will do now that she's been stood up, how the other angels react to Charity's new look, if Naomi and what's-her-face from MC will ever get a room, if Pandora and Zachuriel continue their affair, if Teddy goes back to stripping, what will happen now that Teddeity is free again, how Abby's friends and family will react to her being a demon, and why Chloe's mom never showed up. But other than that, bliss. True bliss.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Fluffy wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:52 pm
Maybe I'm wrong? But it seems odd that all the comics are coming to an end all around the same time; so I just figured they're closing shop.
I understood that all the comics ending was due to the fact that free Webcomics with an advertising-based income model had turned out to be non-profitable these days, which implied that there’d be no more such Webcomics from Pixietrix. But then, Giz’s announcement seems to show that understanding to be wrong.

Perhaps the new comic title will allw them to use a different income model, such as Patreon. Perhaps Giz and Dave were just bored, and a new title will at least allow Giz to carry on with a fresh focus for the love of the game, exposure for her work, and pin-money income. Perhaps I’m missing something. We may find out next week.

But in any case, I doubt that they’ll fold the company any time soon. Unless the admin and accountancy costs are too heavy, it’ll likely serve as a convenient device when running Kickstarters and dividing up residual income. Killing companies entirely is usually far more hassle than running them as zombie shells.

(I speak from UK experience. Been there, done that.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

LarsenSan

Post by LarsenSan »

As far as I can understand the ending... when Chloe removed Teddy's collar he became his absolute god persona again and wiped the whole universe, recreating it in... another reality and another webcomic that we may see again... somewhere, someday.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

Fluffy wrote:
I'm led to understand that they're moving their focus to pay comics, since forum slapfights don't pay the bills.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Fluffy wrote:
Spidrift wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:50 pm
Fluffy wrote:
Yeah, nope. Because in addition to the new comic set in the Ma3verse, they’re also redoing their websites. That is not an insignificant investment.

So, it’s quite possible that the door is closing here, but another will open.

I even have a guess as to how it might.

One of the chief complaints about Dangerously Chloe is that the titular character didn’t actually appear in it all that much in later chapters. Many decried it as poor writing, but really it was just symptomatic of having a larger cast of characters to work with. The story grew into being not specifically about Chloe, and turned into an ensemble thing.

So, this story may continue, but bigger, under a different title, in a series of new settings better suited to answering all these lingering questions.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling