Luna Questions? Ask Them Here!

Luna may be the perfect secret agent, but can she survive her toughest challenge yet--fitting in at high school?

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Nunzio DeFilippis

Post by Nunzio DeFilippis »

Rebochan wrote:Is there a defined ending for Luna? Some of the answers in this thread have made me curious about the length of the series, and since it's such a great series, I wanted to know if I should be settling in for a super long haul or not.
Luna was originally planned to run for 12 volumes, possibly 14 - with 4 per school year (and possibly one per summer),and Luna starting school as a sophomore and ending with her graduation.

But OEL manga has certain realities to it. The market is small and sales decline from volume to volume. So the reality is that a series needs to be shorter in length in order to keep it successful.

With that in mind, Christina and I reworked the Luna game plan. We had planned the 12-14 volumes to be all about the Count and his plan and span Luna's entire high school career.

Instead, we now want to wrap Luna when her sophomore year is done. Then, if the demand is there, we can talk to Seven Seas about launching a second series for her junior year, with a new plot (and maybe a new bad guy). And once that year is done, we'd talk about one more to wrap her senior year and high school.

So the new game plan is for the series to take us to the end of Luna's school year - we expect that to take us through Volume 5.

After that, Christina and I are very eager to keep Luna going. We're hoping Shiei would be as eager. As for Jason and Seven Seas, Jason has been very enthusiastic about keeping the Luna franchise alive. And the Scholastic deal definitely changes the equation. If they order the later volumes the way they ordered Volume 1, then Seven Seas is far more likely to want to sustain the series as long as possible.

Now as to whether we've plotted how this first series ends... the short answer is yes.

Nunzio DeFilippis

kakashi wrote:I thought that that Luna serries only have five, guess i was wrong.
Um... that's what I said. This series has five volumes. But Luna's story may continue in another series, depending on what the market/audience says.

Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

kakashi wrote:Anyone in here know how many people did Luna got her DNA from?
Adolf Hitler
Alexander the Great
Amon-Toth
Attila the Hun
Cyrus the Great
Erik the Red
Erik the Batterer
Francisco Franco
Genghis Khan
George S. Patton
Geronimo
Grigori Rasputin
Hannibal
Henry V of England
Ivan the Terrible
Julius Caesar
Karl Marx
Mao Zedong
Moctezuma II
Napoleon Bonaparte
Nebuchadnezzar
Ripcord
Sennacherib
Simon Bolivar
Sgt. Slaughter
Solomon
Storm Shadow
Sun Tzu
King Takasha
Vlad Tepes Dracula

That's thirty.

Nunzio DeFilippis

kakashi wrote:Anyone in here know how many people did Luna got her DNA from?
A question that will be answered (though possibly not with a specific list) in the future. We may answer it in Volume 5, or we may only partially answer it and leave the rest for any (hopefully) future series.

As for this list:
Lord Styphon wrote: Adolf Hitler
Alexander the Great
Amon-Toth
Attila the Hun
Cyrus the Great
Erik the Red
Erik the Batterer
Francisco Franco
Genghis Khan
George S. Patton
Geronimo
Grigori Rasputin
Hannibal
Henry V of England
Ivan the Terrible
Julius Caesar
Karl Marx
Mao Zedong
Moctezuma II
Napoleon Bonaparte
Nebuchadnezzar
Ripcord
Sennacherib
Simon Bolivar
Sgt. Slaughter
Solomon
Storm Shadow
Sun Tzu
King Takasha
Vlad Tepes Dracula

That's thirty.
Um... nope on all of them. That would make Luna the next great world conqueror, though. There are some pretty evil genes in there.

Though I love the idea that Sgt. Slaughter made the cut!

59cobalt

Post by 59cobalt »

kakashi wrote:
L'ope wrote:hmm well, probably not, seeing as i doubt anybody is born with 'evil' genes :sweat:
I can't prove you are wrong, but i do think that they can be born with evil genes.
That's "genius". G-E-N-I-U-S.

cu
59cobalt
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight flaw in my character."
--Li Kao (Barry Hughart: Bridge of Birds)

Zerodaimu

Post by Zerodaimu »

No they meant genes - as the discussion was if you could hard-core persona features (like "evil") into genes.

59cobalt

Post by 59cobalt »

Zerodaimu wrote:No they meant genes - as the discussion was if you could hard-core persona features (like "evil") into genes.
Do you think you'll manage to find the joke by yourself, or should I draw you a map?

cu
59cobalt
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight flaw in my character."
--Li Kao (Barry Hughart: Bridge of Birds)