Character Discussion!

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

SaBomJon

Re: Character Discussion!

Post by SaBomJon »

Well, it's definitely no secret that the less I see of Matt and Dillon, the better, sorry Dryope, that's the way I calls it. Gary needs to grow some type of backbone soon, or this strip is in danger of becoming very predictable. Zii has safely been knocked out of her comfort zone by Dillon (ok, I'll grudgingly grant credit to him for that... *whatever*), but she still has yet to be seriously thrown a true curve, exposing a sensitive area (lack of a job, dark background, etc.) that she doesn't want anyone to know.

DiDi needs more character development, she is kind of like a "Marilyn Monroe" clone (with ample bosoms) that seems to go through the story rather clueless to the other characters around her. We need to see more from her. I feel lately there's been a little too much attention to the whole "let's show topless characters and hint at more shocking sexual situations" that it's distracting from a lot of good plot exposition. I would hate to see this strip become that type of one-trick pony. There has to be a balance of the provocative titillation and story strength, too much of one side tends to affect how the strip progresses. Time to balance the scales.
"Try not! DO, or do not.....there is no 'try'!"

www.sa-bomjimcomic.com

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

didnt we just have pages of that when gary and zii were talking? and now we're onto rolling in penis shots? and now it seems we're back to development?

We cant judge how things are going and say its all breasts and butt jokes till we let loads of pages pass by. At which point we can see the whole picture and see the balance.

rather than look at the incomplete bridge and say "hey cars arent gonna be able to cross that at all"
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Have to remember that this is a fun loving 'sex and comedy sells' fan service comic. Giz has to balence carefully the funnies, which is what we come for, with the story, which we also come for. Its not easy to be consistantly funny with the characters over every strip along with putting in character and plot developement, and I think that Giz is doing a damned good job of a really tough one.

Plot Developement of Matt and Dillion you ask? Hows Dillion not knowing that Matt was Bi, and Matt thinking that Dillion was for you? I could see that becomming interesting in terms of what may happen with the characters and the stories... And Zii not having a job as it seems, or discovering whatever her dark job secret or past is is part of that too. DiDi is getting development too... Her being so sad after sex... Why? That can open up an entire chain of empty relationship storylines.

Give it time people... you have to remember that even though the comic has been around since May, we've only seen about 4 days in comic time. For what we've got in that ammount of time in character development, I'd say its a hell of alot.

As Tenjen said.... Look at the big picture, not just the parts.

LadySheDevil
Tittycakes

Post by LadySheDevil »

I think it's a little too soon for me to tell who I really like at the moment, but I'm something of a Zii fan right now. And Gary... I've always been attracted to the nerdy, comic book-reading, naive, virginal types... That came out a little wronger than I meant... But you know what I mean. I suppose Gary is my "type".

As for Matt and Dillon, I'm looking forward to finding out more about them. Looks like things are getting interesting...

And DiDi... Well, aside from her massive mammaries, sweet personality, her DDR prowess, and... Bazoombas? Did I already mention those? Okay. Well, I think she will be an interesting character to watch. There's definitely something behind that sad, unsatisfied look after her tryst with Erik... Can't wait to see what comes of that!
Vanishing Elder of the Noms; She who Plays With Madness; One Among the Fence; Tittycake Mistress.

~* \m/ Music is Love. \:D/ *~ ~* :-B Gaming too! :-B *~

Winner: Wet T-Shirt Contest, Ladies Division June '10

toue

Post by toue »

Zii power, but I have to wonder, is she mayhaps a streetwalker? Seems like it goes a bit far even for her and the only evidence is her saying she has evening shifts but that's the first thing I thought of.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

The jury is still out on what Zii does workwise or even if she has a job until miss Giz reveals all... Appart from that theory, most people seem to think thats she's a trust-fund brat, or has a semi-successfull band. either way, she's becomming much more interesting.

Draven_Xero

Post by Draven_Xero »

All ya really need to make money with a band, though, is bored drunks/a bar...almost any bar, really. That's my vote...
And yeah, for me, Zii's the character to watch, but then, I always did like the whole "funky pixie" kinda thing. The fact that she's a rock chick, and possibly crazy, just kinda adds to it.
I can't help but feel a certain kinship with Gary. I've been bordering that level of geekdom for a long time, and I'm almost as socially inept...okay not that bad, but stll frigin' close enough for comfort (or discomfort in this case).
Didi...how could anybody not like Didi? I mean, seriously!?
I got nothin for Matt and Dillon, really. No problem with the characters, but no real enthusiasm either...they just remind me of too many people I actually know...
Strange Haze, and other projects:
http://dravenxero.deviantart.com/gallery/

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

Anyone else here read/watch the manga/anime Chocotto Sister? It occurred to me, while I was falling asleep the other night, that Zii is sort of a soul sister to Makoto Ashirai.

They're both mischievous hedonists.
The other characters (and, for some time, the audience) have no idea what either of them do for a living - yet they're still both able to pony up the rent.
Both are of ambiguous, and somewhat predatory sexuality.
Both are obsessed with the boobs and cooking of their rather busty female friend. Really, really obsessed. See point above.
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

Hobbamock

Ideal Woman

Post by Hobbamock »

Zii's personality in Didi's body.
Woo Hoo!

Maybe there can be a "Freaky Friday" sort of storyline someday.
Could you imagine Zii running around town with Didi's breastesses?
She'd wreck that body.

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Re: Ideal Woman

Post by Kamino Neko »

Hobbamock wrote:Zii's personality in Didi's body.
Woo Hoo!

Maybe there can be a "Freaky Friday" sort of storyline someday.
The body-switch would probably be over before she got around to leaving her room. >_>
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

cheesebunny

Post by cheesebunny »

matt and dillon are sweet I think. and I really like garry cause he is a male version of me, at least the comics and junk. according to everyone else I know however, Im more like zii, hyperactive, slightly nutty and I refuse to get a paying job (though I do tons of volenteering and get EMA) also Im big trouble with a capital CAMERA!!!
although I would love to like her more, Im afraid at the minute I feel slightly adversly to didi, she reminds me a fair bit of how my old bullys used to act when they wernt smearing me. all angellic and nice untill they flipped out the hairbrushes with there pointy pointy handels

matt and dillon, again, are sweet. they remind me of happy happy memories
my ((pinched)) hobby, posting:
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
in public places.

Ray D

Post by Ray D »

I'm just thinking about possible outcomes/pairings here lately.

Zii is very sexy, extremely funny, and a lot of fun, but is she really the kind of girl you can spend a lot of time with? She's so erratic and lustful that I don't know if any bf or gf could trust her out of their sight for more than 15 minutes. This is already causing problems for her. If she could just drop everything else and focus on seducing DiDi she could probably attain her objective, but she hasn't done that. Instead, we see her wasting her energy on pron, Dillon's photos, and Gary's rear end. Her attention span seems to be only as long as it takes for the next cute ass (male or female, makes no difference) to wander into her range of vision. Several times her brain has almost shorted out from the effort of pursuing so many different ways of getting her rocks off at the same time. Note that Zii is NOT with anyone currently. I strongly suspect that her rabid, hyperactive pansexuality (Zii: "Hmmm. This is a frying pan. Can I screw it?") has driven many a bf or gf away and kept Zii from establishing anything lasting.

Zii showed an unexpected amount of sensitvity in her talk with Gary, but she needs to develop that more if she's going to hook up with someone. Gary is so terribly desperate and hard up that it might not matter for him, but DiDi is a different story. Our Amazon is hurting, despite the fact that she's getting great sex whenever she wants it. Zii seems to be really falling for DiDi, but if she really wants to be the Amazon's samurai she'll have to look beyond the boobs and the beaver to know and love the lonely girl inside.

And DiDi? She has shown some unexpected traits recently (her liking for horror movies, for example), and she has to continue in that direction if she's going to become a more interesting character. I'd like to see her get really angry (she almost did with Zii) or really sad, upset, or otherwise out of control. She's a warm, giving person who likes to please others, but she's not hap-happy all the time, and the effort to be so has to be putting a strain on her.

And what is up with DiDi sexually? It is becoming harder and harder for me to believe that she doesn't understand that Zii is coming on to her ("Is this the female bonding"?). Surely DiDi must have heard of lesbianism at least, if not encountered it. Just what is DiDi's state of knowledge and her attitude towards the big L? This isn't a trivial question; I know a lesbian girl who said it was a very important issue, because very often she did NOT know if a certain girl she liked 'was' or 'wasn't'. Of course, guessing wrong can be embarassing to say the least, and it will be for Zii if she guesses wrong. So is DiDi bi too, bi-curious, or just such an open, sensuous girl that it truly makes no difference to her? What is going on? Giz and Dave really need to deal with this if they don't want the whole Zii-DiDi plotline to become utterly implausible.

And Gary...? His obliviousness is also becoming a little implausible. Doesn't he realize yet that Zii is his rival for DiDi's affections? He really needs to WAKE UP, take charge and do SOMETHING. It almost doesn't matter what; this strip has been going for 6 months now and he has yet to assert himself. He has a sense of humor about himself and some self knowledge, but that and "nice guyism" aren't enough if he wants to have a real love, or even just get laid. Women aren't dumb; they want something more, and Gary will have to start showing that awfully damned soon. He's overdue.

1. Zii x DiDi: Possible, but it all depends on whether or not DiDi will go with a girl. Even if the answer is yes, Zii currently seems far too scatterbrained for it to last very long.

2. DiDi x Gary: This seems very remote right now. Gary just hasn't registered with her at all. He'll have to get WITH IT, MAN. They're both nice, decent types, so it might work if it ever happens, but right now Gary is also stuck on DiDi as TEH SEXBOMB, so he might not even realize that she's more than that. He'll have to if he wants to land her.

3. Zii x Gary: This could be the ringer. As we know, these too have certain geek traits in common. They kind of get along as buddies now, and Zii has seen something of Gary's emotions too. She also likes his rear end. But I can't see Zii falling for someone who is as insecure and mopey as Gary is right now, and the problem of Zii's unreliability pertains as much here as in 1.

4. Or...Zii x DiDi x Gary? Pretty radical for an NC-17 strip, but I wonder if that isn't where we're headed. Zii would probably dig it, DiDi might go along to make everyone else happy, and Gary's head might explode at the mere idea.

Not Ned

Post by Not Ned »

I think Zii is job is possibly a musician. Maybe not a very successful one ut either way she seems ashamed that she doesnt have a "real" job.

As others mentioned earlier, its hinted that Zii has some insecurity issues (maybe that's why she makes her personality so out there to show her 'confidence')
Also its funny how open she is about her obvious blant attraction to Didi (removing her underwear) but towards Gary she seems to brush him off. Maybe she is alot less aggressive towards men when she knows she is compatible with.

Also at certain times it seems Zii is trying to keep Gary away from Didi. How to stole a bite of breakfast, how she contradicted him when asked if Gary needed up with his virginity. She also covers his eyes at the park scene. I think this shows she either being competitive or jealous

HEY new point. Maybe Zii attracted to Didi because it seems DiDi is everything Zii is not.

Gredinus

Post by Gredinus »

Suzi: Needs to be drawn and act more like in the begining (of this comic)... I miss the cute Zii =((

Desiree: Needs a bit more complexity to her personality, but I have a feeling that Giz is already working on that. :ymdevil:

Gary: Actualy needs to be a little more g33kier :-B (theres a diffrance betwean a nerd and a g33k).

Lita: needs a biger role in the comic.

Ok thats my 50 cent

P.S. Zii seems to have had such a big fetish on gay men that it took Naked Epic Boobs to convert her (take a look at the beginning)

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

I strongly suspect that Zii has a fetish for anything involving sex.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.