Ask a question!

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Re: Ask a question!

Post by midgetshrimp »

Phoenix wrote:@everyone - Which sports do you/have you ever played, at what level, and at what age?
Hm, well...

Baseball: From T-ball up to my junior year in high school. Didn't play senior year because of knee injury.
Soccer: Played since Pee Wee (I think age 8) until senior year in high school. Suffered knee injury on last game of senior season.
Basketball: 7th or 8th grade, can't remember which. I suck at basketball. But we still won the district championship.
Bowling: Last three years of high school. I didn't get to participate much my senior year because of my knee.
Tennis: Joined spring semester my senior year. Didn't play any matches because of the knee, but I participated in practice.
Hockey: Never joined an organized team. I play pond hockey or street hockey with friends. Haven't been on skates since the year before my knee injury.
Football: Played in fifth grade. Hated every minute of it. Only sport I actually wanted to quit. My mother says I'd fake getting hurt just to not play. I don't remember it. I just remember them putting me in as a tackle, which was stupid, because I was tiny. I'm good at wide receiver when playing with friends.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Sports... I used to play rugby back in highschool until my knee got pretty screwed up, flattening our 6'4, ex body builder gym teacher... Luckily I broke 3 oh his ribs and a collar bone with that tackle, so it was worth it. We all hated him as he was such a meatheaded retard who wasn't interested in teaching anything like the proper skills.

Heine

Post by Heine »

Not professional or anything, just a game or two with my friends, we play basketball/baseball on the weekends, we used to play football until I had an accident and cracked two ribs :/

So for now the only sport I have is running in gym class and Soul Calibur 4 marathons.

oni
BANNED

Post by oni »

I played (still do at times) Basketball. Jogged stuff like that...

What is the thing that irritates you most?
(Am I doing it right?)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

oni wrote:What is the thing that irritates you most? [/color](Am I doing it right?)
You are.

I'd have to say... my mom. (Is that a confession?)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

oni wrote:What is the thing that irritates you most? [/color]
:-=

Human stupidity.

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

oni wrote:What is the thing that irritates you most? [/color]
Probably my own inability to really get anything done.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

Phoenix wrote:@everyone - Which sports do you/have you ever played, at what level, and at what age?
I once played football/soccer. And sucked.
Further affiant sayeth not.

stephaielikes

Post by stephaielikes »

Oni: Limescale in the kettle and illogical arguments. In that order.
Phoenix: Lax, bit of horse-riding, bit of shooting, and I run pretty fast, though I never did much with it. I'm not a sporty one.
'Did you just squeeze my butt?'
'You must not know fear. Fear is the butt-killer.'
'...was that... Doom?'

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

oni wrote:What is the thing that irritates you most?
Me.
Further affiant sayeth not.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Don Alexander wrote:Well, since I guess that "sports" does not totally imply physically strenous activity, but anything that implies organized competition...

I played Magic: The Gathering
Wait, wait, did you SERIOUSLY just call MTG a sport?! (Not to discredit it, because I used to love that game - and Yu-Gi-Oh! - but still)

What irritates me most are smokers. Especially smokers who think it's acceptable in the crush of pedestrian morning rush-hour to smoke in the crowd, meaning that they often burn your hands as you pass, spew smoke and toxins in your face as you draw near, and wipe ash over your jacket, all because they can't control their filthy urges (or flailing limbs), for five minutes until they get to the office/home!

I also despise when people don't flush, wash their hands and put both the toilet seat and lid down. Yes, I'm a tad OCD.

Scaramouche

Post by Scaramouche »

Phoenix wrote: What irritates me most are smokers. Especially smokers who think it's acceptable in the crush of pedestrian morning rush-hour to smoke in the crowd, meaning that they often burn your hands as you pass, spew smoke and toxins in your face as you draw near, and wipe ash over your jacket, all because they can't control their filthy urges (or flailing limbs), for five minutes until they get to the office/home!

I also despise when people don't flush, wash their hands.
Agreed.
Moving on to new lurking grounds. Have fun, folks.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Phoenix wrote:Wait, wait, did you SERIOUSLY just call MTG a sport?! (Not to discredit it, because I used to love that game - and Yu-Gi-Oh! - but still)
Well, I did put it in quotation marks... I just didn't want to feel totally inadequate. :(
Also, would you count chess as a sport?
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

stephaielikes

Post by stephaielikes »

Question for scaramouche...

Will you do the fandango?

(I'm so sorry, I completely couldn't resist)
'Did you just squeeze my butt?'
'You must not know fear. Fear is the butt-killer.'
'...was that... Doom?'

Scaramouche

Post by Scaramouche »

stephaielikes wrote:Question for scaramouche...

Will you do the fandango?

(I'm so sorry, I completely couldn't resist)
I would if I knew how. But I don't even know what it looks like.
Moving on to new lurking grounds. Have fun, folks.