Post by Giz »

Storm-forge mystique

Re: PTC 09-07-17 Your pecs get all the girls

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

Ha. Ha.

SailorDh

Post by SailorDh »

Seriously did he live under power lines as a kid or did he just eat paste by the bucket?
Nobody is that stupid.

KaedeKisaragi

Post by KaedeKisaragi »

...Nobody is that stupid?

...Hello, I think we haven't been introduced, I'm the menagea3-verse, being stupid for sake of comedy is my nickname ^^

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

*sigh* Innovation? Growing as a writer? Not doing the same thing over and over? What are those?

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Hopefully, a temporary farce.
Unlike Aaron and Zadie, Julian seemed like a decent guy - hell, the fact he had an outspoken crush on Dillon, yet moved passed him because of the latter's refusal to entertain the notion of dating a "kid" he knew, means that Julian is one of the more functional characters, peripheral or otherwise. So, hopefully his proverbial straight man role will be immediate and effective.
Zadie's supposed main trait of casting a wide net "because hot" is lacklustre at best; with Aaron's stupidity (which, one must acknowledge, is beyond the usual Ma3 idiocy because it involves bigotry), I haven't got much patience for this horny shtick for the umpteenth time - I mean, it can be amusing in small doses, but when her only other trait is "needs job," it makes her frustrating and dull. And back to Aaron - while the incompetent person acting like they are good at something that they clearly aren't to *mentor* someone else can be funny, but since he is already horribly unlikeable, I don't see his delusional smugness becoming amusing.
I'm harsh because I care. Despite my lengthy, seeming nothing but negativity, I'm still intrigued at any other potential threads that are up in the air!

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

This is getting so dumb. I'm getting really close to dropping this comic despite the excellent artwork. It's just that the plot, characterization, and pacing are so awful right now. And to top it all off the comic's humor is falling flat on its face. We need a scene change and humor that's not farcical for once.

brasca

Post by brasca »

And the farce lives on. Not that I’m complaining.

cheshire86

Post by cheshire86 »

Lita walks into the store

AARON: Who let that funny-looking dog in the store?

RAMONA: That's not a --

ZADIE: Is he single?!

RAMONA: He's a she. And also a cat.

ZADIE: drools, bats eyes at Lita

AARON: I am threatened by the arrival of this small, hairy rival! I WILL DESTROY HIM.

JUNG: ...

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Heteronormative much Aaron?

Well the forumites complained about a lack of straight characters, so now we get Aaron, who is without a doubt STRAIGHT!
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Opus the Poet wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:26 pm

Well the forumites complained about a lack of straight characters, so now we get Aaron, who is without a doubt STRAIGHT!
Yeah - an obnoxious sort of straight (because that's how straight people act, right? So funneh!) 8-|

Also, horn dogging much, Zadie? She only just broke up with her boyfriend a day ago, spent the last - say, half hour? - pitifully throwing herself at Alex in order to get his attention. Now, she's ogling another attractive man she's just met because 'OMG HAWT!!!'

If Zadie is supposed to be a likable character; her 'charm' isn't working for me.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

Say it. Just say it. He is weak and you are mighty. You can easily overpower him long enough to just say a two-word sentence.
**== **== **== **==

SailorDh

Post by SailorDh »

Fluffy wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:10 pm
Opus the Poet wrote:

Yeah - an obnoxious sort of straight (because that's how straight people act, right? So funneh!) 8-|

Also, horn dogging much, Zadie? She only just broke up with her boyfriend a day ago, spent the last - say, half hour? - pitifully throwing herself at Alex in order to get his attention. Now, she's ogling another attractive man she's just met because 'OMG HAWT!!!'

If Zadie is supposed to be a likable character; her 'charm' isn't working for me.
At least she's not drooling over douchecanoe. Way he is acting I am suprised she says a word to him.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Zadie has only just met Julian, but if she fails to pick up on the clues then she's the Girl with No Gaydar:

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live ... ty/2860843

dmra

Post by dmra »

Opus the Poet wrote:

Or possibly just in denial. After all this is the same world as MA3 where being straight is about as rare as you can get.

Not that I mind that myself but it does help that if you are going to have an out and out straight character that you don't make them as obnoxious and unfunny as Aaron is or Gary's boss (whose name escapes me) was.