2015-01-09 Kiss all your freckles 2

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Cortez

Re: 2015-01-09 Kiss all your freckles 2

Post by Cortez »

Again, that was because DiDi didn't have game. And that scene isn't much proof that DiDi and Sandra are straight now that DiDi hooked up with Kiley.

Cammi could do what DiDi couldn't.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

...I'm actually surprised this did the trick.

(Actually, I had thought she'd caught on when Cammi was trying to get her into the shower. But if that didn't do it, I'm surprised this did.)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Dr. Jamming wrote:Matt! Or... Kiley, evidently...
Matt, to be sure. Kiley isn't suave; being Kiley, she substitutes brains for suavity.
Cortez wrote:Again, that was because DiDi didn't have game. And that scene isn't much proof that DiDi and Sandra are straight now that DiDi hooked up with Kiley.
The fact that DiDi turned out to be more complicated doesn't disprove anything about Sandra. And I think the cast list in the latest Ma3 print volume has Sandra down as "Straight (Mostly)" -- though those notes are prone to changing over time.

I tend to read Sandra as fundamentally straight, if capable of doing anything once in moments of confused ditziness.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

lokisdottir

Post by lokisdottir »

Spidrift wrote:I tend to read Sandra as fundamentally straight, if capable of doing anything once in moments of confused ditziness.
Or, you know, raging drunkenness.

Her loss if she finds her place on the Kinsey scale unmoved. More Cammi for the rest of us! :ymhug: Seriously, imagining Cammi's voice in Panel 2 sent thrills down my spine. All the way down. :x

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

lokisdottir wrote:Or, you know, raging drunkenness.
Yeah, that too.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

lokisdottir wrote:
Spidrift wrote:I tend to read Sandra as fundamentally straight, if capable of doing anything once in moments of confused ditziness.
Or, you know, raging drunkenness.

Her loss if she finds her place on the Kinsey scale unmoved. More Cammi for the rest of us! :ymhug: Seriously, imagining Cammi's voice in Panel 2 sent thrills down my spine. All the way down. :x
Grey DeLisle or Venus Terzo? /:)
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Dragging her broken leg, face a grimace of pain, she crosses the finish line last... But she does cross it!

I now imagine Sandra has freckles in all the inappropriate places. ;)

Also, this:

http://www.sandraontherocks.com/strips- ... r_freckles
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

lokisdottir

Post by lokisdottir »

Osaru Sensei wrote:Grey DeLisle or Venus Terzo? /:)
Ooh, Grey like when Azula was coming on to Ty Lee? Me like. (You canNOT tell me that was just "practice!")

Qwertz

Post by Qwertz »

Huston, the Eag..the clue has landed! :))
I repeat, the landing was a success. We have touched down on barely known territory, though, so from now on anything could happen.

...One small step for ma.. Cammi, one giant leap for Sandra =))
Mordhaus wrote:The plot, like soup to which the starch of corn hath been added, doth thicken.
EvilSnack wrote:I think that the characters in this comic are as slim as they are because of the exercise they get from jumping to so many conclusions.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

lokisdottir wrote:Ooh, Grey like when Azula was coming on to Ty Lee? Me like. (You canNOT tell me that was just "practice!")
If you're referring to "The Beach" episode, you've got it backwards (and out of context): it was Ty Lee pretending to be a guy coming onto Azula. And, yes, practice is all it was. Azula couldn't get any of the guys interested in her, so Ty Lee was showing her how to flirt and respond to their pickup lines.

At no point does either of them express any interest in the other. Ty Lee only had eyes for Sokka, and Azula was dateless 'cuz she kept scaring the bejeezus out of the guys she was trying to hit on.

Waker

Post by Waker »

I like how casually Sandra can jump into a shower with a friend and then be totally surprised when it turns out that friend might have a thing for her. But then again, how often does something like that happen to her?...

Joking aside, I absolutely love everything about this strip. And I know Cammi is just adoring the sudden realization face Sandra has as much as we are.

LarsenSan

Post by LarsenSan »

Optimus Kate wrote:Image
Source please :x

lokisdottir

Post by lokisdottir »

Gotoh wrote:
lokisdottir wrote:Ooh, Grey like when Azula was coming on to Ty Lee? Me like. (You canNOT tell me that was just "practice!")
If you're referring to "The Beach" episode, you've got it backwards (and out of context): it was Ty Lee pretending to be a guy coming onto Azula. And, yes, practice is all it was. Azula couldn't get any of the guys interested in her, so Ty Lee was showing her how to flirt and respond to their pickup lines.
Yes, I know the context, which was why I referred to "practice." I admit I got it backwards, though. It's been a while since I saw the show and my inner shipper probably edited that scene in my mind.
At no point does either of them express any interest in the other. Ty Lee only had eyes for Sokka, and Azula was dateless 'cuz she kept scaring the bejeezus out of the guys she was trying to hit on.
I was JOKING, okay? Sheesh, I repent my deadly sins against canon, and for thinking there can ever be more than one interpretation for a show. (Though I have to laugh at the part where Ty Lee, who spent "The Beach" flirting with like two dozen guys, supposedly only has her eyes for one.) Now let's stick to SotR, shall we? I made one jokey reference in response to an actress name, that is not an invitation to turn this into an Avatar board.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

lokisdottir wrote:I was JOKING, okay? Sheesh, I repent my deadly sins against canon, and for thinking there can ever be more than one interpretation for a show.
I didn't mean anything by it either. At least, I didn't mean for it to come across that way. My bad.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

Folks, the other one had canon lesbians. That means it's time to stop reaching.