Adam's Room: Touring the Otaku's Den

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

59cobalt

Post by 59cobalt »

Sargon wrote:What kind of living arrangement do you have where you get to screw shelves into the wall?
Ummm... what kind of arrangement do you have that you don't?

cu
59cobalt
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight flaw in my character."
--Li Kao (Barry Hughart: Bridge of Birds)

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

59cobalt wrote:
Sargon wrote:What kind of living arrangement do you have where you get to screw shelves into the wall?

cu
59cobalt
When you live in a cardboard box.

59cobalt

Post by 59cobalt »

Sargon wrote:
59cobalt wrote:
Oh, just practically every renter I've encountered.
Well, I haven't encountered an arrangement like that in my life, and it strikes me as rather unusual, at least where I live. Only possible exception I can think of is when you're living in some historical building (being under preservation order and stuff).

cu
59cobalt
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight flaw in my character."

JetStorm

Post by JetStorm »

Damn, that's one hell of a room of doom :sweat: . I thought the Pez dispensers were an especially nice touch.

59cobalt

Post by 59cobalt »

Necro V wrote:
59cobalt wrote:
Sargon wrote: Oh, just practically every renter I've encountered.
Well, I haven't encountered an arrangement like that in my life, and it strikes me as rather unusual, at least where I live. Only possible exception I can think of is when you're living in some historical building (being under preservation order and stuff).
If you rent an appearment to can not put any kind of holes in the walls
Sure I can. Like I said before: I haven't had an arrangement where I couldn't in my life, and I've been living on my own for 15 years now.
because the only way to remove those holes is to replaster the wall and noone wants to do that extra work just to fill in a hole.
You don't have to re-plaster the entire wall. You just fill in the holes, and that's about it.
Not everyone living in the appartment would want a hole in the same location you do.
That's why you fill in the holes when you move out.

cu
59cobalt

59cobalt

Post by 59cobalt »

Necro V wrote:I never said replaster the entire wall. You just replaster the area with the holes.
And what exactly would be so hard about that, IYHO? Not to mention that nobody cares if you want to do that "extra work". If you put in the holes, it's your job to fill them in when you move out. Period.
But I suppose you just fill the holes with toilet paper and hope the landlord is too stupid to notice.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spackling_paste

Why don't you go get yourself some clue and STFU until then?

cu
59cobalt

Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

I like where this thread is going.

JetStorm

Post by JetStorm »

Lord Styphon wrote:I like where this thread is going.
:lol: good times
Embarrassment is counter-productive
PSN: DAIKATAR
[img]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k42/fireswarm88/HammerofJust45c8f415a03ca-1.jpg[/img]