Pets: Friends & Masters

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: Pets: Friends & Masters

Post by Don Alexander »

It's two different ones. :P Names see file names of the pictures.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

My word, someone cloned my aunt's cat Greebo.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

a lot like my own

talkative assholes.

that first fellow in your image is huge though.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

Found one of the feathers covered by the carpet. Its from a decor piece we have. Caramel yanked one out and at some point realized he was going to be in trouble if we found him with it.

In an act of moronic brilliance, he "buried it" with the carpet.... in plain view of the entire house.

the source
What he did
the damning evidence
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Y'all, time for some more kitten in your lives!!! :D

A wild visitor appears!!!
HouseKitten1.JPEG
HouseKitten1.JPEG (101.33 KiB) Viewed 12663 times
I make a good surface to be on.
HouseKitten2.JPEG
HouseKitten2.JPEG (140.08 KiB) Viewed 12663 times
Fuzzy kisses! :x :x :x
HouseKitten3.JPEG
HouseKitten3.JPEG (101.31 KiB) Viewed 12663 times
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

Good to see this handsome fellow. how often does he visit?
ImageImageImage

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Infiltration complete. Exxxcellent. /Montgomery Burns
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

It started yesterday afternoon.

He (pretty sure it's a he minus cojones) lives in the apartment directly under mine. He's very vocal and mewls all day, which is, to be honest, kinda annoying. But by now, I wonder how his owner treats him, because he was almost completely quiet (except for the purring) with me.

Anyway, we heard a loud "MEW!" while in the apartment, and my mom was all shocked and asked: "Is there a cat in your bedroom???" I laughed and countered: "Noooo! That's the cat that lives beneath me, it's very loud. Maybe it is outside." (My apartment building has a central atrium and balustrades going around to reach the apartments.)

We go outside and look and see nothing and then I turn to my bedroom window and there he is just climbing out the window!!! (Windows here have iron griddles in front of them so no one can get in, but the kitty fits through the holes.) Rarely have I been more amused at being wrong! I managed to grab him, we took a few pics, and I brought him back downstairs.

This morning, I woke up in the middle of the night, could not go back to sleep, worked some, finally went to bed at 7:00 o'clock... and hear loud mewling outside (it sounds really pitiful). I finally got up and looked and there he was. A bit scared at first and a short while later, I went back inside and he climbed into the window casing of my living room so I decided to let him in (first picture).

I got him up on my shoulder and after some scooting around, he became my pirate shoulder kitty!! (Other pics) After a while I put him out. Not easy, he seems somewhat scared of heights and unsure of jumping, so there I was in the open doorway with a cat on my back, claws dug in... Some mewling, then silence. Another while later, I went and opened my bedroom door, went back to the kitchen and turned around - and there he was again! Very curious, looked around everywhere, got into the waste bin and dragged out a chicken carcass from the night before and began to desperately gnaw it!! :D

So I decided to wait until my mom came. Settled down on the couch and played with the faroshus TIGER. He hardly sleeps at all but has two modes: Playbitebitebitescratch and settled down and purring like a fighter jet. He also likes to sit on my shoulder and rub his face against my checck, it's adorable. I'm not sure I've ever put my ear to a cat's chest while it was in full purring mode, it's an awesome deep rumble, even in this little guy.

Mom came, and we decided to give him some food. We have no cat food, obviously, so I chopped up some ham and cheese, and put out a jar lid full of water. He wolfed everything down and also drank another lidfull. Makes me a bit worried. :( He is lively enough, but he seems a bit scrawny, and his chest fur is slightly matted. Not sure he really knows how to groom himself. And I feel he is very lonesome, that's why he mewls all the time.

Tossing him out became impossible. He'd either turn heel and run right back in, or jump into the window casing and look at us like "How could you do this to me???" :O3 I did take him down once but no one was home. He followed me right back up, zoomed past me around the corner, I hear the elevator doors opening and suddenly there is this skitter of claws on stone and this terrified little yapdog, hardly larger than the kitten, skitters out! =)) =)) =)) Kitten was on the stairs, back all hunched.

Back here, he discovered a kind of styrofoam tube, bent like an L, from some packaging. Best plaything ever. Tore through the entire apartment chasing it.

Anyway, got him in the crook of my arm and petted him until he was nearly asleep and verrrrry relaxed, then I took him down. Owner still not there. :( But I dropped him off and he seemed chill about it. Was quiet very long, recently heard meowing again but likely from inside his apartment.
ImageImage

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Sounds like someone wants to be your new kitty. Wouldn't blame him if he's being left alone a lot.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Okay, either that kitty has been abandoned or there's something wrong with your neighbor. Have you talked to them at all about the cat? You may want to contact the authorities to do a welfare check or find out if someone's even there since it sounds like the cat is not being fed.

Oh, and side note...only feed ham to a cat in very, very limited amounts as it isn't healthy for them...that goes for all pork products.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

As I return from a very long absence, I feel as though I must share some very sad news.

Many of you over the years may recall me sharing pictures of my beloved pet, Saskia. As of August 8th she had turned 15... I realized that as I was 45 at the time, this meant that a full third of my life had been blessed with caring for her. She was content to sleep much and simply be "there" for me, and it was good. However, not long after her birthday Saskia began to show a steadily decreasing appetite. I took her to the vet, who expressed concerns that in her advanced years she had developed a number of health issues that were becoming more pressing. Though she was not eating and was sleeping more and more, I saw no evidence that she was in any pain or even discomfort. She still burst into purrs each and every time I reached out to pet her. The vet recommended a medicated diet to help with hyperthyroidism, and for several days she started to eat more and she seemed like she was getting better by steps. She was feeling better.

However, on Sunday September 9th, Saskia took a nap on her little piece of kitty furniture that she loved. I had to run a small errand to drive my Mom to the bank that took less than fifteen minutes. When I returned, Saskia had passed in her sleep. It was as peaceful and graceful an end to her life as I could have wished for her. My long time friend Paul (whom loved her as well) agreed to allowing me to bury Saskia on his property. She was wrapped up in one of the soft fleece blankets that she enjoyed resting on, along with three of her toys. One of the little mice toys that she enjoyed playing with that she savaged in her more energetic moods, her Catnip Mousie, and Gorjia Mousie. It's a nice place we found for her. On the upwards slope of a hill by a small hedge of bushes that had a butterfly on it when I went looking for where she should rest. It's nice and sunny and very grassy.

It's been several months, and I still miss her every single day. I'm bawling my eyes out as I write this. Saskia is the lockscreen of my iPhone and its background. She was my little girl, when I feel ready to care for another animal they will be regaled with stories of the dearest animal I could have ever dared wish to care for.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Farewell, Saskia. My condolences, DnE. :(
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

My aunt posted a video of her dog, "My Silly Sally Anne is so smart she cracks pistachio shells to get her nut. Crazy dog!!"

Me: But nuts are bad for them. [source]

Her: thanks for the info but she hasn’t died yet and I’m not going to quit giving them to her although I do only give her a few. She loves them.

Me: ಠ_ಠ

Guys, I think I found part of the reason why she and my uncle go through a lot of pets. I mean, they have done things like let their dogs drink Dr. Pepper in the past but geeze.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!

RIP, Saskia. %%-

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: to DnE.

Let us console ourselves that she lived a long and very happy life. :)

Also, great to see you back, man.
ImageImage

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Thank you, DA. As I've said... it's still been rough for me. I count myself very fortunate to have cared for an animal like her. My life was better because of her. Here are some pictures I took of her 15th birthday, where she got a new kitty toy (as was our tradition). I found a catnip toy that was shaped like the old 70's subversive figure Mr. Bill. I still have the toy sitting on my nightstand, that will be passed along to the next cat that I take in in memory of Saskia.

Also - I'm trying to share some pictures of Saskia here, but for whatever reason despite the pictures being 500 pixels wide, the site is complaining that "Your images may only be up to 1280 pixels wide." :ymtongue:
2zexead.jpg
2zexead.jpg (124.9 KiB) Viewed 9946 times
263hojs.jpg
263hojs.jpg (122.41 KiB) Viewed 9946 times
67870j.jpg
67870j.jpg (138.13 KiB) Viewed 9946 times
Pictures uploaded to forum. The DAMNed
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)