09-02-12 Miss there

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

SiliconDream

Re: 09-02-12 Sonya was sexting

Post by SiliconDream »

Eris Lobo wrote:Nope, it wouldn't be appropriate. That would be called "vanilla violation." And even though Sonya may be acting according to her own sexual morals by what she's doing to Gary and Kiley, she's violating their rights (and the rights of other customers) to be able to enjoy having a meal at a public establishment in the knowledge that they won't be visually or verbally accosted by things that don't fit their own desires or morals.
Which things, though? Most people aren't offended by pirate costumes, she hasn't audibly said anything inappropriate, and I'm assuming she didn't stand in the middle of the restaurant with her boobs out while she took pictures. From the POV of any other customer, she just batted her eyes at Gary a couple of times and later said something about bending over. I don't think anyone else could see her from that angle, it was just Gary and the wall. This stuff is risky, but I don't think it's in "Haha, behold my kinks, normals!" territory.

As for Gary's desires and morals, Gary's her sometime partner, and in Sonya's mind he's a sexual warlord who's shown up explicitly to flaunt a willing Kiley at her. I think Sonya believes this is just the public phase of the sex contest. This belief is stupid, but if it were true, Gary and Kiley have no vanilla to violate.

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Kol Drake wrote:mmmmm "slutty vanilla" -- this month's top choice! :D

Annnnd Now you just gave the pervs over at Ben & Jerry's another name for a stupid ice cream flavor. Probably with macadamia nuts and caramel swirls in it...
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

It's been a couple hours since anyone has posted anything, soooo...

Anyone like odd flavors of yogurt? I'm partial to vanilla, french vanilla :ymparty: , plain, Cappuccino, plain coffee (Dannon is best) :x , also a big fan of key lime, and lemon as I think citrus goes best with the natural tartness of a good yogurt... :ymdevil: Just trying to fill in space here until someone posts something pertinent to the thread. BTW what kind of boning do you think Sonya has in that corset? Plastic, wood or steel? I don't think you can still get baleen for real whalebone boning in a corset legally. I Like Pie! Random brain farts as the pot of coffee I had for breakfast starts wearing off...
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.

SiliconDream

Post by SiliconDream »

I'm down with basil, beets, corn, chili and beer used in ice cream, so I'd probably like it in yogurt too. Doesn't seem like most yogurt makers are as inventive as ice cream folks, though.

If we count the Mysterious Orient, mint salted lassis are yummy.

RickSmith

Post by RickSmith »

loki wrote:I'm ridiculously liberal when it comes to both my behaviour and what I expect of others, but I wouldn't really appreciate Sonya doing what she is doing ...
Even if you went on a three strike system, that's five strikes in less than an hour. Actually, the underwear thing would be against food and hygiene regulations, and would necessitate immediate dismissal.
Hi all,
When I talk about moral behavior I tend to ask, who is harmed? Where as ethics has more to do with social norms.

From my point of view, calling Sonya immoral is a bit strong. (If not for Loki pointing out health regulations she might get a pass from me.) However, her ethics are way off base. However, I am much quicker to forgive an ethical lapse than a moral one. Does Sonya act this way all the time, or is this a once a year or once a decade transgression? As for people who would claim that this is a family cafe, and the children might 'gasp' see some booby or some ass, I can't get that worked up about it. I am far less concerned about some T&A than the hundreds or thousands of murders shown on TV for 'entertainment' or the participatory casual murder of most video games. (I work in the game industry and could go on about the latter point for some time.)

Finally, in love and war is the time when you MOST need moral behavior, because that is when it really counts. When you find an enemy who maintains their morals during love or war, treasure them. Many people do you know. (Tho I wouldn't say this is a majority by any means.)

Warm regards, Rick

Warm regards, Rick.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

SiliconDream wrote:I don't think family-friendly coffee shops actually exist in this universe. Previously, Allie issued announcements about Sonya's orientation and the arrival of her Lesbian Lover in an occupied restaurant, in front of their boss. She then proceeded to break stuff and pour coffee all over a customer's table because she was eavesdropping on Sonya and Zii. Meanwhile, Sonya attempted to beat a customer with her purse, then talked loudly about "eating pussy." Neither of them seems to have been disciplined for any of this.

In other Montreal restaurants, we've seen DiDi and Sandra talking about sexy showertime while on the job, to which the entire body of customers reacted by listening attentively and then overtipping them in appreciation. And when DiDi declared that she hadn't had an orgasm in Adrien's restaurant, all the male customers appeared to gawk at her.
*Applause*.

Y'know, if Ma3 was a fairly straight-faced work of fiction, talking about female characters (who weren't actually professional sex workers) as "sluts" or "whores" would merely be crass and misogynistic. Using those sorts of terms about characters in a lightweight sex comedy where most of the characters are wildly promiscuous and about 30% of the humour seems to revolve around highly public displays of sexuality is just ... well, "weird" is the nicest word I can find for it.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Aquila89

Post by Aquila89 »

SiliconDream wrote: As for Gary's desires and morals, Gary's her sometime partner, and in Sonya's mind he's a sexual warlord who's shown up explicitly to flaunt a willing Kiley at her. I think Sonya believes this is just the public phase of the sex contest. This belief is stupid, but if it were true, Gary and Kiley have no vanilla to violate.
But how would Sonya know that Kiley is willing? It would be entirely possible that Gary brought Kiley to the coffee shop to provoke Sonya without telling her that.

The weird thing is that Sonya's view that Gary is some sort of a sex god is not entirely mistaken. If she knew that he's actually inexperienced, but has a magical oral sex technique that can give multiple orgasms to any woman, I think she'd still go after him.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

What Sonya might or might not believe about what Kiley might or might not know is getting deep into hypotheticals about a character who isn't any sort of deep thinker in the first place. So far as she's concerned, she's playing flirtation games with a willing opponent. If said opponent got unknowing bystanders involved and hurt, that would really be the opponent's fault. But anyway, it would also be a bit darker than things tend to go in Ma3, so Sonya-the-imaginary-being-in-the-Ma3-world just isn't likely to think that way.

And yes, Sonya might well still go after Gary if she knew the full truth now. What Sonya wants is good, satisfying sex with a partner whose company she can enjoy out of bed. Zii's dingbat efforts to mislead her by omission about Gary's experience level were idiotic because she'd have been disappointed when she discovered the truth - but now, she seems to find Gary enough fun that she might be willing to work round the weirdness of the situation, with the swirly-go-round as more than compensation.

I could imagine a perfectly coherent future plotline where Kiley backs off Gary because the situation is too complicated, Yuki backs off Gary because she needs to get her head straighter and decides in a moment of lucid clarity that he deserves a chance to breathe, Didi backs off Gary because she recovers from her breakdown, and Sonya discover the truth, goes ballistic at Zii for a few panels, then says "What the heck, teaching someone might be fun" (and probably shows up in a sexy teacher costume, being Sonya). Then she and Gary could go off for a while as he gets the hang of the mechanics of sex and the strip focuses on other characters for a bit. (If you want to care about the characters as people, those two both deserve that much of a break, if you ask me.) Then Gary could come back with fewer worries about how the plumbing works but still as socially hopeless with women as ever, and probably walk back into the Yuki-Kiley melodrama.

But I'm not writing this strip, and there are a dozen other ways it could go, so whatevers.

(I do want to see Sonya in that teacher costume, though.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

Opus the Poet wrote:

Annnnd Now you just gave the pervs over at Ben & Jerry's another name for a stupid ice cream flavor. Probably with macadamia nuts and caramel swirls in it...
Nope. "Slutty Vanilla" should have swirls of something pink in it.
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

SiliconDream

Post by SiliconDream »

Aquila89 wrote:But how would Sonya know that Kiley is willing? It would be entirely possible that Gary brought Kiley to the coffee shop to provoke Sonya without telling her that.
It's possible, but a) Kiley just recognized Sonya on sight and declared that Gary had told her "alllll about you!" and b) in Sonya's experience, Gary's totally open about his promiscuous ways. Not just the sex contest; when she first met him, he apparently had two girlfriends walking out of his apartment simultaneously.

Even if Sonya didn't notice Kiley outright saying that she's been spying on them--which she didn't, cuz she's Sonya--it would make sense for her to assume that Kiley knows the score.
If she knew that he's actually inexperienced, but has a magical oral sex technique that can give multiple orgasms to any woman, I think she'd still go after him.
I agree. I do think she likes the thrill of bagging Mr. Hypothetical Ultra Pimp as much as she's hoping for great orgasms...but since Gary actually is building a cadre of admirers at this point, he can probably satisfy her on both accounts. And she's expressed plenty of interest in him on other levels. I think she'd date him quite happily.

I just don't think they're meant to be (even in the short-term) because Gary doesn't show much interest in her, aside from "GUH BOOBS" whenever she's right in front of him being as sextastic as possible.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Raamyah wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:
Nope. "Slutty Vanilla" should have swirls of something pink in it.
Gary's tongue?

8-}

Quote tree compressed. The DAMNed
ImageImage

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Narnie wrote:
Error of Logic wrote:
Don Alexander wrote:Look like the speculations on EoL's boob measurements start here! :D
õ_o Really, now? Just what kind of body type are you picturing me with, then?
You said 40DD... so breaking out the US Barbie Standards (R)(TM), that'd be 40DD, 29, 37. I'd also expect you to be 6 foot 2 inch and 135lbs and probably a red head.
Nnnoooo... Again, that was Eris Lobo who said that, not me. You seem to have skipped over a large part of the conversation.

By the way, why have two people now equated 'impressive chest' with 'redhead'? Is that supposed to be an Irish thing...?

Kiggy

Post by Kiggy »

Mordhaus wrote:Now that I think about it, Yuki should show up about now in a Ninja costume.

Then we can have Pirates vs Ninjas!
^this^ :-bd
A Jersey Devil, a Mothman, and a Chupacabra walk into a bar. . .

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I'm sorry, EoL, you are now a redhead with impressive 40DD boobs. :|

The Internet has decreed it. The Internet is never wrong.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)