The Frankie Awards! Discussion.

Past glories of the forum.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: The Frankie Awards!

Post by Don Alexander »

This has now left me completely confuzzled. :-\

So, do the people who get nominated get the prizes of they win, or those whose nominations win, or what??
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

The people who did the nominating get the prizes based on how many of their nominations won. It brings randomness and a chance for everyone to win :p

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

So, just for an example...

Say, we take "K = Kilo-Post" as in "best fan-fic". Say a lot of people actually nominate ME, and then there are votes, and I win...

Then those who nominated me get the prizes and I get nothing???? :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

The Oscars work slightly differently, I think...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Nibler
Professional Lurker

Post by Nibler »

Would we nominate people, or posts/events/anything forum/MA3 related? the later makes more sense to me.
This is not the greatest signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

I'm too mean to give out 7 prizes... I thought everyone knew that by now? /:)

And we've pretty much decided its all Ma3/Forum based now... so people on the forum count.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

What Teach said.

Fen
Chaotic Neutral

Post by Fen »

Fluffy-for the must huggable forumite
Recondite-Forums is serious business. For the abstruse forumite.
Amazonian-for the best boobs on the female forumites
Numinous-God of the forum
Kvetch-for the most annoying forumite
Innocuous- for the friendliest forumite
Extemporaneous - for the randomest of forumites.
One day I'm gonna lose the war.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

Ow...nice
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

The Ebil Sith wish to point out that Ebilness is a done deal on this forum already. :P *points to ebil titles and burple colors*
ImageImage

cyanide_sweet
Ebil Sithlady

Post by cyanide_sweet »

Yes! No more ebil contests, we already know who's ebil here! :ymsmug:

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

Well...we know who doesn't want to share a title, or even perhaps lose it. :ymsmug:
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Well, you will hardly be working toward it. :P
ImageImage

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Okay.. probably not a good idea to have Ebil for E when we've already got an Ebilness contest and it'll just turn into another one seeing how people are thinking....

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Yes.. deliberate double post. :P

More details of contest and nominations happening soonish... E may stand for Exemplorary. :p

Alisonchan
Cuddle Piglet

Post by Alisonchan »

I can't wait!
"Class A Pet, Most Well Intentioned Fair Milkmaiden"
ImageImageImage