Post by Shouri »

rpr

Re: 13-12-13 That is improper

Post by rpr »

The expression of Ruby in the 4th...

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Yeah Dillon's the only one who's going to get anything out of this date....
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

Nice duckface you got going on there Ruby. :))

brasca

Post by brasca »

Don't you need puckered lips to have a duck face?

Maybe while they're alone they'll figure out Andy is just acting on bad advice and tensions will deescalate or Andy will make things worse for himself and possibly Dillon if he inadvertently reveals how he's always asking him to help teach him to swim.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

so now, the question is: why have our writers gone to this much trouble to get ruby alone at the table? and will she be gone when the guys get back?
Yet still, I live...

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Well, the comics is about Dillon. I suppose we'll leave Ruby and go to the washroom. Nothing interesting will happen to her while she's alone. Well, this is my guess, not that I'm happy with it.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

'J' wrote:so now, the question is: why have our writers gone to this much trouble to get ruby alone at the table? and will she be gone when the guys get back?
If she's smart she will be. She should run like the wind.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Jeez, Dillon - keep it in your pants. 8-|

This is why I wasn't a fan of Dillon trying to hook Ruby up with a guy; as it would be a guy that Dillon is attracted to himself, meaning he wouldn't be able to keep his distance and spend most of his time around said guy flirting/ogling him, with little regard to Ruby's opinion.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

(Hmm. Think I called the restaurant having spare shirts.)
Bambikles wrote:Well, the comics is about Dillon. I suppose we'll leave Ruby and go to the washroom. Nothing interesting will happen to her while she's alone. Well, this is my guess, not that I'm happy with it.
Agreed. She's the sort to be left on her own, eating breadsticks. Not that it'll kill her - she wasn't even sure that she wanted to be here in the first place - but she deserves better.

And for a naive heterosexual female, she's acquiring all too much insight into gay male psychology. Well, the Dillon version.

Actually, there's one small chance that the writers will be nice to her. If Dillon detains Jerzy in the washroom, and Andy escapes back to the table, she and him may actually get a chance to talk undisturbed. On the limited evidence so far, they get on fine so long as the gay mafia aren't getting in the way.
themacnut wrote:
'J' wrote:so now, the question is: why have our writers gone to this much trouble to get ruby alone at the table? and will she be gone when the guys get back?
If she's smart she will be. She should run like the wind.
But that would be impolite. Say what you like about her conventional, formal personality, but she carries it through; she'll avoid impoliteness even if it kills her.

Well, I hope the writers stick to that pattern, anyway. Ruby's integrity is the most likeable thing about her.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

I've had plenty of stuff spilled on me at restaurants, but never have I been to one that had a spare shirt for me when it happened.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

They're probably at a swankier restaurant where there's a dress code strongly enforced.

I just can't believe the guys were that thick skulled to think they could strip out of their shirts in front of everyone. :/ (thank goodness for the tactful waiter/waitress).

Speaking of - I kinda hope that Ruby strikes up a conversation with said waiter/waitress while the boys are occupied in the washroom.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Great attempt at torpedoing the date there, Ruby. :P

Also, Optimus Kate does not like this strip. (Seeing it was interrupted.)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Ah, Ruby, just go home, problem solved.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Optimus Kate

Post by Optimus Kate »

:-s :-L :((