when will the next StrawBerry Panic manga Vol.3 Come out

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
CMB

Re: wait so is the 3rd manga ever soming out :'(

Post by CMB »

Adam Arnold wrote:
jimmydean815 wrote:
Adam Arnold wrote: The series never restarted in Japan, so only two volumes exist.
And the light novel industry is still down
So we'll never see that either right Adam?
We're considering our options in regards to our light novel titles.

The biggest hurdle with Strawberry Panic novel 3 is that unlike some of the other light novels we put on hold or cancelled, we don't have a translation of Strawberry Panic Vol. 3 already prepared (i.e. several of our books were ahead of schedule). If we were to release the third novel, we'd have to start production of the book from scratch and that's just too much of a gamble for a book that likely won't make back its production costs. Add to this the need to reprint books 1 and 2 in order to ensure orders and sales for a third book and we're talking about a huge investment just to release the conclusion of this series.
Well all I can say is thank you for trying the light novel format and I hope you will again when times are better. :happyhappy:

Ashandorath

Post by Ashandorath »

I'm assuming it's a mistake when amazon.com is claiming that they are bringing out a light novel vol 3 on 30. december.

http://www.amazon.com/Strawberry-Panic- ... 338&sr=8-3

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Instead of removing the listing, I assume Amazon just pushed the date back further.

kaidian

Post by kaidian »

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned or brought up before (I swear I looked before posting!) but I was wondering if any thought has been given to making the first two already translated novels into a pdf download or ebook. I realize that the cost to reprint both volumes would be unreasonably high given that the market for them is probably limited - I just thought I'd see if you all gave any consideration to making the novels downloadable content. I know I'd sure buy them, as I'm sure would others who got into the series late.

Thanks, by the way, for all the quality work you guys put into your licensed titles! SP and Hayate X Blade both got me into the world of manga.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

kaidian wrote:I'm sorry if this has been mentioned or brought up before (I swear I looked before posting!) but I was wondering if any thought has been given to making the first two already translated novels into a pdf download or ebook. I realize that the cost to reprint both volumes would be unreasonably high given that the market for them is probably limited - I just thought I'd see if you all gave any consideration to making the novels downloadable content. I know I'd sure buy them, as I'm sure would others who got into the series late.
We don't have the rights to do ebook versions of the Strawberry Panic novels or manga. If we were to consider it, we'd have to go through the licensing process again and that would be cost prohibitive to do at this juncture due to all the licensing costs involved. I wish we could, but there's just not enough of a market for that kind of thing yet.