Anecdotes.

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Re: Anecdotes.

Post by Radbaron »

Most people drink coke at room temperature or colder. If coca~cola is burning your nose, you ain't doing it right ;)
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

Oh, I thought that if the coke burnt your nose, you were pretty much doing it exactly right....
The iceman cometh

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

The carbon going up your nose hurts, man. It's got a similar burn like stomach acid.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

OK, ow. Having had gall and hydrocloric acid that way, I can relate to that...
The iceman cometh

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Actually, it's carbonic acid. So no wonder. :P

I now wonder, though, what it's like to get pure carbon up your nose. Diamond sneeze FTW?
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Iceman

Post by Iceman »

Try sniffing graphite.
The iceman cometh

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Friend who's an EMT on Facebook wrote:Ambulance files:
Me: Why did you want an ambulance?
Patient: Because I'm horny?
Why does this not surprise me in the least?
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Iceman

Post by Iceman »

Somehow, I'm not surprised, either. I guess that comes from knowing EMTs.
The iceman cometh

Fen
Chaotic Neutral

Post by Fen »

Did I ever tell you guys about that dude that's running around in my hometown telling people I raped him?
One day I'm gonna lose the war.

Iceman

Post by Iceman »

No, I don't believe you did...
The iceman cometh

Fen
Chaotic Neutral

Post by Fen »

Right.
So back when I was 16 this guy. George, was hitting on me. Pretty obviously (I don't tend to notice when people hit on me, you see), for about a month. He wasn't much but since I had only started getting noticed by guys a few months before I was like "Awesome". One night, we made out, and he never mentioned it or hit on me again. I was like "meh, confusing, but okay=/". Keep in mind that the makeout was pretty light, not even second base.

Then at one point when I was 18 one of my schoolmates ran up to me. "Hey, do you know George?". After a few minutes of describing him I realized which George she was talking about. "Sure, I know him. Used to go to concerts together."
"He's my boyfriend. He says you raped him"
o.O "Wha?"
"Yeah. He said you just pulled him into Underworld's bathroom and raped his brains out"
I started laughing, then I realized she was serious. Explained what actually happened. Got a weird look. My mind was a blank because I thought it was so silly.

After a month or so I ran into him on the streets. Asked him WTF he was thinking, telling people that I raped him. "Well, you know, some people like to remember what they would have liked to happen". WHAT!?!?!?. Kindly asked him not to tell people I raped him anymore. Or to be a creepy fuck.

Fast-forward another year, when another acquaintance of mine comes up to me. "Hey, do you know George?". "...yeah?". "I'm going out with him and he said you raped him". *facepalm* "WHAT?"
"Yeah, he said you just pushed him down on Fabrica's floor at a concert and raped him then and there"

This was getting silly.
Ran into him on the streets again. Confronted him again. Just gave me a silly smirk. Kicked him in the balls.

Needless to say, both girls actually believe I raped the guy. Not sure whether to be insulted by the fact that they think I'm capable of such a thing, amused by the balls people think I have or a bit flattered that they think I have the self-esteem necessary to have sex on the floor in the middle of the moshpit. I wonder how many other girls he's told this story to over the years.
The best part? The second girl is actually telling extravagant stories of her own to people. I've had random strangers walk up to me and ask me if I'm that crazy lesbian who kept inviting her to orgies o.O.

GothPoet
Non-Entity

Post by GothPoet »

Man, and I thought I knew some crazy people! :-o
“It’s not an adventure if you don’t lose your shorts” - Hunter Gruntman (Klaus Besser)

No! That would be absurd! My whims are titanic in scope!

Iceman

Post by Iceman »

Hmmm.... I share a somewhat similar, and equally silly experience. Not in the way I were accused of having raped anyone, but someone began gossiping that a coworker of mine raped me... Sure, sex was had, but with the delighted consent of both... I could only think: who does such things? Being wrongly accused of rape is not that far down from being raped oneself (in my opinion).

Yup.. weird is everywhere. I hope you have gotten rid of that George character, Fen, if you know what I mean.
The iceman cometh

Fen
Chaotic Neutral

Post by Fen »

Well we were never really close. Aside from randomly meeting at concerts at stuff we never really talked or met or anything. And keep in mind that the last time I heard the rape-story was 4 years after the make-out. And I dread to think of how many other people he's told this silly story to =/.

I think it's because I used to be a bit famous back in the day. Maybe he thinks this will make him famous by association?

Iceman

Post by Iceman »

Well, in any case, that is an awful bad story to be telling.
The iceman cometh