The Art Thread.

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: The Art Thread.

Post by Don Alexander »

Bear wrote:Institute? :-\ *Backs slowly away from Don and reaches for the number of the men in white coats*
As in... scientific institute? Or maybe... research institute??

You haven't even got the word right. What you are thinking of is an institution. :P

But, otherwise, yeah, we have some crazy people at our institute... Even crazier than me. 8-}

Might actually be worth some anecdotes.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Dryope

Post by Dryope »

Don Alexander wrote: Nope. The top one is at our institute, the poppy was taken in the fields amid "the woods out back".

I have a bunch of other flower pictures, but these were the best. We even have real orchids in the area, also in our institute. Wild ones, I mean. I have a nice pic of the one I found...
A nice pic? You surely are not waiting for permission to post this, are you? I want more pretty flower pictures. *_*
ImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Dryope wrote:A nice pic? You surely are not waiting for permission to post this, are you? I want more pretty flower pictures. *_*
Yes, Ma'am.

This is, according to a semi-expert from our mechanics workshop, a real orchid. It grew in the lawn behind our main building. It's a species under protection. It seems the Tautenburg area is quite well known among orchid lovers in Germany.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

poisonrational

Post by poisonrational »

I'm not sure what to post in here that isn't comics. I suppose first things first are my characters from my webcomic, Primary:

And two sketches that I have for sale in my Etsy:

Hermione Granger:

Dr. Horrible:

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Wow those are very nice poisonrational. :D :ymapplause: I especially like the Hermione :x .
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Dryope

Post by Dryope »

o_o Hey! I read your webcomic! You draw such prettiness. *____* Teach me the secrets to your awesomeness.
ImageImage

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Hmm.. I may have to scoot over and go examine that comic at some time...

poisonrational

Post by poisonrational »

Azrael wrote:Wow those are very nice poisonrational. :D :ymapplause: I especially like the Hermione :x .
Thank you very much! :)
Dryope wrote:o_o Hey! I read your webcomic! You draw such prettiness. *____* Teach me the secrets to your awesomeness.
Hey, that's awesome! Sorry about the belated updates recently! There will be a new page going up in a few hours. :)
The secret to my mild-awesomeness is that I draw all the freakin time. I draw anywhere from 5-12 hours a day, depending what else I have on my to do list. I would recommend going through my Deviant Art, and you can see what a difference it's had on my art from last November to now. (Or, I mean, even compare the first few pages of Primary to the most recent -- drawing every day makes a huge difference.)
Bear wrote:Hmm.. I may have to scoot over and go examine that comic at some time...
Please do! :) It's kind of a quiet place; but everyone that does speak up is super nice. :)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Super nice? We can't have that... better go over and spread some Beary-doom when I've got time :ymdevil: Just kidding ;)

cyanide_sweet
Ebil Sithlady

Post by cyanide_sweet »

Farthingale: I LOVE your joker pictures!!!

Here's some of my stuff. The paintings are pictures I did in a series I never finished, based on the seven deadly sins. The sketch I drew for a friend who looks like Hugh Jackman, he was planning on getting it as a tattoo.

Since a lot of people ask, I paint by sketching a picture, scanning it, and painting it on the comp.

*pics removed*
Last edited by cyanide_sweet on Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

:D

With what must we bribe you to continue your work on the Se7en??? I offer myself as model for gluttony. ;)

And very nice work, of course!
ImageImage

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Envy captures the essence very well. Very well indeed.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Nice work there, defiantely need to do all of the seven. :D

cyanide_sweet
Ebil Sithlady

Post by cyanide_sweet »

Thanks guys! I'll probably get around to it eventually... I have pride done too, so only four more left.
Don Alexander wrote::D

With what must we bribe you to continue your work on the Se7en??? I offer myself as model for gluttony. ;)

And very nice work, of course!
Are you offering to model for me? /:)

=))

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

cyanide_sweet wrote:Are you offering to model for me? /:)

=))
Hell, I'll model for something artistic, but I'm not sure a webcam image is quite to your liking. That and the fact that the only place I can be online at the moment is in my mother's computer room. Stupid unemployment.
Further affiant sayeth not.