Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Shouri

08-04-14 Threw quite the tantrum

Post by Shouri »

Spidrift

Re: 08-04-14 Threw quite the tantrum

Post by Spidrift »

Ah, it's nice to see Ruby having fun. The disguise is looking plausible on her here, too.

But what's with the imaginary arrow signs in the back lately? I'm guessing it's a manga thing, but we hadn't seen it in these comics before, had we?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

well, lets see how dillon rationalizes this...
Yet still, I live...

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

Oh I'm sure he'll find some way to rationalize it because he's Dillon.

And Ruby seems to having fun with this at the moment.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Ah, the cold sword of logic...

By the way, I looked up the pet shop chapter and noticed that both Dillon and Jacob kept referring to Angel as a guy. ("Mister" and "Mr. Emo"...)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

What's going on with the tags? Strips don't seem to have been tagged since #115.

TheEighth

Post by TheEighth »

Few things as satisfying as seeing someone get nailed by their own hypocrisy.

Now if it was made known to Gary that Dillon was trying his damndest to manipulate him into switching teams, that Dillon wasn't trying to help him but taking advantage of his trust and naive mindset to mold him into his boyfriend....

That would make my day.
I'd love to see Dillon try to explain that to Gary.
What's the big deal?~Misery from Ruby Gloom
Dakara Korosu/So I'll Kill You~Kei Munakata from Medaka Box
I Floop the Pig~ Finn from Adventure Time
Dangerously Cheesy!~ Chester Cheetah from Cheetos
What the Juice? ~Randy Cunningham from Randy Cunningham: Ninth Grade Ninja.
Groovy. ~ Ashley J. Williams from Evil Dead
Just let yourself go floppy.
For now this is your chance.
Pretend you have no bones
And do the Rubber Chicken Dance~ Cheese Sandwich from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I'm Appuhjack! Mowe appuh fwittuh?~ Baby Applejack from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
It's Taco Tuesday!~Sonata Dusk from Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks

Hogan

Post by Hogan »

Keep that disguise Ruby, it really brings the best out in you! :D

... punchliners that is ;)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Don Alexander wrote:By the way, I looked up the pet shop chapter and noticed that both Dillon and Jacob kept referring to Angel as a guy. ("Mister" and "Mr. Emo"...)
Yes - everybody does who doesn't know him well. Jerzy, however, doesn't.
Hogan wrote:Keep that disguise Ruby, it really brings the best out in you!
Yeah, this is the Ruby I hoped she was from early on. If she has to disguise her feminity to let herself cut loose like that, it's a price worth paying.

(I guess that the overcoat may relate to her fondness for Columbo. The deadpan may be inspired by the same source.)
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

crimzontearz

Post by crimzontearz »

Thank God

now let's hope that by the end of the night he has also no boyfriend and he can rationalize his loneliness all he wants....as long as he suffers more

Razmos

Post by Razmos »

Dillon looks really good dressed like that. It suits him.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Don Alexander wrote:Ah, the cold sword of logic...

By the way, I looked up the pet shop chapter and noticed that both Dillon and Jacob kept referring to Angel as a guy. ("Mister" and "Mr. Emo"...)
*Breaks into Sword of Damocles*...

And yeah, but I've known people to make that mistake before. There's an assumption that someone is a 'Mister' until proven otherwise in some cases.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

Maybe we'll find out Angel's gender if Angel has a wardrobe malfunction on stage and Yuki sees it. 8-}

brasca

Post by brasca »

Artemisia wrote:
Don Alexander wrote:Ah, the cold sword of logic...

*Breaks into Sword of Damocles*...

And yeah, but I've known people to make that mistake before. There's an assumption that someone is a 'Mister' until proven otherwise in some cases.
And it doesn't seem like Angel corrects anyone for the mistake. Maybe Angel likes the ambiguity. Since Angel wears a choker there is no way to see if there is an Adam's Apple to definitively tell so until it is revealed gender is anybody's guess.

It's refreshing to see the one dragged along on Dillon's hijinks isn't the one squirming and this really is deserved.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I'm sure that Angel loves the ambiguity. There's a lot of evidence of a twisted sense of humour there - frankly, enough to make Angel a slightly more likeable character than Dillon, in my opinion - and anyway, that level of ambiguity takes a certain amount of work to sustain. Also, the Zii flashback says that whatever Angel is, "bisexual" is part of it, which may lead to a certain amount of identity games play, I guess.
---------
Spidrift