No Strip Today

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Spidrift

No Strip Today

Post by Spidrift »

No strip due to aviating artist. Is a gag sketch, though.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: No Strip Today

Post by Don Alexander »

No strip today. Strip tomorrow. Always strip tomorrow.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

?

Bloody Vikings

Post by Bloody Vikings »

Proud owner of one "Gotcha" point, courtesy of TBeholder and 1.35 Internets (after taxes) from Don Alexander.
Also one IOU for an internets from FragileMara.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Ah, Claudia Christian as Commander Susan Ivanova. She would be the only reason why I watched the show ;)
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

I've been watching the series again myself. I'm impressed by the comprehensive story the creators managed to conjure up in the five years the series was on the air.

I just wish they didn't try to stretch out the format with the movies and horrible spin-off series.

Bloody Vikings

Post by Bloody Vikings »

Four years. That last year was a little...uneven...
Proud owner of one "Gotcha" point, courtesy of TBeholder and 1.35 Internets (after taxes) from Don Alexander.
Also one IOU for an internets from FragileMara.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

The fourth year was a combination of the projected years 4 and 5. Both major plot points (Shadow war, Earth civil war) had to be combined into a single season due to the threat of the series being canceled. But when the series was renewed for one last year, they had to "fill 'er up."

To be honest, year 5 would have been better as a 13 episode season, and not 22. There was a lot of fluff that could have easily been taken out.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

there was also the loss of claudia christiansen, who signed on with another show when they thought they were getting canceled. and things that could have been wrapped up in season 5, but were held off as a lead in to crusade, which ended up getting screwed by the network even worse than B5 did.
Yet still, I live...

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

What have I done??? =)) =)) =))

*high-fives Bloody Vikings*
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

It's true that the loss of Claudia Christiansen after four years was regrettable. Knowing that her character was a latent telepath, it would have been interesting to see how that would have conflicted with the people involved in the Byron story arc.

The biggest loss however was the death of actor Andreas Katsulas in 2006 at the age of 59. I think it may have been the first time I've ever seen anyone act so convincingly despite being heavily covered in makeup and prosthetics. He brought life and a true sense of meaning to the character of G'Kar, something you rarely see in just about any science fiction genre.

Just noticed that a lot of people from the series are already dead. Andreas Katsulas, Michael O'hare, Jeff Conaway, Richard Biggs... :(