AOI HOUSE (Week 29): Synchronized Swimming

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

Lord Styphon wrote:Elle complaining means that Elle has a problem with it. At the same time, however, Elle is the only one complaining about it; nobody else is. Furthermore, Elle complains about a lot of things.
Sounds like my mom when she finds something to complain about. Anime, Disney movies, games, "regular" cartoons, voice actors, books, me reading my favorite books over and over... I could go on for hours, but that would be a waste of space.

On today's comic: "Sync rate, 400%!"

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

Sleeper wrote:What is weird about it? Everyone has their tastes, likes, dislikes, eccentricies, etc.

This is what I dislike about society; how it seems required that everyone has to be labeled, or part of some social group. Just because someone does certain things, they are labeled as part of a group they don't necessarly belong to.
At least for me it's strange because I pictured her more as a lacross or soccer type of girl, something with a lot more physical pushing and shoving. Her attitude toward Alex and Sandy lead me to that conclusion. Instead she seems to like the physical aspect but something more graceful which is synchronized swimming.

You have to admit though much of the time a persons outward attitude can lead you to correct assumptions about other aspects of life. It's moments like these where the "I'm going kick their butts for that" type of person is doing something that takes everyone by surprise which are very rare.
It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison. Michelle Cheung

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

Well Maria seems to like what she saw very much, but I think Alex and Morgan are not sure what to say, which seems to amuse Jessica. Also though I knew Nina was on the swim team I was lead to the false assumption it was Elle, the one Echiboo was following.

Now my question is, whose clapping? Nina's boyfriend, admirer, someone she doesn't like that Alex will save her from ticking off Morgan more?
It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison. Michelle Cheung

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

That is true Jessica is always trying to smile.

As to Nina taking care of herself, well that depends. Does the rest of the swim club see the other "tougher" side of her, or just the more friendly side that loves the swimming?

My predicition though, you're right she can take care of herself, but to Morgan's objection Alex will rush in, take the brunt of the punishment meant for the other guy and get yelled at by Nina and Morgan for something he doesn't understand doing wrong. :sweat:

Also don't think it will happen by the pool, but that they will leave happily together at first, gives Echiboo a new mission to follow Nina and "John Doe". :happyhappy:.

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

Maria's expression in panel 2 is awesome.

It reminds me of a comic I did with my character. We see Samantha, wearing a dress (which is rare, as she's a tomboy) and spinning around a la Yukari, with hearts all around her. At one point, she has the same look on her face as Maria does. Her sister (Lizzie) and her boyfriend Keith are watching.

Keith: Why is she so happy?
Lizzie: She got a new movie for her Quentin Tarantino film collection.
Keith: Oh.
Then the next panel had him saying "What?!" with a surprised look on his face. Lizzie smirks at him, and we see Samantha in the back holding the DVD up with a dreamy look on her face-"Ahh, random, senseless violence..."

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

Her expression is classic, and it makes me wonder if she will soon join the swimteam or just start watching each of their pratices. :sweat:

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

I think it would raise some eyebrows (kind of like her "confession" about yaoi anime and manga did) but those of Aoi House would probably try and get her to join the team instead of being just a hardcore fan.

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

Ooops she is, isn't she? I think they might have a breach in their lines soon :sweat: .

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

I think Elle because that would be the most comical and also likey to cause them the most trouble. Though the Dean finding them would be funny too, maybe they both will at different times?

The Dean first and later after Morgan gets them to try again, Elle?