[Press Release] Yuri on the Seven Seas!

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
CMB

Post by CMB »

I don't think I would wish to change any of the pairings. :bleed2: :sweat:

CMB

Post by CMB »

PaladinBlue your spoiler text and ending text are too faded to read :dizzzy2:

59cobalt

Post by 59cobalt »

PaladinBlue wrote:
PsychoticSoul wrote:[/spoilers]Yaya molesting her 'friend' Hikari (for some the scene is enough to imply attempted rape, even if it didnt go as far as Kamane's scenes). And it did have enough of an effect to scare Hikari later on when Yaya got close to her even after supposedly making up.[/spoilers]
I didn't mind that scene, actually. It struck me less as Yaya taking the opportunity and more as a release of everything she had held in for so long,
In a rather violent way.
What redeemed Yaya was the scene when she apologized for what she did.
Not entirely as you can see in the scene PsychoticSoul mentioned. Hikari still gets startled there.
As for the ending, this is how I'd do it. Spoilers for things that actually happen are enclosed.
First, when Amane fell off the horse, it would do more than just give her amnesia. She would be seriously hurt, beyond anything Spica could do to help. Thus, they send her away to a hospital a very long way from the school. Hikari is crushed and depressed, as identical to what actually happens, and pretty much stops going to any classes or caring about the Etoile election. One day, again like what actually happens, Chikaru consoles sweet little Hikari, and Hikari comes out with renewed determination to at least see the election through. After much deliberation, she asks Yaya to be her partner in the place of Amane.
Ah, but that could never have worked, because Yaya doesn't have what it takes to be Etoile, and Hikari wasn't the one to enter the election in the first place. There simply wouldn't have been any comptetition for Tamao and Nagisa.
In other character development, Nagisa and Tamao still enter the election together, train together under Shizuma and Miyuki, etc. The difference comes in the final episode. Instead of Shizuma charging into the auditorium to confess to Nagisa, she slips a note into Nagisa's room that says "I love you." As she leaves, she meets Chikaru, who stepped out of the auditorium for a bit.

<Chikaru> "Sure you want to do this?"
<Shizuma> "I don't have any regrets."
<Chikaru> "Then I will see you again."
<Shizuma> "Please take care of Nagisa for me."
<Chikaru> "Okay."

Shizuma walks off and doesn't appear again.
That would have been very unsatisfying, IMHO, especially considering the events at the end of the main play at the Drama Festival.

CMB wrote:PaladinBlue your spoiler text and ending text are too faded to read :dizzzy2:
That's kinda the point. Mark it with your mouse to make it readable.

cu
59cobalt
Last edited by cmgviking on Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight flaw in my character."
--Li Kao (Barry Hughart: Bridge of Birds)

CMB

Post by CMB »

For some reason that is not working. It works for other threads, but not this one. :saaad:

59cobalt

Post by 59cobalt »

CMB wrote:For some reason that is not working. It works for other threads, but not this one. :saaad:
This thread is no different from any other. My guess is that the problem is with your browser.

cu
59cobalt
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight flaw in my character."
--Li Kao (Barry Hughart: Bridge of Birds)

CMB

Post by CMB »

No, there is also Vamp! and Gun Princess. :happyhappy:

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

CMB wrote:No, there is also Vamp! and Gun Princess. :happyhappy:
I think you mixed up our light novels with the yuri titles. Those two aren't yuri. ^_^;

But to answer kotoko's question... yes, Strawberry Panic, The Last Uniform and Tetragrammaton Labyrinth are the three titles we've announced so far. I can say that we DO have more yuri titles that we haven't announced, though.

CMB

Post by CMB »

Oh well I guess I got mixed up. Sorry for that. :shy3: :bleed2: :shy3:

Richard J.
Location: A paradise where Funimation saves Geneon tiles and ADV titles.

Post by Richard J. »

Adam Arnold wrote:I can say that we DO have more yuri titles that we haven't announced, though.
Now this makes me smile. :catgirl:

Although, this now means you own my wallet. Completely.
Someday Yuri will overcome Yaoi!

[img]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblack.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][b]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/b][/url]