Now Watching....?

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Re: Now Watching....?

Post by Artemisia »

It's more like he was had a horrible case of the burps. Constant, never ending burping.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Count de Money

Post by Count de Money »

That's Trollestia for you. j/k. I like Celestia, especially in the first episode of this season.
"Tall and dark and really handsome ... the hunk from Oo-Oo-Nima's real dumb ... And when he strolls, each one he strolls by goes, 'BLEAAAAAAH!'"
-- Dot Warner

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

I've been following Lauren Faust on DeviantArt and she has recently posted a bunch of early concept drawing from the initial proposal for FiM. Has some comment on names (Big Mac was orignally named Big Apple) and has some cute shots of Pinkie Pie as a pegasus, with Fluttershy being an 'earth pony'. The picture of Pinkie flying upside down, and the idea that this was one of her common traits, is very amusing.

Check it out at http://fyre-flye.deviantart.com

Oh, and check out her 'favorites' tab too. She seems to really enjoy a lot of the fan art out there, to include one of my favorites, "Friendship is Magic, Bitches" (for which I can't pull up an easy link for at this moment).
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

RoninAngel

Post by RoninAngel »

I love the red and blue Rarity! :ymblushing:
"LIFE is dangerous, Sandi! EMBRACE LIFE!"
Faith Abbot, to Sandi on Magic Chicks.

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

Watched the Terra Nova premier last night. I proclaim it, good enough. I was amused, equal parts "this is cool" and "this is bad enough to be fun to mock".

Of course going back in time and having to deal with dinosaurs isn't good enough, there has to be more...seriously, it doesn't matter if its dinosaurs, zombies, aliens, demons; it's the freaking other people that always ends up being the big problem. *sigh*

I must say, I am not impressed with Terra Nova (the outpost, not the show). Considering what's living outside the place, the defenses they have set up are really inadequate. And they seriously just let something the size of a Brachiosaurus just wonder up to the wall? I know it's a herbivore, but that thing was big enough to smash through the log wall they had set up by accident, let alone if something pisses it off.

I'm glad they addressed the alternate timeline issue, though I'm not sure I buy the "reasoning" behind them being certain about it.

While I can understand that the time rift thing means they have to deal with dinosaurs, why exactly did they not build Terra Nova where the rift lets out? Or at least build some kind of arrival outpost, a penned in paddock even. Instead they just let the new arrivals drop out in the middle of the jungle, then force them, while they are struggling to get used to the oxygen over rich air, to hike through thick jungle with just some assault rifle armed troops? After seeing the general lack of effect those weapons had on even the smaller predators, they're just asking for one of the new arrival groups to get ambushed and eaten.

And I'm not buying the daughter's nerd persona, she's not pulling it off at all.

But despite the bad (or maybe in addition to it), I did enjoy the show and hope it keeps up.
Holder of the Elder Scepter of Ebilnes, Elected Supreme Ruler
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus
Purveyor of Puggles

Post by Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus »

Artemisia wrote:So, of course, guess what I also decided to watch...Star Wars.

I also learned that Star Wars: The Old Republic now has a release date of 20 December. :)
My husband says he's been waiting for this game for 3 years, so he's definitely excited :)

OTOH, he went ahead and pre-ordered it, so now I don't know what to get him for our anniversary or Christmas :-??
R.I.P. Don Alexander/Dr. David "Alex" Alexander Kann, 2/15/77-3/10/23 :( I'll never forget you or all the good times we had.

"Look up. The stars are shining for you."

Owner and Manager of McLovecraft's; Zany Genius Inventor of Ichory Delights

<3 PRIDE IN THY PUGGLES! <3

me: I remember biting Teach in the ass...
DA: We remember the REALLY important things.

Became Mrs. SP on 10/16/10 <3 :D

Now with mini Puggles! (as in babies) I have two boys, ages 7 and 4 :)

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

awww :( I'm sorry to hear that last bit, but I just did my preorder. I hope I didn't screw it up, though. I can't wait, especially since they're going to add in some companions that I can romance who are lesbian after launch. I can't wait for that :) I may start out as a Jedi because they aren't suppose to romance anyway, then when they do that, move over to my Smuggler.

My friend Morgan has told me that things are getting toxic over on the WoW servers, so I'm ready for something new.

BTW, glad you're back. I was a bit worried.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Terra Nova... creator/writer Brannon Bragga. It will suck, just like he did to the Star Trek universe. But I'm willing to give it a shot.
I agree that there was too much written into the first 2 episodes. Just having them around the dinos , getting used to the place should have been enough, maybe a hint of the 6's. But nope, have to put in political intrigue, some "teens" who may or may not yet be 25, a missing son who is leaving crypto messages where the rebellious "teens" have set up a still... The writers seem to think we have the attention span of a cat.

In the meantime, watched Charlies Angels this morning (dvr is a wonderful thing) , and said "hmm, he looks familiar". Old Spice Guy is the flavour of the week :D
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus
Purveyor of Puggles

Post by Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus »

Artemisia wrote:awww :( I'm sorry to hear that last bit, but I just did my preorder. I hope I didn't screw it up, though. I can't wait, especially since they're going to add in some companions that I can romance who are lesbian after launch. I can't wait for that :) I may start out as a Jedi because they aren't suppose to romance anyway, then when they do that, move over to my Smuggler.

My friend Morgan has told me that things are getting toxic over on the WoW servers, so I'm ready for something new.

I've always thought it was neat when that happens in games (for example in The Sims, which I'm fond of) since, yknow, not everyone is straight and would be bored/frustrated/etc. at not having that option.

Aww, thanks :) I'm glad to be back too.
R.I.P. Don Alexander/Dr. David "Alex" Alexander Kann, 2/15/77-3/10/23 :( I'll never forget you or all the good times we had.

"Look up. The stars are shining for you."

Owner and Manager of McLovecraft's; Zany Genius Inventor of Ichory Delights

<3 PRIDE IN THY PUGGLES! <3

me: I remember biting Teach in the ass...
DA: We remember the REALLY important things.

Became Mrs. SP on 10/16/10 <3 :D

Now with mini Puggles! (as in babies) I have two boys, ages 7 and 4 :)

ChewbaccaStomper

Post by ChewbaccaStomper »

Breaking Bad. Holy shit. That's all I can say.
chewbaccastomper.tumblr.com <--- Check out my artwork!

It's been a long time since I've been around. Hopefully not too much has changed!

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

I've (finally) been watching The Pillars of the Earth today. My grandparents gave me the dvds last christmas but first got around to watch them today.

It is a really great show if you enjoy drama, action and politic intrigue. :)
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Something Awesome: An acquaintance of mine from high school got to play a restaurant manager on that show. She tried for In Plain Sight, too. Both were filmed in Albuquerque until someone decided to move Hollywood out of there. :-L I only caught glimpses of what was going on in the news. Never got the full story.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

So, did anyone watch the last episode of the Doctor last night?

If you think about "the question that may never be answered in plain sight" , and go back through this years entire season, you will notice that the running joke from the new series was avoided...

Spoilers Darlings:

Main Character: "I'm looking for a doctor: the doctor : my doctor"
One Off Character: "Doctor Who?"
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

SidewaysPlatypus wrote:
Artemisia wrote:awww :( I'm sorry to hear that last bit, but I just did my preorder. I hope I didn't screw it up, though. I can't wait, especially since they're going to add in some companions that I can romance who are lesbian after launch. I can't wait for that :) I may start out as a Jedi because they aren't suppose to romance anyway, then when they do that, move over to my Smuggler.

I've always thought it was neat when that happens in games (for example in The Sims, which I'm fond of) since, yknow, not everyone is straight and would be bored/frustrated/etc. at not having that option.

Aww, thanks :) I'm glad to be back too.
I'm just glad that they are putting it in :) So much time before the game launches though :(