The Art Thread.

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Pneumonica

Re: The Art Thread.

Post by Pneumonica »

Don Alexander wrote:
Swayambhu wrote:I don't really draw. I can, sort of, but never seriously. I usually only do it when I'm really bored. Like when I did this comic: Inspired by a friend of mine I sat next to in class several years ago. So this thing's old as all hell.
ROFLMAO!!!!

That's actually pretty funny. I like the style. Very cute - and then OMG, THERE'S A KNIFE IN HIS HEAD!!!
It isn't quite K:-O, but it's hilarious nonetheless. (Should've been an axe. :)) )
Further affiant sayeth not.

Swayambhu
Booby Bunny

Post by Swayambhu »

Don Alexander wrote:
Swayambhu wrote:I don't really draw. I can, sort of, but never seriously. I usually only do it when I'm really bored. Like when I did this comic: Inspired by a friend of mine I sat next to in class several years ago. So this thing's old as all hell.
ROFLMAO!!!!

That's actually pretty funny. I like the style. Very cute - and then OMG, THERE'S A KNIFE IN HIS HEAD!!!
The girl's a character I created several, several, several years ago. A bit of a misanthropic bar-hopper, with mild homicidal tendencies that she's been working on correcting now for a while.

A friend of mine asked me if she'd ever been hit on by a stereotypical black guy. I told him I've never thought about having a stereotypical black guy hit on her before, and he asked me how I thought it would play out.

And I drew this for him.
ImageImage

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

I like it. Its funny and ebil :ymdevil:

oni
BANNED

Post by oni »

Pneumonica wrote:Yeah, oni. Keep the fanart in the fanart thread. (/sarcasm)
I lol'd ...Bear made me do it, blame him! Muhahhahaaa
Swayambhu wrote:I don't really draw.

I can, sort of, but never seriously.

I usually only do it when I'm really bored.

Like when I did this comic:

Inspired by a friend of mine I sat next to in class several years ago. So this thing's old as all hell.
I...LOVE...THIS! THNXZ FOR DA FUNNIEZ OLD OR NEW AS LONG AS IT CRACKS A SMILE! :x :-o @-) =p~ :x

EPIC hugglez :ymhug: (No homo)

Swayambhu
Booby Bunny

Post by Swayambhu »

<le hug~> :ymhug:

But yeah, other than silly little things like that, I usually just doodle.

I never finish anything. Ever. :( It's sad.

I think I've finished one thing ever.

And this definitely isn't it:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y208/S ... oseWIP.jpg

...Now this I guess you could consider finished, but it's not serious. I was just fiddling around with old characters, renewing their looks and touching up their backdrops.

Like I said. Not really an artist or anything. Although I wish I was, really. I'd love to do something like, design clothes on paper in better detail. But I suck at tiny details, my hands are too shaky. And I don't have the proper pencils.

Boo-hoo. Don't mind me, I'm just being whiny.
ImageImage

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

You're like me with writing. I never finish a written work. Not even for gaming. I have so many half-formed gaming materials, it's crazy.
Further affiant sayeth not.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Swayambhu wrote:Boo-hoo. Don't mind me, I'm just being whiny.
<le hug~> :ymhug: ???

I actually AM going to post something. It probably sucks big time, for all the reasons Sway just stated (shaky hands, problem with details etc.). But then, I also entered the cute contest.
Der Ring.gif
Der Ring.gif (27.42 KiB) Viewed 5976 times
It's a ring. I hope that much at least is recognizable. I did it for a self-penned adventure which mixes the atmosphere of the Mythos with the system I play. Yes, that's an Elder Sign. Or is meant to be...

Hm, Demoncat mentioned she does jewelry... :-?
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

oni
BANNED

Post by oni »

Swayambhu wrote:<le hug~> :ymhug:
[...] Like I said. Not really an artist or anything. Although I wish I was, really. I'd love to do something like, design clothes on paper in better detail. But I suck at tiny details, my hands are too shaky. And I don't have the proper pencils.

Boo-hoo. Don't mind me, I'm just being whiny.
No wouldn't go there, shows you know want you want. I know, personally share the same feelings on about becoming an artist professionally. But the college enrollment (U.S.A.) is crazy competitive, not the issue really, being able to keep up with the payments to accomplish 4-5 years worth of college is!
To deal with shaky hands, on a piece of paper draw circles for about 5 or 10 min. Will notice immediately you can draw smoothly like a pro!
;)

Pneu: I can't even begin to tell you how many scraps of half assed drawings,laying about in my apartment -- if you notice in my D.A. thread pictures drawn from last year compared to now, will noticed; Active more last year than this year. I'd like to read some of your unfinished works. :))

@Don: Wow, thought it was a wrestling belt. Keep it up, man --Hahaha!

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

No, I just told you to stop posting none fan-art art in the fan-art forum Oni /:)

And I like you drawing Sway, its cute :D

stephaielikes

Post by stephaielikes »

The naked chicks are going to be painted next time I'm away from home, and then I'll post them.
In the meantime, have some photos.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3050/297 ... d08ae2.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2236/274 ... 5588a3.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3045/274 ... 200bf1.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3047/274 ... ed18_m.jpg[/img]
That one really makes me laugh.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3212/274 ... 74283a.jpg

I don't profess to be a great photographer, so let's all just pretend the things we see in the world are art enough and sharing them with others is a form of artistic communication in itself.
:ympray:

Don; how do you do the wee scrolly thing on these forums? I'm bamboozled by the unfamiliar coding system!
Last edited by stephaielikes on Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Did you just squeeze my butt?'
'You must not know fear. Fear is the butt-killer.'
'...was that... Doom?'

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

*Checks rules* Hmm.. damn.. photographs do count as art...

Just kidding, Art Photos are very welcome too :D

And whatcha mean 'wee scrolly thing'?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

stephaielikes wrote:The naked chicks are going to be painted next time I'm away from home, and then I'll post them.
^:)^
stephaielikes wrote:In the meantime, have some photos.
Now, if photos are allowed... Then I have a million. I love taking pictures of clouds and sunsets etc.
stephaielikes wrote:I don't profess to be a great photographer, so let's all just pretend the things we see in the world are art enough and sharing them with others is a form of artistic communication in itself. :ympray:
I like them! :ymhug:
stephaielikes wrote:Don; how do you do the wee scrolly thing on these forums? I'm bamboozled by the unfamiliar coding system!
I added it as an attachment. You do links. If you write a reply, there's an "attachment" tab somewhere underneath the editor window. You can upload stuff there.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

stephaielikes

Post by stephaielikes »

Ah dandy! Give me a mo, then... or I may just change them all to urls... /busies self
'Did you just squeeze my butt?'
'You must not know fear. Fear is the butt-killer.'
'...was that... Doom?'

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Must find more of my art to post tomorrow...

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

I imagine i've posted these before

http://tengen-kouken.deviantart.com/art ... C-99199665

just the icon for myself. A lynx with my universe symbol inside it. The symbol is me, it means "the vessel of life" and yes iam aware how it looks and how its name doesnt help the matter.

i have a lot more interesting stuff, but my scanners broke and my parents ran off with my camera to India.

and yes i know ive posted about this before.

http://tengen-kouken.deviantart.com/gal ... om-Doodles

my random silly doodles. or atleast the ones i took a shot off before my parents took my camera >>
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?