09-02-12 Miss there

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

themacnut

Re: 09-02-12 Sonya was sexting

Post by themacnut »

Aquila89 wrote:Well, then grab Kiley, leave right now and turn off the phone.
Turning off the phone is an option; don't count on Gary thinking of it though, pretty sure his higher reasoning centers are shutting down again. At this point, Kiley's going to have to do a lot of his thinking for him, and I don't think she's going to be up to it. She's probably not even thinking for herself after seeing that last sext...
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Wanting to see her in a pirate outfit in and of itself isn't wrong - but, again, there is a time and place for everything (I'm honestly surprised that the manager on duty hasn't spotted Sonya stepping out of her mandatory uniform and into a Hallowe'en costume yet).

And I doubt he expected her to start sexting him, and by then, it was too late (he could have up and left, true - but not only is this Gary (being someone unaccustomed to handling such situations), he would also have to explain to Kiley what was going on and why he wanted to leave (which would no doubt upset her - which I'm sure he would rather avoid).

Though we saw what that latter outcome invited.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

CWR wrote:It seems that Sonya's chest has grown to Didi proportions...am I wrong?
Camera distortion - false perspective.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Aquila's right; Gary's best option was to turn off his phone and flee the restaurant with Kiley. Since Kiley is most likely about to have a meltdown at the sight of Sonya's ample mammaries however, that option is now gone, as he'll now have to somehow deal with said meltdown.

And while he's dealing with it, in shall walk Zii, Didi and a furious Yuki...

K.Kuranes

Post by K.Kuranes »

Spidrift wrote:
CWR wrote:It seems that Sonya's chest has grown to Didi proportions...am I wrong?
Camera distortion - false perspective.
and they were fairly big to begin with. @-)

Will Gary get the benifit now of Kiley trying to put the others out of his mind? Probably not, but would be fun. Particularly when they get caught.
In a dream it was also that he came by his name of Kuranes, for when awake he was called by another name.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

themacnut wrote:Kiley's EYES! I predict a meltdown next strip, as Kiley's small-breast complex kicks in full-force. What form that meltdown takes I look forward to seeing.
Depends how incapacitating her breast-size problem actually is. We're about to find out. We know that it's persistent, and she might indeed implode completely - but she usually comes across as one of the more sensible people in the strip (right up to the point where she melts down under stress and, say, jumps Gary), so it's just possible we'll get a ten-second bawl followed by an Oh-for-pete's-sake sort of speech to Sonya.

And yeah, she has just proved that she's one of the few people in the strip (alongside Erik) who can make sensible deductions about the behaviour of people around her and respond relatively sanely. And being a bit irritated by Gary's clueless prevarication at that point is quite understandable. It's just a shame about her body image issues.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Aquila89

Post by Aquila89 »

themacnut wrote: And while he's dealing with it, in shall walk Zii, Didi and a furious Yuki...
Zii doesn't know where Gary and Kiley went. And why would she tell Yuki that they had sex?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Aquila89 wrote:On the other hand, Gary chose to stay to see her in the pirate outfit - so, he's still interested in her. Disappointing.
There people go again, expecting rational and high-minded behaviour from Gary's hormone-addled nerd brain.

(Or pretty well anyone's brain in this strip, really. If the characters behaved with real-world logic, Yuki would be in a secure hospital and several of the other characters would be in intensive therapy.)
Aquila89 wrote:Zii doesn't know where Gary and Kiley went. And why would she tell Yuki that they had sex?
Because her mouth sometimes runs ahead of her brain, especially when she's angry - which she might be just now, though we don't know exactly what Yuki's said to her or how she's decided to respond.

Zii is not as smart as she thinks she is, and has unreliable impulse control.

Quote merged. Maybe you'll notice one day... The DAMNed
---------
Spidrift

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

And if Zii doesn't tell Yuki, Didi probably will, in an attempt to run off another "rival".

Aquila89

Post by Aquila89 »

She could've blurted it out when Yuki mentioned Kiley, but she didn't. I don't think she will now. And why would she be angry?

DiDi on the other hand might spill the beans.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Talk about irony. For once I was up and working until 7 in the morning (or at least 30 mins longer than the typical comic appears hour), and then the servers fail. Luckily, I was so tired I did not care and just went to bed...

Anyway!!

Strangely no one has remarked upon the total lack of consequences of the dropping le fourchette business! :-??
midgetshrimp wrote:Thanks Kisai :)
Hmm, normally you are like a hound upon NSFW pics, and this one you left standing?? I'm sure the NBC would have screamed Nipplegate at it. ;)
themacnut wrote:Turning off the phone is an option; don't count on Gary thinking of it though
Turning off the phone does not seem to be an option for many people in 2012 (see New York Met incident...)
Spidrift wrote:Depends how incapacitating her breast-size problem actually is.
In this comic??? :-j Curl on the ground like a fetus debilitating, of course.
Spidrift wrote:(right up to the point where she melts down under stress and, say, jumps Gary)
I like this option. Way to one-up Sonya!! Jump Gary right here and now! :D Show Sonya what she won't get!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Aquila89

Post by Aquila89 »

Turning down my cell phone is not an option for me either. You can't turn down what you don't have.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Aquila89 wrote:She could've blurted it out when Yuki mentioned Kiley, but she didn't. I don't think she will now. And why would she be angry?
Well, note all the shippers here who think that Kiley is morally obligated to keep her hands off Gary because of her pseudo-professional relationship with Yuki (or Just Because), or that Gary and Kiley ought to have spent the last night mobilising the RCAF and the JSDF in pursuit of Yuki after her little meltdown. Zii seems to have a complicated attitude to and relationship with Yuki, and might decide to take the same position. She's done weirder things in the past.
---------
Spidrift

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

glad they switched Zii.mena........... to wvw.menagea3............ the strip images

I can live with the "links" images (cast, previous, next, first, latest, etc) still not visible till they fix the Zii.mena....... images

Which they fixed just now at about 4:43 AM pacific time
ImageImage

Aquila89

Post by Aquila89 »

"Note all the shippers..." You know that includes me, right? I was the one who complained the most, actually.

Well, I don't know. Zii was against Gary dating Yuki from the very beginning. And if she'd chastisize Gary for irresponsible sexual behavior, that would be hypocrisy to the highest degree.