20-01-09 Bumblezii

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Ithilion

Re: 20-01-09 Bumblezii

Post by Ithilion »

Bear is right... Blackarachnia (one word) is not G1... but she is by far one of the most interesting chars in general... female or otherwise... i mean, she managed to turn Silverdolt... err, Silverbolt into a cool guy
Cave Elder: Keeper of the Garden, Zen Master of Shadows

Member of the Dream Team

You are suffering from delusions of adequacy.

Kuja's Little Mage

Post by Kuja's Little Mage »

BA was pretty vicious in Animated, too...aside from being a little emo. The fact that she poisons/paralyzes a couple members of the team and strings out the Dinobots for her own purposes doesn't go without a few points.

That aside, this is not going to end well for Gary. Zii could possibly do one of a few things at this point...none of them really work in the poor guy's favor.
Seifer stared at Laguna with a look of wonderment. He leaned over and whispered gleefully to Squall, "You share his genes."

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

Ithilion wrote:Bear is right... Blackarachnia (one word) is not G1...
Well, she is, and she isn't. Depends how you define 'G1'. The Beast Era isn't G1, in that it came after the G2 line was started (and ended). On the other hand, it is, because, unlike everything that came after it (except for some of the comics), it's based in G1 continuity. (The G1 continuity ran through the original series, G2 and the Beast Era. Then came Robots in Disguise, the Unicron Trilogy, the movie, and Animated.)

I prefer Animated Blackarachnia to the Beast Era one. More interesting origin, IMO, and much more awesome looking.

Ack, bad Dave! You made us go onto a Transformers hijack! >_>

And, nah, not every way Zii could react would end up bad for Gary. It could actually also go rather badly for her, depending how Gary reacts to her being in his bed uninvited.
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

Kuja's Little Mage

Kamino Neko wrote:
Ithilion wrote:Bear is right... Blackarachnia (one word) is not G1...
Well, she is, and she isn't. Depends how you define 'G1'. The Beast Era isn't G1, in that it came after the G2 line was started (and ended). On the other hand, it is, because, unlike everything that came after it (except for some of the comics), it's based in G1 continuity. (The G1 continuity ran through the original series, G2 and the Beast Era...)
I never thought of G1 encompassing BW. I always called G1, G2 and the '84 movie G1, and figured everything after that was second- or third-gen. I apparently do not fit either definition...?

And if Gary does get mad at finding Zii in his bed...I doubt he'd be able to stay that way for very long. :D Sure, he might be upset for a long while, but I'm sure Zii (or both girls) will think of something to bring him around.
Seifer stared at Laguna with a look of wonderment. He leaned over and whispered gleefully to Squall, "You share his genes."

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

Kuja's Little Mage wrote:I never thought of G1 encompassing BW. I always called G1, G2 and the '84 movie G1, and figured everything after that was second- or third-gen.
If you're calling G2 'G1', you're apparently going by the continuity definition, which makes the Beast Era G1 - not only is it in the same continuity, it's based very strongly around it - Starscream's immortal spark's appearance in season 1, much of seasons 2 and 3 involve Ravage (reformatted as a Predacon, but definitely the same Decepticon) and the Ark and Nemesis (the Decepticon ship Megatron and his crew were on), and many random shout outs (such as Rattrap's claim of relation to Arcee).

If you're not going by continuity, and using the toy lines as divided by Hasbro and Takara, G1 and G2 are separate, and Beast Wars is generally regarded as part of G2 (rather than a break between the two lines, they moved straight from G2 to BW, and they used the same Transformers logo for both lines).

Then there's the 'Continuity Family' definition, which puts G1 (which includes the original movie), Japanese G1 (which breaks from American G1 after the movie), G2, Japanese G2, the Dreamwave comics, the IDW comics, the 3H/Fun comics, Binaltech/Alternators, Kiss Players, Beast Wars, Beast Wars II, Beast Wars Neo, Beast Machines, and Car Robots/Robots in Disguise (and probably a few other that I'm blanking on at the moment) all under 'G1'.

G2 is the only use of 'Generation' in any official capacity, G1 taking the name implicitly. And it's a good thing, too, because...where do you make the break? The couple years between G1 and G2 are the only significant length of time where there wasn't SOMETHING Transformers on the market in North America (I don't think Japan ever did have a break), and starting around 2003, there were multiple lines running at the same time. (The first Universe franchise overlapped the Unicron Trilogy, the current one overlaps the Movie and Animated lines, which also overlap each other...)

... Primus help me, I didn't used to be this much of a TF geek.

Back to the strip - I think Gary freaking out is as likely as Zii doing so - Zii's a bit more of a hot-head, but she's also the one whose fault this particular bit of embarrassment is. Also, not the one who's naked at the other's hands. (Since her shirt seems to have gotten pulled down at some point in their respective dreams.)

But I don't think anything worse than some major embarrassment for both of them, and some awkward moments, is likely to happen.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

Martini

Post by Martini »

Whahaha, I wonder wath Gary's first reaction is going to be. Problably thinking, they had sex without him knowing about it. :))

thaldin

Post by thaldin »

Gary.... Survey Says......

bzzzzzzzz

Wrong answer... So sorry, Gary, this is going to hurt!

Kuja's Little Mage

I'm just popping in here after watching Obama's inauguration to say...

DAMN, Kamino, should I take notes or something? Will there be a quiz later? XD

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

Oh, I could make it so, so much worse. 8-}

If you hear the word 'Primax'...run. >_>

Panda

Post by Panda »

So... Garry dreamed of tentacles because of Lita's tail - and he dreams of transformers when his hand is on Ziis' chest? :))

Also, I had a similair situation (kiss while asleep), but luckily it was with my gf. And even she was freaked out. The only thing that's in favour of Gary at the moment, is that the accident happened in HIS bed. Really looking forward to thursday now =)

zrinkill

Post by zrinkill »

Am I the only one who thinks Zii may take advantage of this situation and rock Gary's world?

He will think he got down with DiDi and Zii will be off the hook.

Seems to me like something she might do.

Ray D

Post by Ray D »

Wow, I can't believe the amount of Transformers geekery that's been unleashed here. We had Smurfs geekery before that, and X-men, and...did I miss something else?

When, oh when, will Dave and Giz do a pop culture fantasy that connects with my old-school comic geekery? Like Archie comics, or the Spirit, or Tintin, or Pogo, or Andy Capp, or Asterix, or Rocky and Bullwinkle, or Love and Rockets? Surely there must be a few other old-school geeks here who feel left out.

Dudley Dooright...hmm, that's Canadian. How about Gary as Dudley, Zii as Nell, and DiDi as Horse?

JMac85

Post by JMac85 »

I guess I'm missing out on most of these jokes. I know of them, but they weren't part of my childhood like y'all. I didn't watch much TV as a lad. My good times were spent with and duct tape. I made most of my toys!

Growing up on welfare sucks...

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

cough cough*
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Kuja's Little Mage

Tenjen wrote:(silly image was here)

cough cough*