[KASHIMASHI] not a dub, but there are english voices

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
Hazumu Osaragi

[KASHIMASHI] not a dub, but there are english voices

Post by Hazumu Osaragi »

i want it dub if they can do it in the first ep why not the full series

darkchibi07

Post by darkchibi07 »

If you're referring to those talking guys in the space base in the first episode, that was part of the original Japanese broadcast.

Hazumu Osaragi

Post by Hazumu Osaragi »

yes i nam i know but if they can do that why not the whole series were one or the other kind of person. oh yeah nice lucky star image i loved the series

Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

Because the Japanese producing a Japanese show for a Japanese audience in English is stupid, that's why.

Bobster

Post by Bobster »

darkchibi07 wrote:If you're referring to those talking guys in the space base in the first episode, that was part of the original Japanese broadcast.
This is very common in Japanese anime. I have read about English speaking people being pulled off the street in Japan to read the lines for one episode. As a side note, NHK offers programs in English. Begin Japanology, J-Melo and Cool Japan are the ones that I watch. They have Japanese audio dub on the second channel.

Bobby

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Hazumu Osaragi wrote:yes i nam i know but if they can do that why not the whole series were one or the other kind of person. oh yeah nice lucky star image i loved the series
Please use proper grammar when using this forum. Capital letters, periods and commas are required for posts.

Hazumu Osaragi

Post by Hazumu Osaragi »

sometimes i type fast when angry, and there are english fan to every seris so why not.

Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

Hazumu Osaragi wrote:sometimes i type fast when angry,
Are you always angry, then?
Hazumu Osaragi wrote:and there are english fan to every seris so why not.
First, no there are not English (or English-speaking) fans of every series.

Second, even if there were, the numbers of them might be too small to justify an English dub track, particularly if the vast majority of the ones who would be buying the title wouldn't even be using it, preferring the original Japanese. Kasimasi is a niche title, where the vast majority of the target audience would prefer to watch it in Japanese, making an English dub superfluous.

As well as expensive.

Hazumu Osaragi

Post by Hazumu Osaragi »

i love the series , i love hazumu , have the biggest hazumu collection on ny group of friends, and almost can watch it without subtitles i watch it so much . i just want a good dub.

Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

Do you love the series enough and want the dub badly enough to pay thousands of dollars to recoup the expenses of producing it to get it? If you're not, you're not going to get it. Period.

Even if you do have several thousand dollars to burn, producing something because just one person wants it, like you want here, is a money-losing proposition.

Bobster

Post by Bobster »

At least for the North American market the non dubbed DVD sales have ruined any chance of a dub release. The three disk set can be had at Best Buy for as little as $12.99 depending on the store. I picked up an extra set and they re-stocked shortly after. You best option at this point would be a fan produced over dub track for the show. It would take some work, but could be done. If done right you might be able to get it included on a future pressing of the DVDs if there are any.

Bobby

Hazumu Osaragi

Post by Hazumu Osaragi »

thered is one but the did it wrong and the did the begining in the first wrong buy putting words in the silent kiss, and they change the op song.

Hazumu Osaragi

Post by Hazumu Osaragi »

and it would be nice to have kashimashi in american, and don't ever tell me that i knows when i said english, i meant american english.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Please use the edit option instead of double posting.

Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

Hazumu Osaragi wrote:and it would be nice to have kashimashi in american, and don't ever tell me that i knows when i said english, i meant american english.
As opposed to Canadian or South African English.