AOI HOUSE (Week 40) - Food Court Conversation

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

AOI HOUSE (Week 40) - Food Court Conversation

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Last edited by Giz on Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:22 am, edited 4 times in total.

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

And she's smoking a Red Apple cigarette! :happyhappy:

59cobalt

Post by 59cobalt »

Harukochan wrote:And she's smoking a Red Apple cigarette!
Umm... what the heck is a Red Apple cigarette? A special (strong?) brand?

cu
59cobalt
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight flaw in my character."
--Li Kao (Barry Hughart: Bridge of Birds)

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

Red Apple Cigarettes are a fictional brand often used in Quentin Tarantino films (you can see an ad for them in Kill Bill vol. 1)

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

I'm a Tarantino film fan (I won't see Hostel, though, as it's just produced by the guy. And besides, even I have my limits)

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

The burger Echiboo is eating is technically labeled in the script as being from Mooby's, but that's kind of hard to work in on a visible level.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

1P in a MP World wrote:I recall Adam saying he was on a Tarantino tangent in some other post, so these refs make sense.
Ha ha. Is it that apparant? ^_^

Well, at least we now know what Sandy's and Alex's majors are (that would explain their offer to help Elle with the newsletter.)
For the final printed book, Elle will instead be working on the club website. So any mention of "newsletter" in episode 3 is being turned into "website." There are like 4 lines that will be changed. Really minor, but it's a plot point that I've decided to drop. I've tried to follow it up twice now and been told that it just kills the flow of the scenes whenever I have it brought up. So, I'm going to retcon it out.

Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

Sleeper wrote:Nina doesn't catch a break when it comes to smoking. No one wants her smoking around them. However, I agree with everyone. Nina shouldn't be smoking around everyone.
Does the fact that she is smoking around everyone mean that the various no smoking ordinances haven't spread to whatever city they live in?