09-02-12 Miss there

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Fluffy

Re: 09-02-12 Sonya was sexting

Post by Fluffy »

All that - that pretty much sums up what I was trying to say.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

FailTrain wrote:Hi I have idea.

How about look at teh boobies some more and forget being mad at other ppl. :)

Because boobies are nice.
I'm still laughing at the boobly eyes! That was pure genius! :))

SiliconDream

Post by SiliconDream »

Fluffy wrote:Um, because she's at work?
Sure, but I was talking about whether she was making the right moves to keep Gary interested. She is.
What she's doing could potentially get her fired. O.o
It could, but what do people get fired for in Ma3? Zii straddled a customer in front of her shop, then handcuffed his unconscious body to her ex and broke back into the shop through the roof. Junghan congratulated her.
And the nude modeling thing was over a month ago - when the sex contest was first planned. The sex contest itself was just the previous night.
Right, so Gary's spent over a month reacting positively to Sonya being sexually aggressive. She knows what he likes at this point. (Well, except strapons).
She is at work now, serving other customers, and is supposed to be in a professional mindset. Instead, she's going about some incredibly immoral behavior, playing mind/sex games when she should be working.
Again, sure, but that doesn't mean she's being rude to *Kiley.* Kiley isn't a random customer, she's sharing Sonya's semi-boyfriend and is apparently already familiar with their love life.
There's a time and a place for such thing - in the middle of work at a family friendly coffee shop?
I don't think family-friendly coffee shops actually exist in this universe. Previously, Allie issued announcements about Sonya's orientation and the arrival of her Lesbian Lover in an occupied restaurant, in front of their boss. She then proceeded to break stuff and pour coffee all over a customer's table because she was eavesdropping on Sonya and Zii. Meanwhile, Sonya attempted to beat a customer with her purse, then talked loudly about "eating pussy." Neither of them seems to have been disciplined for any of this.

In other Montreal restaurants, we've seen DiDi and Sandra talking about sexy showertime while on the job, to which the entire body of customers reacted by listening attentively and then overtipping them in appreciation. And when DiDi declared that she hadn't had an orgasm in Adrien's restaurant, all the male customers appeared to gawk at her.

Based on all this, going commando under a pirate costume might earn Sonya triple tips and an Employee of the Month award.
And even then, she doesn't even know who Kiley is - she just sees another girl with Gary and immediately assumes 'girlfriend/rival! Must reassert myself as priority one!'
Oh sure, it was dumb of her--although correct--to assume that Kiley's a girlfriend/rival.* But I was talking about her reasoning after she'd already made that assumption.

*Not that dumb, though. She's only seen Gary socializing with three other girls, all of whom she had reason to think were trying to bang him or had already done so.
Fluffy wrote:Correction - a whore is someone who will sleep around with anyone for money. A slut is someone who'll sleep around with anyone for free.
Sonya doesn't seem to fit either definition; we've seen her go after fewer people than Zii, DiDi or Gary.

SiliconDream

Post by SiliconDream »

loki wrote:If I were her employer she'd be getting a warning for her behaviour, at the least. Being attractive and being aware of that fact isn't an excuse for what she's doing. Which so far has included erotically displaying her breasts in public, at her workplace, and also removing her underwear in her place of work while serving food there.
I kind of assumed she was doffing her panties and taking the boob shots in the bathroom or employee changing room or something, then properly washing her hands afterwards.
And, apparently bending over in that outfit, without underwear on. At work. While sending lewd text messages to a customer on company time.
Yes, that would be a problem. Although we never actually saw (even via Gary's face) that she wasn't wearing underwear when she bent over, nor that her skirt was short enough so you could see something; she might have just been teasing him. But sexting is doubtless not something she should be doing during her shift.
And, she's not wearing the provided uniform.
That's a problem if the uniform is actually required, which we don't know yet. If it's a casual and non-chain place, wait staff may be permitted to wear their own clothes.
Even if you went on a three strike system, that's five strikes in less than an hour. Actually, the underwear thing would be against food and hygiene regulations, and would necessitate immediate dismissal.
I doubt it. Canada's Food Retail and Food Services Code, and the US FDA's Food Code, just say that food handlers have to wear "clean outer garments"; they don't say anything about underwear. Wait staff don't even have to wear hair nets, despite the fact that anything that ends up in the food is much more likely to come from their face/head than from their crotch.

Of course, it's different if the restaurant itself has a uniform code which implies that underwear's compulsory. Not all restaurants do, though. I've seen a food service employee complaining about a coworker who habitually wore a short skirt and no underwear; the manager couldn't do anything about it because the uniform code didn't cover underwear.

From a practical hygiene POV, it shouldn't be a problem provided she's not sitting on the counter or doing squats over the sandwiches or something.
Last edited by SiliconDream on Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

You know, I read that last part, thought of 'extra special sauce' and just couldn't stop laughing. =))
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Since I don't have a smartphone (and the 50-100$ month bill to go with it) can you actually take a picture and write the text over it, even position it, as Sonya is doing?

If not, Giz/Dave/T better patent this idea before Microsoft/Apple do :)
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

SiliconDream wrote:In other Montreal restaurants, we've seen DiDi and Sandra talking about sexy showertime while on the job, to which the entire body of customers reacted by listening attentively and then overtipping them in appreciation. And when DiDi declared that she hadn't had an orgasm in Adrien's restaurant, all the male customers appeared to gawk at her.

Based on all this, going commando under a pirate costume might earn Sonya triple tips and an Employee of the Month award.
It probably depends on the "fullness" of the "forest".

Oh yeah. Mà3 Universe. The forests have all been clear-cut. ;)

Mordhaus

Post by Mordhaus »

Now that I think about it, Yuki should show up about now in a Ninja costume.

Then we can have Pirates vs Ninjas!
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite comic on the Internet.

Eris Lobo

Post by Eris Lobo »

FYI, I generally agree with everything Fluffy and loki have been saying. But then, I have been labeled as a conservative prude in the past about some issues, so my being associated with them may not do them any favors.

(And for clarification, in real life my attitudes about sexuality run both extremes, to the point where I've had guys turn me down for dates after finding out I'm too conservative and "vanilla" for their tastes, and others turned me down after finding out I'm too liberal and "slutty" for their tastes. My morals don't fit into anybody's mold, no matter how you try to squeeze them in. *grins*)
Rowlf!!!

SilentChaos87

Post by SilentChaos87 »

Dammit, Kiley! Get your claws out, girl! The boob jokes can only affect you in a believable manner for so long! D:
Tropemaster General
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward, Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition.
As a gamer I acknowledge and respect those who play for fun. So long as they acknowledge and respect that I also play to win.

Kol Drake

Post by Kol Drake »

mmmmm "slutty vanilla" -- this month's top choice! :D

Cornwind Evil

Post by Cornwind Evil »

I think the best word for what Sonya's doing is 'inappropriate'. All of her actions, both work related and Killey-is-a-rival related are incredibly inappropriate. It works far better than 'sluttish', because that carries the unfortunate implications that she's bad for doing anything sexual at all.

Eris Lobo

Post by Eris Lobo »

There's a term I often heard used when I was involved in the BDSM community -- "vanilla violation."

A lot of people don't approve of BDSM. Fine, no problem, as long as they don't prevent those who do enjoy BDSM to do it in the privacy of their own homes (or dungeons or whatever).

But let's say you absolutely hated rap (or country) music. Would you want your neighbor blaring it out their window into your bedroom while you were trying to sleep? Actually, would you want your neighbor blaring it into any part of your house where you could hear it at any time of the day? No, you wouldn't -- you'd want your neighbor to close the window or turn it down or wear headphones or something.

Same with BDSM. Some people have no desire to see it or know it exists. So would it be appropriate for some guy to lead his half-dressed female "slaves" by chains connected to their collars and take them through the local Wal-Mart while he shops, openly commanding them to obey his every order and having them kneel repeatedly during their visit?

Nope, it wouldn't be appropriate. That would be called "vanilla violation." And even though Sonya may be acting according to her own sexual morals by what she's doing to Gary and Kiley, she's violating their rights (and the rights of other customers) to be able to enjoy having a meal at a public establishment in the knowledge that they won't be visually or verbally accosted by things that don't fit their own desires or morals.

By the way, what I said about the guy with the slaves at Wal-Mart? It really happened here in Denver a few years back. The guy was notorious in the community. I actually know him and his slaves personally, but that's another story ... ;)
Rowlf!!!

SiliconDream

Post by SiliconDream »

Oh, and:
loki wrote:I'm ridiculously liberal when it comes to both my behaviour and what I expect of others, but I wouldn't really appreciate Sonya doing what she is doing unless I was actually at one of those restaurants where it was to be expected. That's if I were a customer.
Nothing wrong with that attitude, certainly. For my part, I'm pretty conservative in my own behaviour, but as a customer I'd have no problem with Sonya doing what she's doing, unless a) she was obviously doing it at me, a total stranger, or b) it was getting in the way of my service. Long as a waitperson takes my order accurately and brings my food on time, they can flirt with whoever else they want, and their underwear or lack thereof isn't my problem.

I'm pretty sure I've had food served to me by obviously underwearless people before, actually. I go to a lot of farmer's markets staffed by granola kids.

Thor

Post by Thor »

Cornwind Evil wrote:I think the best word for what Sonya's doing is 'inappropriate'. All of her actions, both work related and Killey-is-a-rival related are incredibly inappropriate. It works far better than 'sluttish', because that carries the unfortunate implications that she's bad for doing anything sexual at all.
Ding! We have a winner! :ymparty:
PLEASE NOTE: I have sig display off in my preferences, so please don't assume that I can read yours. Thank you.