2014-09-23 Your heart belongs only to me

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Re: 2014-09-23 Your heart belongs only to me

Post by Artemisia »

*breaks out singing "I Would Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)"*
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Eisu wrote:(now waits for someone to post the original on the forum to point out my mistake ^o^)
Well, it would be rude to disappoint you :p
Attachments
sotr20140923.png
sotr20140923.png (116.34 KiB) Viewed 5426 times

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

about "about that"

I thought it was intentional, that Eloise said it, swallowed, than said about again
ImageImage

arthurnonimus

Post by arthurnonimus »

Zippy wrote:
Eisu wrote:(now waits for someone to post the original on the forum to point out my mistake ^o^)
Well, it would be rude to disappoint you :p

:))
Seriously!! ... wait, what are we talking about?

Severemile

Post by Severemile »

Wow that's really sad :( I wonder how many more people she's going to use.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Everyone she can?

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Spidrift wrote:One also wonders how she ended up with the Carmen Chamelia gig. I doubt that the faceless boss of Dark Matter Games is Nadine's daddy, but maybe there's a connection.
As soon as her casting couch strategy was revealed, I wondered if she had slept with Tristan. I'm currently rather on the "no" side. Somehow, I don't see Tristan doing this. He may have a strange sense of how to handle a legacy character, but he has ethics, as his interaction with has shown. Plus Eloise would probablt asked -and obtained- for the new Carmen Chamelia to look more like her.

Another point of interest is wonder if Eloise screwed-up vision to climb the stairs in modelling are inspired by some twisted understanding of the career of her idol Zoe. After all, Zoe did marry a rich and famous photographer and was probably his muse. Of course, given her strong personality, I'm perfectly sure that Zoe honestly earned every bit of her status through work, good sense and determination.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I doubt that Eloise has slept with Tristan. For one thing, he didn't exactly show much respect or liking for her when she damaged her wig at the show; he certainly didn't look infatuated.

But more importantly, I bet she's got a fairly well-tuned and very snobbish idea of who best to screw for advantage - and Tristan is, frankly, a geek. A bit of an ubergeek, sure, high on the technical side at DMG and with a bit of fame among games fans, but still a plump behind-the-scenes techie in many ways. Eloise would probably assume that he lacked the sort of decision-making power that she could exploit, and would sneer at the sight of him. (After all, from what we've seen, her conquests have generally been rather good-looking as well as powerful.) And she'd be right; remember, Tristan quivered and cringed when his boss called him.

Put it another way; there's an old Hollywood legend about a starlet who was so stupid that she slept with the writer. Eloise isn't that starlet, and Tristan is a glorified writer.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Spidrift wrote:I doubt that Eloise has slept with Tristan. For one thing, he didn't exactly show much respect or liking for her when she damaged her wig at the show; he certainly didn't look infatuated.
Ah yes, wanted to mention that, too, but ended up forgetting to put it.

Severemile

Post by Severemile »

Error of Logic wrote:Everyone she can?
You know I wouldn't be surprised :( Well, I wonder how bad the inevitable break-up will be? I also wonder if some of the people she's used will meet up and if they do, will they confront her?

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

That hasn't happened to Suzi or Matt yet, so I'm somewhat doubtful...

And when the breakup happens, I imagine it'll be very bad.
"How could I be so stupid?! I saw her do it to so - many - people! Why did I think I would be... different...? *heartbroken sobbing*"

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Error of Logic wrote:That hasn't happened to Suzi or Matt yet, so I'm somewhat doubtful...
It has, however, happened to DiDi, remember. And they promptly started drinking toasts to her.

Heck, it's possible that some of Eloise's past conquests won't be that bothered. They may just have got what they wanted in exchange for what they saw as a fair price, after all. Nadine, less so, to be sure.
Error of Logic wrote:And when the breakup happens, I imagine it'll be very bad.
"How could I be so stupid?! I saw her do it to so - many - people! Why did I think I would be... different...? *heartbroken sobbing*"
You may be underestimating the human capacity for self-delusion. Especially the Ma3-universe human capacity, which is often pretty damn epic.

Actually, if it gets covered in the comic at all after the current scene, this could end up being a somewhat darker version of the Zii-Sonya relationship. I'm sure that some people round here would start chanting "Karma!" if Nadine started stalking Eloise (and using daddy's resources for the purpose).
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

CFT

Post by CFT »

Error of Logic wrote:And when the breakup happens, I imagine it'll be very bad.
I'm not sure that this Paris-Hilton-expy would react to betrayal by quietly sobbing in the corner (or blaming herself). She'd either get over it very easily or go for the revenge route (probably BOTH, actually).
My name's Crazy. Craaazy For Tiff of course!!! :x ^:)^ \M/ B-)

THE CORRUPTOR IS UNCHAINED

Collarnorcrown

Post by Collarnorcrown »

Nadine would almost certainly go full metal revenge. Having dated and ditched a rich girl or two... oh gods. Move. Change your name, and build a bunker cause shit can get crazy.
"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Dorje Sylas

Post by Dorje Sylas »

We'll at least she's not letting the little things (like sexual preference) stand between her and what she values most #-o