Insults in Foreign Langauges 101

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Re: Insults in Foreign Langauges 101

Post by Tenjen »

man i wanna know how to saw THAT one!

hmm lets see some insults in my bastardized understanding of gutter hindi/urdu mixture.

Lowra - crotch.
Lowra ka baal - hair of the crotch

The above two are much more abusive in hindi

Chinaal - whore.

Chinaal ka betah - son of a whore.
You can also exchange betah for bhaap [father], ma [mother ofcourse], beti [daughter], maard [husband]. Kee and ka are the [respectively] the female and male derivatives for "of".

you can take those words for family members alone and put a chowd after it. Chowd. Not sure of the english word for chowd or how to explain it. The closest i can think of is "fucker". for motherfucker you say madhar-chowd or theres sister, bane-chowd.

or chuute. ma ki chuute is most common.

chuutia - which is used to call someone when they've done something wrong or disagreeable or stupid [its another abusive reference to calling somene a private part or the excretement from them i think]. highly abusive word.

ghandu/ghand - which is the cousin of calling someone an asshole.

the other shorter mainstream ones are references to one's lack of sexual potency.

I only remember a bare few insults. and i may have got the translations wrong.

theres some very colorful swears in pure hindi and urdu that ive heard. but for the lack of me, i cant recall them in their proper form. But its the equivalent of fens post above. one memorable one is a reference to conceiving your own sister by doing your fathers backside with a particular farming tool used for seeding thats much like a rake. Oh and another which asks you which rabied bitch shat you out.

Steph used to swear at me in a variety of different languages. Maybe i should have tried to remember a few. The largest comprising part of her...angry repetiore was german [and by largest comprising i mean someting like 25% and the 75% split between many other languages].

Fortunately we didnt get into too many non productive arguements. the sort that are just screaming matches and swearing competitions.

Most of the time i'd totally kick her ass in produtive arguements. most of the time anyway. Which pales in comparison to the fact she could kick my ass 100% of the time..in literal terms.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

stephaielikes

Post by stephaielikes »

I see your urdu/hindi and present you with hindu-ised punjabi... the moment I can remember it. It means 'I shat in your milk'.

Also http://www.curufea.com/hero/doku.php?id ... in_insults made studying Latin far more interesting. Ignorus! Stulti! Rustici!
'Did you just squeeze my butt?'
'You must not know fear. Fear is the butt-killer.'
'...was that... Doom?'

Fen
Chaotic Neutral

Post by Fen »

stephaielikes wrote:Latin far more interesting. Ignorus! Stulti! Rustici!
Linguam anglicam, Oedipe! Loqueter eam? (English motherfucker, do you speak it?)
One day I'm gonna lose the war.

stephaielikes

Post by stephaielikes »

:O You called me a man!
On a random note, 'Loqueter' and it's various verb forms is one of my favourite Latin words. It's used as an onomatopoeia by Horace in the classic wild ride of O Fons Bandusiae, where it refers to the noise of a bubbling stream. I really like that.
Anyway.
'Did you just squeeze my butt?'
'You must not know fear. Fear is the butt-killer.'
'...was that... Doom?'

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Knew this would get popular... :ymdevil: Hmm... may have to make a bear-english dictionary for fun now.

LadySheDevil
Tittycakes

Post by LadySheDevil »

*takes notes*

... I need a printer.

And that damn book...

Pronunciation keys for some of these might be nice to have too... Just sayin'. :)
Vanishing Elder of the Noms; She who Plays With Madness; One Among the Fence; Tittycake Mistress.

~* \m/ Music is Love. \:D/ *~ ~* :-B Gaming too! :-B *~

Winner: Wet T-Shirt Contest, Ladies Division June '10

Lilianna
The Disappearing One

Post by Lilianna »

Teacher2B wrote:
Lilianna wrote:I don't anything except for these. They're not really insults, though.

Spanish:
Maldito sea! - Dammit!
Besa me culo - Kiss my pussy
In fact, culo means "ass". So "kiss my ass" would be "besame el culo" o "besa mi culo" (depends on the country).
Really? Well damn. I was told wrong then. That came up in a "Talk Dirty in Foreign Languages 101" and I was told culo meant pussy.
ImageHEAD TECHNOLOGIST and GUARDIAN OF THE "THRONE".Image

CHIEF PROPHET OF CACAO, THE LORD AND GOD OF CHOCOLATIANITY

FSU Class of 2014!
Ailith wrote:Yes, it was intimate, it was passionate, it was sensual, and it ended with a few orgasms. So yeah, counts as sex to me.

Lilianna
The Disappearing One

Post by Lilianna »

Well, of course, but it's fun to trick lower level Spanish students into asking the teacher what it means.

FSU Class of 2014!
Ailith wrote:Yes, it was intimate, it was passionate, it was sensual, and it ended with a few orgasms. So yeah, counts as sex to me.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

Teacher2B wrote: "pussy" would be "concha", at least in my variation of Spanish. You can also say something similar that would be "Chupame la concha" (suck my pussy or something like that). Most of these things are very rude, in fact.
>:3

ah yes but the context is abusive.

are there any gentle or sexy versions of the same phrase?

lili, you're quite deliciously evil arent you?
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

cyanide_sweet
Ebil Sithlady

Post by cyanide_sweet »

Fen wrote:
Cand mă uit la faţa ta îmi aduc aminte de cea mai nespălată pulă pe care a supt-o mă-ta=Your face looks like the most unwashed cock your mom has ever sucked.
I am totally going to use that :))

Pfhreak

Post by Pfhreak »

Teacher2B wrote:This one is a bit regional.

concha=cunt. At least this is the word we use here and I think that also in Argentina (Phfreak may tell me if I'm right).
conchudo or conchuda (gender difference in words)= something similar to "asshole". This word in other countries has a different meaning, not so offensive.
La concha de tu madre/de tu hermana= "Your mother's cunt" or "Your sister's cunt".
Yes, concha is used here. The one homemade curse I've cooked up in Spanish was "la concha de tu media hermana, la puta que te parió".

Regarding joder/coger, IIRC Mexican spanish has chingar.

These are rioplatense (some are probably general, though), hence the use of vos instead of tu: ;)

Andá a la mierda — Go to Hell (literally "go to shit")
Andá a cagar — Go shit
Pelotudo — Asshole (literally a reference to balls)
Boludo — Moron (also a balls reference, not really an insult anymore)
"(Andá a) la puta que te parió" usually gets combined with intensifiers like "re", "mil/contra", and "-isima" to indicate degree of anger, up to "Andáte a la re putísima madre que te re mil parió"
Carajo — Used like "mierda", literally the crow's nest on a ship
Quilombo — Used as "mess/chaos", literally a whorehouse
The wall of separation between church and state is a good start, but let's put in a minefield, too.

Lilianna
The Disappearing One

Post by Lilianna »

I'm still looking for a gentler version of "piss in somebody's coffee" in English. To hell with being gentle in other languages!

And yes, I am quite evil. Hey, it was done to me, it's a tradition.

FSU Class of 2014!

Lilianna
The Disappearing One

Post by Lilianna »

You really don't need to, now that I think about it. Although I had to explain what I was saying when I got mad at somebody and said "Matare ella, a dios! Matare muyyyyy lenta".

FSU Class of 2014!

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Lilianna wrote:I'm still looking for a gentler version of "piss in somebody's coffee" in English. To hell with being gentle in other languages!

And yes, I am quite evil. Hey, it was done to me, it's a tradition.
Someone pissed in your coffee? What kind of tradition is that?
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Lilianna
The Disappearing One

Post by Lilianna »

No, the tradition is telling a lower-level Spanish student to ask their teacher what a curse word means.

And I just like saying "I'm going to piss in their coffee". A lot. So I need a gentler way to say it in case one of my many teachers who get mad when somebody says anything stronger that "oh darn" doesn't overhear and get mad.

FSU Class of 2014!