What music are you listening to...

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

That Guy

Re: What music are you listening to...

Post by That Guy »

Gotta love the classics. ;P

Also:

Rocket Queen ~ Guns N' Roses
Wish you were here ~ Pink Floyd
Caribbean Queen ~ Billy Ocean

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Last listened to last night:

Dimmu Borgir - Blessings upon the Throne of Tyranny (Live, The Invaluable Darkness DVD)

(I'm :evil: , I know :P )
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

MerchManDan
Nerd-At-Large (Mostly Harmless)

Post by MerchManDan »

"Where Have All The Good People Gone?" by Sam Roberts.

Oooooh, The Milky Way
Has gone a little sour....
Operator of The Penultimate Darkness Pit: Gift Store of the Cavey Cave of Elderly Elders
Exclusive and Singular Seller of The OmniFork!
Fen wrote:Because sometimes one cult is not enough.
Another helpful emoticon: Image Courtesy of yiraheerai

Arantor

Post by Arantor »

I know previously I had a ballad-esque song on, but this time I've reverted to my true musical leanings.

Aces High - Iron Maiden

(And believe me, this is a track to rock to - this is the opening track on the current world tour, and I got to see them in their only UK date this year at Twickenham!)

oni
BANNED

Post by oni »

Oni is listenging to...
Gyration - by Jay Skinner
(House & Trance is about 1: 17: 41 to finish)

Scaramouche

Post by Scaramouche »

Arantor wrote:I know previously I had a ballad-esque song on, but this time I've reverted to my true musical leanings.

Aces High - Iron Maiden

(And believe me, this is a track to rock to - this is the opening track on the current world tour, and I got to see them in their only UK date this year at Twickenham!)
I saw them in Melbourne recently. Excellent concert.
Moving on to new lurking grounds. Have fun, folks.

NobodySpecial

Post by NobodySpecial »

I just stripped out the audio from the new U2 Red Rocks DVD so I don't have to put up with the inferior album of the same name. What a show.
"I've always been mad. I know I've been mad like the most of us have. Sometimes I don't know if I'm mad even if I'm not mad." - Jerry Driscoll

"If love is the answer, you're home."

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Arantor wrote:I know previously I had a ballad-esque song on, but this time I've reverted to my true musical leanings.

Aces High - Iron Maiden

Rolling Diving turning Going in again!!

I saw them at Wacken Open Air 2008, A Night to Remember. Absolutely fantastic. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Last thing I listened to was one of the Men At Work cassettes. I'll be listening to Jack Johnson in a bit while I go to bed.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Quo Vadis - On The Shores Of Ithaqua (Live In... wait for it! Montréal!)

Utterly Rad Canadian Progressive Death Metal. It's like Satan's take on Jazz. :lol:

The solo doesn't just kill, it sterilizes worlds. :twisted: Second-best solo EVAR, IMHO.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wmr_evkO9k

If... you... dare...

(Apologies for the sound quality, Youtube compression suXX0rs!)

Solo live:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wmr_evkO9k

The guitarist due looks like my brother, if I had one. Not twin, but close. Eerie.
ImageImage

Lilianna
The Disappearing One

Post by Lilianna »

Spring Awakening, the US Tour Cast. To be specific, right now it's on Don't Do Sadness/Blue Wind.
ImageHEAD TECHNOLOGIST and GUARDIAN OF THE "THRONE".Image

CHIEF PROPHET OF CACAO, THE LORD AND GOD OF CHOCOLATIANITY

FSU Class of 2014!
Ailith wrote:Yes, it was intimate, it was passionate, it was sensual, and it ended with a few orgasms. So yeah, counts as sex to me.

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

I have my "shuffle" setting on the MP3's on my computer... but the last five songs I heard were these.

1. "Maps" by the Yeah Yeah Yeah's (To me this is the most passionate and intense song... ever!)
2. "Things Behind the Sun" by Nick Drake (His music is beautifully melancholy.)
3. "Sexual Healing" by Ben Harper, live (One of the few times I like the cover as much as the original.)
4. "Big Love" by Fleetwood Mac, live (From "The Dance" album - I didn't like this song before I heard it preformed like this, but this version is just kick ass.)
5. "PDA" by Interpol (Just cool mope rock, straight up and not watered down at all.)
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Dirty n Evil wrote:1. "Maps" by the Yeah Yeah Yeah's (To me this is the most passionate and intense song... ever!)
Well, gonna have to disagree with you here. I feel the song is just... so listless and dull. In essence... boring. I think one of the most convincing sounds comes from the Counting Crows. Adam Duritz just has one of those voices that just seems to pull the song right out of his being. Actually, I'm going to turn them on right... now.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

midgetshrimp wrote:
Dirty n Evil wrote:1. "Maps" by the Yeah Yeah Yeah's (To me this is the most passionate and intense song... ever!)
Well, gonna have to disagree with you here. I feel the song is just... so listless and dull. In essence... boring. I think one of the most convincing sounds comes from the Counting Crows. Adam Duritz just has one of those voices that just seems to pull the song right out of his being. Actually, I'm going to turn them on right... now.

:D I hate the Counting Crows. But y'know what? That's all right. As I like to say, "that's why they make vanilla and chocolate". We all have our own tastes.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

I've heard of neither band, so they must both suck. :twisted:

Kidding. Have fun with your vanilla and chocolate!! :lol:
ImageImage