09-02-12 Miss there

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

cellabella

Re: 09-02-12 Sonya was sexting

Post by cellabella »

"Manraped" is also an ... excessively strong (some would say tasteless) choice of words. It may have been rushed, but it was consensual. Kiley actually explicitly gave Gary the opportunity to stop.
I have to agree with this. I hate TinyTits with a purple passion, and it is an interesting point to ask how forumites would feel if the situation were reversed and, say, it was Gary wanting to do the deed with Yuki after she had a massive peen freakout and wasn't exactly herself (Gary had had a pretty rough night prior to TT's arrival of the scene and he wasn't acting totally himself, IMO), but she didn't manrape him. He went on with it and blew his load inside her and wanted seconds, so that says consensual to me.

I think people would have more of a case that what Amber-Amber did to Gary was borderline noncon, but he said himself afterward that he was okay with what happened, so that is also that, I guess.

The Sonya thing is a little bit of an annoyance. She's dumb as a sack of dog balls but it's clear Gary is still attracted to her, else, he would've taken TT to IHOP or something the moment he saw that he was on Sonya's turf. And now TT is going to have yet ANOTHER tiresome freakout over some other girl's boobs. Yawn. But I'm still pissed that Sonya slapped the shit out of Gary and acted basically like a bipolar tool. I was really hoping that it signaled her exit from the comic and I'm ready for her to join Sandra and Senna in their adventures.

I wonder if we are seeing the beginning of Gary's march toward the events that lead up to the Christmas Future strip in which he seems to be single and interested in part in at least having sex with Zii.

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

I suppose it would be too out of character for Kiley to woman up and straddle Gary right then and there? I'm pretty sure Star Power is at full mast and using all the blood that would normally allow the brain to function properly. Kiley should realize she has "dibs" at this point, and since Sonya is a usurper, could get Gary going with a slow, sexy kiss. That'd make him forget that pirate girl.

But if it was me, I'd get arrested for having sex with a waitress in the kitchen. :p
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

CobbHasAHat

Post by CobbHasAHat »

Error of Logic wrote:This is just rude... What kind of person starts sexting someone who they can see is with someone else?
I plead the Fifth?

Actually not that unreasonable. Remember that Sonya was just in a competition with a girl for Gary's affections, and showing off was considered a valid way to score points. No clear "winner" or "loser" came out, so it seems the only person who thinks the competition is over is ... Gary!

homeslice

Post by homeslice »

=))

Oh wow those eyes in the last panel.

mortaug
BANNED

Post by mortaug »

Living with, and sleeping with, multiple women may sound like a fantasy but it has more headaches than the sex makes up for.
Reason number 1: women lie. "Oh sure it doesn't mean anything, it's just sex." Lie Lie Lie! You spend 5 secs longer with A than B & all hell breaks out [-( .
Or you do something nice for C, then A & B just KNOW(in their minds) that she has been doing something they haven't X( or you like her more.
Women revert to the mental age of like 12 when the jealosy bug rears its lil' ol' head.
Men do the same thing, especially gay men =; . OMG, you would think the world had ended seeing some of the blowups over the most childish things.
I mean really, is it such a big deal that he didnt want to get out of bed & go with you to get coffee!!! And why the hell did you have to rush over here & wake me up to tell me!?!
Yes, apparently I have "Tell me all your problems, I'm a great listener" written on my forehead for all nutjobs to see. I attract them like cops to a doughnut shop.
Who has possessed genitals? Did I miss a strip?

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

blue zone wrote:If Gary was the girl, and Kiley the man....what would you call that sequence?
Still consensual. One asked if they should stop, and the other clearly said no. Consent was officially given by BOTH parties involved.

Whaddayawant now? A freakin' lawyer's letter? :)

Eris Lobo

Post by Eris Lobo »

As a woman with larger-than-average boobies (40DD), I have to say --

I wish humans were like other species, in that mammaries were the same size on both males and females (except when a female is lactating).

Having big boobs is annoying. It's annoying to deal with them when I'm buying clothes, especially when I find a dress or a blouse that I love to death, and it fits perfectly except it's way too tight around the chest. It's annoying for guys to stare at my breasts and not pay attention to my other features. It's annoying seeing photos of women displayed everywhere on the supermarket magazine racks as if their breast size was their most important feature.

Having a culture where a woman's breasts and their size is one of the most critically important parts of her physical and sexual appeal does nothing but drive down the way women are considered overall, causing people to ignore their other more varied (and more beautiful) features.

I apologize for the rant, but I feel sorry for Kiley and for everything she's had to go through in life to reach this point in her mindset.

Sonya can go fuck herself for being a bitch and for trying to steal Gary away using a mindless appeal to his gonads -- especially when it's clear he's on a date.

Kiley is a perfect match for Gary in so many ways. I hope this is just a baptism of fire, and that he and Kiley get through it, maybe a bit singed, but hand in hand together to the end. Yeah, I'm a shipper for them, but for good reason.

With any luck Sonya's boss will see what she's doing and fire her stupid ass. Hmmph.

*grumbles to myself and then goes off to get some coffee*
Rowlf!!!

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

What?!? You're gonna get coffee without me???

It's OVER between us!!!

MORTAUG!!! SHE REJECTED ME!!! :((

:))

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

blue zone wrote:If Gary was the girl, and Kiley the man....what would you call that sequence?
Rushed, possibly (in a more realistic world) highly unwise, but still consensual.
blue zone wrote:Yuki has shown slight glimpse of lucidity and placidness as well in Garys presence, in between her bouts of nigh insanity.
"My client is only a psychotic maniac some of the time, m'lord."

Sorry, doesn't work. Heck, as people keep pointing out, in a faintly realistic story-world, Yuki would have been sectioned long ago, for her own good. I'm not complaining about the fact that I'm reading a comedy webcomic in which cute crazy chicks can plead Benefit of Clergy, but crazy is still crazy.

(A small hint for anyone tempted to take webcomics as a guide to real life, by the way: If a cute girl with severe known psychological issues derived from childhood trauma, and a record of physical violence towards strangers, tells you that she wants to be your girlfriend, this is not a good thing. Basically, you should run away, and probably seek the assistance of the police. Otherwise, you are likely heading for a sad paragraph in the newpapers, and she is probably heading for a secure hospital for life. You may, if you feel an excessive sense of responsibility, try and make sure that she receives the treatment that she needs - that might even be the safest option overall - but staying close to her is playing with fire.)
blue zone wrote:Heck, Sonya may be the sanest of them all lacking full disclosure.
Almost certainly, in fact. She's the only one after Gary whose behaviour wouldn't actually seem to call for therapy in that realistic world. A good friend taking her out for a quiet drink and suggesting that she tone things down a bit, maybe, but no more than that. Though Kiley would probably recover fairly well if whatever is stressing her out so badly was removed from her life for a while.

(Sonya is dumb as the proverbial, egocentric, and vain. She's also very sexy and basically rational. She's not everyone's best choice as a girlfriend, but anyone could do a lot worse. In our totally imaginary realistic version of Ma3, Gary couldn't be blamed for considering her, though he should in all conscience make sure that she's insulated from his possibly-very-dangerous potential stalker.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Matuse

Post by Matuse »

Having a culture where a woman's breasts and their size is one of the most critically important parts of her physical and sexual appeal does nothing but drive down the way women are considered overall, causing people to ignore their other more varied (and more beautiful) features.
See, the thing here is that it's not "a culture" about breasts. This is hard-wired into the male brain. There are a number of body systems that we have whose function is keeping us alive through various means. Everything that isn't related directly to keeping us alive is related to procreation, and this massively includes any and all physical attributes. Culture is not to blame for breast fixation. Genetics are.

Count de Money

Post by Count de Money »

Smoove Gary is smooooooove.

"Our psychological shields can't repel cleavage of that magnitude!"

Fess up, forumites. Who's gonna make Kiley's face in the lower right corner of Panel 4 their avatar?
"Tall and dark and really handsome ... the hunk from Oo-Oo-Nima's real dumb ... And when he strolls, each one he strolls by goes, 'BLEAAAAAAH!'"
-- Dot Warner

Aquila89

Post by Aquila89 »

The encounter between Gary and Kiley was totally consensual. Yeah, she jumped him, but only after he said "you can hug me or kiss me or whatever". She asked if he wants her to stop, he said no. It wouldn't make any difference if the genders were reversed.
mortaug wrote: Yes, apparently I have "Tell me all your problems, I'm a great listener" written on my forehead for all nutjobs to see. I attract them like cops to a doughnut shop.
My mother, who is a therapist complains of the same thing. It happens to several to her collegues. Appearently, some people can just feel it. I, on the other hand, appearently have an expression that says "Don't you even try to speak to me."
Error of Logic wrote:This is just rude... What kind of person starts sexting someone who they can see is with someone else?
Sonya thinks that Gary only brought Kiley to the coffee shop to provoke her. Which, I think, shows that she has an oversized ego. Not everything is about you, Sonya.
Last edited by Aquila89 on Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CobbHasAHat

Post by CobbHasAHat »

Matuse wrote:Culture is not to blame for breast fixation. Genetics are.
Not strictly true. Though there is an undeniable hard-wired appeal towards large breasts (evolution making sure that plenty of nourishment is available for infants), it isn't purely biological in nature. Western culture, and American culture in particular, has a marked emphasis on the breasts as a symbol of sexual appeal. This becomes a learned behavior and fosters the breast fixation that we see in America today, unlike the European mindset which is rather less focused on the breasts for sexual attraction.

In short, genetics has a small role, but culture has a huge one.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Eris Lobo wrote:As a woman with larger-than-average boobies (40DD), I have to say --

I wish humans were like other species, in that mammaries were the same size on both males and females (except when a female is lactating).

Having big boobs is annoying. It's annoying to deal with them when I'm buying clothes, especially when I find a dress or a blouse that I love to death, and it fits perfectly except it's way too tight around the chest. It's annoying for guys to stare at my breasts and not pay attention to my other features. It's annoying seeing photos of women displayed everywhere on the supermarket magazine racks as if their breast size was their most important feature.

I can do only one thing... *APPLAUDS* Well said, Eris Lobo. Very well said, indeed.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Aquila89 wrote:
Sonya thinks that Gary only brought Kiley to the coffee shop to provoke her. Which, I think, shows that she has an oversized ego. Not everything is about you, Sonya.
So it is rude, right? I'd just like to be clear on this.