Habits

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Re: Habits

Post by Tenjen »

Cancer is a developmental thing. If she's undergoing therapy now, theres a good chance she already had it a while back.

But that situation completely depends on circumstance.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Ajax

Post by Ajax »

Whenever I'm out shopping, browsing the aisles I tend to say the name of various products aloud.

In Hank Hill's voice.
“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.” - Groucho Marx

Agent Spin

Post by Agent Spin »

I feel my teeth a lot. I think this stems from having braces when I was a teenager, and now I'm obsessed with the feeling of teeth without braces on them.

I touch things twice a lot. Like, once I touch something I feel like I "turned it black", and then when I touch it again I turn it "white". So if I touch something and leave it black I get annoyed.

I air drum to songs that don't have any drums in them.

When I'm driving or riding in a car, I imagine that lasers or rockets that shoot from the headlights. I shoot pretty much anything I see, other cars, pedestrians, buildings, street lights/telephone poles.

Does that make me sound like I have OCD? I think it does. But I don't.

Ajax wrote:Whenever I'm out shopping, browsing the aisles I tend to say the name of various products aloud.

In Hank Hill's voice.
I say things in Hank's voice a lot as well, not product names though. Sometimes I have entire conversations between Hank and Bobby.

Ahh, fantastic show. Too bad it's getting canceled. Only 6 more episodes to savor.
True Bro

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

I do this enough that I suppose it can be counted as a habit: I forget people's names. ALL THE TIME.

I don't tend to remember someone's name until I know for certain that they are going to be relevant for some time in the future. People tell me it's harsh, but I say I'm conserving the small amount of space in my brain that is avaialable for specific details. The only way you've got a look in for me remembering your name is if we interact on a personal level several times. I didn't know my boss's name until I'd been working for her for 3 weeks.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Otaku201
BANNED

Post by Otaku201 »

Asaryu wrote:I do this enough that I suppose it can be counted as a habit: I forget people's names. ALL THE TIME.

I don't tend to remember someone's name until I know for certain that they are going to be relevant for some time in the future. People tell me it's harsh, but I say I'm conserving the small amount of space in my brain that is avaialable for specific details. The only way you've got a look in for me remembering your name is if we interact on a personal level several times. I didn't know my boss's name until I'd been working for her for 3 weeks.
Same here. Yesterday when I was at my job orientation I forgot the lady's name 10 seconds after she shook my hand to greet me. I don't remember anyones name unless I feel they are going to be important in my life, and that typically takes at least a few weeks to determine.

MarkMoriquendi

Post by MarkMoriquendi »

my habits -- i tend to drum along to any tune that's playing
i bite my fingernails

and i'm a little more than hypersexual, so i tend to.... :ymblushing:

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I have developed the very annoying habit of writing "remeber" instead of "remember". I know exactly how it is spelled, but something has gone wrong in my brain-to-finger mapping when I type it. Sure, I make typos all the time, but this is totally systematic. Worrying. :|
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

It's a tumor. :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

GothPoet
Non-Entity

Post by GothPoet »

Detective John Kimble wrote:It's not a tumor!
;)
“It’s not an adventure if you don’t lose your shorts” - Hunter Gruntman (Klaus Besser)

No! That would be absurd! My whims are titanic in scope!

CyanideAngel
Cookie Angel

Post by CyanideAngel »

I have the habit of licking my lips every two seconds if not talking or otherwise busy.No wonder i get odd looks on the bus.As well as talking to myself,singing to myself and giggling for no reason. :D.. though not in public with the last three..I don't want to be known as the crazy girl on the college bus >.>
Amor vincit omnia Nil illegitimi carborundum Carpe Diem Carpe Noctem
winner of the 2009 cutest forumite contest (females)
Teach's Angel Kitty and assistant giver of hugs

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

I sing(badly) in the car( loudly). I also go back and erase lots of posts so I wont have to do KILOPOST thingy.....
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

TentacleDucky

Post by TentacleDucky »

I wriggle my nose. It's a habit I picked up ever since I got my septum ring.
If someone says "oh my god!" I immediately add "They killed Kenny!".
And I play with my ducky pendant a lot. I'm a generally fidgety person so it helps me keep my fingers from picking at piercings or other things.

TentacleDucky

Post by TentacleDucky »

Awesome sauce. I knew I couldn't be the only one to do such things!

Oh, and I scare people by pretending I'm not wearing glasses when I've got my contacts in. I have notoriously bad eyesight (-10, -7,5) which pretty much means everything more than 4 inches away is a blur. I just got tired of people thinking they were funny when they went "You're not wearing any glasses! Be careful!" So now I go "Oh no! Where's the door!".

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

*Disables Radbarons post deletion powers* :ymdevil:

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

@ T2B - I don't have a problem with people who bite the pens or pencils that they keep with them. However, I always get creeped out with people that chew on whatever pen is readily available... and then leave them gnawed on and snarly as they go somewhere else just to pick up a new pen to bite onto. *twitch* I can't stand to use a pen that's been bitten into, and there have been times when that's the only one left for me to use. :ymtongue:

Ducky, I'm nearly as blind as you! I have a -6.5 in my right eye, - 8.0 in my left. Which is strange, considering that I'm left eye dominant... :-\
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)