PTC 24-10-19 Anything could happen

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Passing Through

Re: PTC 24-10-19 Anything could happen

Post by Passing Through »

leftturnonly wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:14 am
Jung not knowing what a "shoot" is a bit baffling. Even not knowing wrestling terms, film shoots have been around longer and it's pretty common knowledge.
I'm perplexed by your bafflement, why on Themisto would you expect any random person to have even the vaguest idea what specific wrestler slang terms mean? I certainly wouldn't have known with the explanation provided. And if a film shoot has anything in common with a shoot as described here, everything I've ever been told about the film industry is completely false. Are you suggesting I've been lied to all my life?
LegendaryKroc wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:25 pm
Is wrestling fake? Yes, in the sense of the wrestlers just playing characters and many of its moves requiring cooperation to pull off. You have to be SUPER strong to dead lift a fully-grown man, never mind someone with the muscle mass most wrestlers are expected to have.

But also... No, in the sense that the impact of bodies hitting the mats and canvases is real, with techniques to reduce the impact, and you have be careful with your punches and kicks to avoid legitimately hurting your opponents. Think of pro wrestling as a combination of acting, stunt work and audience participation.
Wrestling on stage may be fake, but it's clear the pixietrix wrestler girls settle their differences by wrestling in earnest(how many times has this happened now?), this is basically the start of a street brawl.