The Silver Screen

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Re: The Silver Screen

Post by midgetshrimp »

Teacher2B wrote:I'm still waiting for the Gummi Bears film :D . And Fraggle Rock (they were going to make a film, but I don't know what happened :| )
Oh my god, Fraggle Rock makes so much awesome it's retarded (mixed my own saying with "I love you so much it's retarded" from Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. Good movie, watch it). Fraggle Rock... memories memories... :mrgreen:
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

DMoness

Post by DMoness »

I am not that much into blood and guts (except horror movies, but the slasher kind is not my favourite).
Well honestly i wouldn't complain about the oracle :twisted:

I never said it was a bad movie i just think it is overhyped and not worth all that kind of attention.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Speaking of overhyped... boy was Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull overhyped... finally got around to seeing it and it was just kind of meh... Have they run through so much of real archaelogical history that they have to link together such inprobably events into a movie?

Aren

Post by Aren »

Bear wrote:Speaking of overhyped... boy was Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull overhyped... finally got around to seeing it and it was just kind of meh... Have they run through so much of real archaelogical history that they have to link together such inprobably events into a movie?
Real archaelogical history is boring. They needed something sensational, of course, considering that it's likely that they're gonna be phasing Harrison Ford out and Shia LeBoeuf in.

*retch*

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

So the first three with their historical element were boring?

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Bear wrote:Speaking of overhyped... boy was Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull overhyped... finally got around to seeing it and it was just kind of meh... Have they run through so much of real archaelogical history that they have to link together such inprobably events into a movie?
It's only the viewers who hyped up that movie. George Lucas himself told people to not get too excited, it was just another movie.

Aren

Post by Aren »

Bear wrote:So the first three with their historical element were boring?
Half of what I say is sarcasm. Or not.

Arantor

Post by Arantor »

I'm sure I read in an interview several months beforehand that they had run out of MacGuffins large enough that people would recognise, so had to invent their own.

I kinda wish they'd done Indy 4 based on the 1992 computer game - Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis would have been awesome.

I still thoroughly enjoyed it though.

Arantor

Post by Arantor »

Sean was offered a part but refused it saying that he's enjoying being retired too much and also enjoys dabbling in local politics. (Then again, his last film wasn't exactly the greatest thing ever... The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - 2003)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

I heard that there was meant to be a second League movie in production, but then never heard anything of it since.

DMoness

Post by DMoness »

Bear wrote:I heard that there was meant to be a second League movie in production, but then never heard anything of it since.
As i saw how they kind of mutilated the original comic I can not say i am saddened by that fact.

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Anyone seen the Reduced Shakespeare Company? Yea, it's fun. :mrgreen:

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Bear wrote:I heard that there was meant to be a second League movie in production, but then never heard anything of it since.
I think originally they were intending on it being a bit more of a "franchise" (or at least, the studio hoped so). But from what I understand Sir Connery HATED the director. With a passion. Almost didn't complete the movie, hated him that much. It wasn't the tipping point (since Quartermain died in the movie), but I think it probably had a factor in it.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Well technically Quatermain didn't die as the Witch Doctor at the end was enacting the old deal of that so long as he was on African soil he couldn't die and was resurecting him... whch would have been the excuse for him in the second movie.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

All I can add is that I thought the movie was decent eye candy popcorn-nomming fun. Nothing special, but there has been worse.

It's probably an advantage in modern times to have not have read most of the novels/graphic novels/comics many of today's movies are based upon. Because almost always, you can't be anything but disappointed if you did.

There's a lot of books I wish would be made into movies, but realistically, they'd suck...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)