Strawberry Line

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
Chaotik

Strawberry Line

Post by Chaotik »

Hi, I was wondering about the Strawberry line of manga that Seven Seas has. Are these manga series targeted for a male audience? Or is it shoujo or josei?

einhorn303

Post by einhorn303 »

They seem to be mostly all from Seinen (older male) magazines (Hayate x Blade, Tetragrammaton Labyrinth, Kashimashi, and Strawberry Panic all are).

Voiceful and First Love Sisters were from Yuri Hime, which I hear has a 60% female and 30% male readership. First Love Sisters unfortunately is of the series canceled due to low sales (perhaps the pattern there is that only blatantly male-aimed yuri series seem to financially survive).

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

einhorn303 wrote:First Love Sisters unfortunately is of the series canceled due to low sales (perhaps the pattern there is that only blatantly male-aimed yuri series seem to financially survive).
Actually, First Love Sisters is in licensing limbo. The Japanese publisher doesn't want to license any further volumes of the series out, so we've only been able to release the first book.

darkchibi07

Post by darkchibi07 »

Now I wonder why would Ichijinsha does not want to license more volumes to you guys. It doesn't make any sense. :R

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

darkchibi07 wrote:Now I wonder why would Ichijinsha does not want to license more volumes to you guys. It doesn't make any sense. :R
It's not the first time it's happened. We ran into a similar brick wall when we tried to acquire the rights to Strawberry Shake Sweet (by the author of Hayate X Blade) and were told that the author doesn't want it licensed outside of Japan.

ABCmon

Post by ABCmon »

Holding back the Yuri Mangas so far, Adam?

catstigereyes

so the author is not intrested in makeing money?

Post by catstigereyes »

authors get money for license for there titles right? so there not wanting the money? that seems nuts! why would someone not want there work spread around the world?

just trying to wrap my brain around that one.