Now Watching....?

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Re: Now Watching....?

Post by Artemisia »

Well, I just watched the second episode of MLPFiM, nice Star Wars reference at the end.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Count de Money

Post by Count de Money »

^^^Just watched it, too.

Wow, where to start?

The different ponies' flipped personalities were funny, but did start to grate after a bit. I laughed so hard when Twilight jumped Applejack and Pinkie Pie. I never knew Twilight scrapped like that. For some reason, I also laughed when Rarity said, "I thought we were never going to speak of that."

Sooo, Rarity's a marshmallow, Scootaloo's a chicken or a dodo (depending upon who you talk to), Fluttershy's a tree, and now Spike's the new Rainbow Dash? Oh, I don't even want to know where those 'ships are sailing.

It was sad when Discord finally broke Twilight's spirit. To see her go all gray and her tears make the broken heart...

=)) at the rest of the girls' effort to catch Dashie.

To be honest, I thought the final battle would be a touch more epic. Also, I was sure the Cutie Mark Crusaders would be involved somehow.

OMG, the Star Wars ending! Princess Celestia=Princess Leia, Twilight=Luke Skywalker, Applejack=Han Solo, and Spike=R2D2. Like one of the comments said on the feed I watched, all that needed was for Pinkie Pie to let out a Chewbacca-like roar at the end. Heck, even the ED music sounded like John Williams' Star Wars score.
Overall, a pretty good second part.
Last edited by Count de Money on Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Tall and dark and really handsome ... the hunk from Oo-Oo-Nima's real dumb ... And when he strolls, each one he strolls by goes, 'BLEAAAAAAH!'"
-- Dot Warner

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

So, of course, guess what I also decided to watch...Star Wars.

I also learned that Star Wars: The Old Republic now has a release date of 20 December. :)
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Crud! It's up but no captions yet :( *waits!*
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

awww...I'm sorry to hear that Yira :( I wish I knew how to do that for you.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Finally found The Incredibles on BluRay. Was a great flick.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

yiraheerai wrote:Crud! It's up but no captions yet :( *waits!*

Stop waiting.

You should really subscribe to BeanyOne

http://www.youtube.com/user/BeanyOne#p/ ... 2lIOqcxsr8
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

Just watched Albert Bartlett's lecture and i'd recommend each of you to sit down and watch it too. Even if it seems boring at first glance it's quite interesting when you think about the facts he is talking about. :) :-B

The 7th video is my favourite.
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Rad: That's where I was. The video was up but the captioning wasn't ready yet. I have the Channel bookmarked.

Edit: Actually, it's STILL not ready.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

TellusEidolon

Post by TellusEidolon »

Yeah. I noticed the captioning wasn't working. :|
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Oh? I had watched it, but hadn't noticed that the captioning was not done... sorry.

Edit for change..

Looked at the link I had up, clicked on CC button. It's captioned. Are you viewing at 360 720 or 1080?
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

TellusEidolon

Post by TellusEidolon »

Edit: Nevermind. Works now. Apparently you need to click CC and then click on the 'transcribe sound'. It'll ask if you wish to use it and then you just click 'ok' button.

RoninAngel

Post by RoninAngel »

I really enjoyed the last MLP:FiM episode. Discord got what was coming to him and we finally saw what was required to corrupt Twilight Sparkle (losing all hope. :( ) The first episode was better though, contrasting the first season, where I thought part 2 of the show was more emotionally impacting and an all around stronger episode. It still was super awesome anyway though.
"LIFE is dangerous, Sandi! EMBRACE LIFE!"
Faith Abbot, to Sandi on Magic Chicks.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Waiting on a friend to finish up stuff so we can watch the ep together.

She held back from watching it when she found out the captioning wasn't working.

Edit: Okay. That was epic.

Poor Spike, though D: All those scrolls.

RoninAngel

Post by RoninAngel »

Yeah. That would be pretty gross. Reminds me of food poisoning. Poor kid.
"LIFE is dangerous, Sandi! EMBRACE LIFE!"
Faith Abbot, to Sandi on Magic Chicks.