Bards Corner.

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Scaramouche

Re: Bards Corner.

Post by Scaramouche »

I used to play guitar, and once recorded a song for a girl. Me playing and singing. I was actually crap, at least with the singing part of it. But it was kind of important for me. Then I learned everything she'd ever told me was a lie.

A couple of years later I wrote a bunch of poems and stuff for a girl. I thought she was perfect. Then it turned out she had a steady boyfriend (who wasn't me), and she was cheating on him with bunches of guys.

I seem to have a knack for picking the worst women.
Moving on to new lurking grounds. Have fun, folks.

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

That's why I don't pick people. If they ask, I always say no. Like they're drugs. I just say no. It will change at some point.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

midgetshrimp wrote:Ode to the Bonds
Awww!

C'mere! *pulls midgetshrimp to bosom in glorious huggles of justice*

Is good to be short, I think.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

midgetshrimp wrote:That's why I don't pick people. If they ask, I always say no. Like they're drugs. I just say no. It will change at some point.
Asaryu wrote:
Awww!
Change? Yes, we can!! :lol:

You sure are making the gurlz happy here! Now don't go and break their hearts. ;) You're the Messiah (Exuberant, at that), after all.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

oni
BANNED

Post by oni »

*delete post*
Last edited by oni on Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

A banner? I'm not sure I understand what you mean?

there's a Brom image somewhere that I could mess with for you...it's a little...undead though.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Yen sid

Post by Yen sid »

Is fanfiction aloud?
I have a fable fanfiction that I did last week.

Okay here we go... (why do I have this horrible feeling...)

Tale of a hero

I want to tell you a story.

About a hero name Adrian Cole, He is a trained hero and willing to put his life on the line, but it had to be his life and no one else, to atoned for his…”actions” when he was a child. You see, he was born into a family of thieves, his mother was a thief, his father was a thief, his uncle was a bandit (He died by a guard and is consider a joke), and his cousins was thieves.
Even at an early age he was trained in acrobatics and is consider the “best” at climbing jumping from rooftops and such. As a result he grained a reputation as being hard to catch, to make matters worse he very good at learning things. It only took him three hours to how to pick every lock in his city, a month to learned hand to hand combat, how to fire a gun without absorbing the shot of the blast.

But how could such a naughty boy grow to be a very powerful hero? The city had enough of the Cole family, that night Adrian was running around the city doing his usual array of thievery- stealing strawberry cakes from the bakery, playing “tag” with the guards and being just about a…dick.

A small mob of people of angry men decided to attack his family; they beat his father to death, humiliated his mother and burned down his home. Cole watched from a nearby rooftop, too scared to moved, he snuck out of the city and ran into the woods. A week gone by and with no where else to go he waited at death door. But then, where all hope was lost he met a stranger in blue robes with his face in bandages. The man offer to teach him how to get revenge, to destroyed those who harm his comfortable way of existence but Adrian gruff at him, instead the boy asked to be taught the skills of a hero and then when his training was done he will decide how he will use his skills.

The man couldn’t agree more.

Seven years has passed since that day and now the time has come, dressed in what is a white assassin gear with the hood over his head, he watched as several bandits attacked the city, he walked toward the combat no- he ran toward the chaos not to partake in the bandits joy….but to stop them.

He tosses dagger to bandits who were going to kill shopkeeper, harming them. Dodging gun shots, arrows, and cross bolts with ease disarming several bandits and breaking the arm of one. He found himself in an interesting situation- The boss bandit held a man at gun point …the same man who led the attack on Adrian family. Adrian was tempted to allow the boss bandit to destroyed the man, but with one swift moment Adrian grab a piece of fruit and threw it- hitting the bandit in the face, the boss drop his hostage and wipe the juice from his face, his pull out his sword ready for combat.

Adrian simply yawns and shocks him with lighting killing him. The city erupted in joy but Adrian removes his hood and simply said “Hello there. I do believe you’re the one who slaughter my family, care to say something?” the man only response was “You-you-you.”
“The reason I left you lived was so you could live with the fact that… that I became something better then a thief or a killer,I became a hero!” Adrian walked out of the city and toward people who was in need of a hero.

I speak as if Adrian Cole story is over, no, it’s just beginning.

And no...I'm not done. In fact I feel as though I could have done better with that whole story, But I'm posting another chapter tonight at Fable 2.com fourms
"Curse you, Teen Titans!" Impulse/Bart Allen

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

If you look real hard online, you can learn more about me through this. Or at least find a me nobody else heretofore has connected to me.

theres more thats needed

walking through the leviathan
ars fortuna pursuant
homeward bound and nothing alight
theres more thats needed
dukkering sans anything glazed
and wondering whats for it
the past is past we never look forth
theres more thats needed

a tick thats spent in anything else
a tick thats spent unneeded
with moments left from lacuna beach
theres more thats needed
adventures and expenditures
lethe exrucibo est
what we find is everything else
theres more thats needed

not the rod that does the job
postponing any devils work
schmerz hat leben süß gemacht
theres more thats needed
afraid it made an awful mistake
a portent on the altar
flip back fold over and pray for your days
theres more thats needed

meandering the jungle we find
escaping and retaken
theres more thats needed
a bit of arsenic aside
a dash of amino acids
go up and down the repeating spline
theres more thats needed

perhaps one day well save the day
with mysteries uproarous
well never see on judgement day
theres more thats needed
it thought it found in miserys wake
a hateful moments quiet
try to think international
theres more thats needed

awake well wake severitys gate
awake well put the lights out
our slumber now is where were found
theres more thats needed
spread our signs and mark our words
and make ourselves all noble
erase the race that claims the place
theres more thats needed

we walked into the funnest place
on christmass day on christmass day
but ended finding nothing to place
theres more thats needed
one fell over beating a race
another raised pneumatics
and then there was the terrible fate
theres more thats needed

a pentecostal glory
with torment in the story
liturgical divinity
theres more thats needed
devils gods and creation
in glory goes the prophet
sophia need to avoid the sun
theres more thats needed

a filament of fragments
of glass and wine and sadness
and kestral bones with oroboros head
theres more thats needed
returning now to normality
and waking from sobriety
keep walking down leviathans way
theres more thats needed

a tick thats spent in anything else
a tick thats spent unneeded
theres more thats needed
adventures and expenditures
lethe exrucibo est
what we find is everything else
theres more thats needed
Further affiant sayeth not.

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Asaryu wrote:
Awww!

*Swoons mightily with wobble-knees* Oh my...

aishabe

Post by aishabe »

Oh, what the hey.
Everyone else is posting stories, I might as well.
Here's an HP fanfic I wrote. Obviously, it was before DH. Also, there really isn't any magic in it.
It is the reason I don't write fanfiction.
So... yeah.

Hermione sat on her bed. She couldn’t believe what she had done. She never should have accepted the proposal. Sure, Draco had been kind and attentive to her during their two years of dating. He showed her a side of himself that she never knew was there. But seeing Ron’s face when she accepted the ring had broken Hermione’s heart, and she knew she made the wrong choice. Ron had been there for her for years; they comforted each other throughout their respective breakups with Viktor Krum and Lavender. They each knew how the other felt at Harry’s funeral, surreal as it was. He and Hermione had even come up with that scheme to get Luna and Neville together. How could she have done this to him? At their four-year class reunion, in front of all their friends, she had happily accepted Draco’s ring. It was beautiful. But she glanced at her best friend’s face and her smile disappeared. She didn’t get a chance to talk to him; he left before the toast.
Hermione was listless for a few weeks until, finally, she knew what she had to do. She also knew that this would alienate her from her muggle parents. They loved her, but they desperately wanted her to marry into a wealthy family (certainly not the Weasleys), whether it be magical or muggle. It would also put her on a blacklist for much of the wizarding world, as Lucius Malfoy had a seemingly endless supply of connections. Although she knew all this, she still knew she couldn’t go through with this farce of an engagement.
Noticing the sunrise, Hermione realized she had not slept at all the previous night. She had been pondering the best way to handle her delicate situation. She couldn’t imagine how she must have looked with bags under her eyes and her hair, which was usually a wild bush anyway, must have been out of control. She couldn’t take the time to take a shower; she had to talk to him now. E-mail seemed too impersonal, owls took too long. She decided to call him. Before she could stop herself, she picked up the phone and called the now-familiar number for the last time. After a few rings, Draco picked up the phone. He wasn’t a morning person, but who cared? She had to get her thoughts out. “Hello,” he answered, sounding groggy. “Hey, it’s me. We need to talk.”
Lady High Vice Mistress, Mistress of Vices

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Heh. Harry dies. I'm sorry, it gives me giggles.

It's a very curious twist, and definitely way more interesting than how things actually played out. At least it's not predictable.

aishabe

Post by aishabe »

midgetshrimp wrote:Heh. Harry dies. I'm sorry, it gives me giggles.

It's a very curious twist, and definitely way more interesting than how things actually played out. At least it's not predictable.
Blah.
Book 7.
Don't get me started, don't EVEN get me started. [Hehe, Molly Shannon ftw.]
Actually, don't get me started on Movie 5. I can rant for hours about that thing.
But thank you.
Lady High Vice Mistress, Mistress of Vices

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

Awww...but the books weren't that bad...I enjoyed them. Though i must admit I got to listen to them rather than read them, and I find that tend to be a more entertaining experience. And you can distract yourself during the boring bits. I tend to listen to them while I am at work, or while I am playing with knives.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Pneumonica wrote:If you look real hard online, you can learn more about me through this. Or at least find a me nobody else heretofore has connected to me.

theres more thats needed
Wow!! This is impressive. I'll readily admit it's also very cryptic and I did not get half of it :lol: but it has a wonderful flow and a very dreamscape-like air about it. I LOVE the first two lines! And the German bit is almost correct. I guess one can even leave it that way.

So, midgetshrimp... Up to the Ode to the DP?? ;)
Last edited by Don Alexander on Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

aishabe wrote:Oh, what the hey.
Everyone else is posting stories, I might as well.
Here's an HP fanfic I wrote. Obviously, it was before DH. Also, there really isn't any magic in it.
It is the reason I don't write fanfiction.
So... yeah.
NYAAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!

Hermione x Draco???? :shock: :shock: :shock: BRAIN BLEACH BRAIN BLEACH!!!

Did Lord Voldemort win or what?? Also, how ever can the Malfoys accept a mudblood??

Okay, sorry, that was not real critiscism. I like the writing style a lot!! It's just... very alternate universe. ;)

Edit: Forgot to comment Aish's second post. I hope I don't start a flame war by stating that

a) I like DH!!! The first part is a bit boring (come on, tenting in the woods for months?), but as soon as the final battle at Hogwarts starts, it becomes a roaring yarn. My only point of "JKR, how could you??" concerns the One and Only Severus Snape, undoubtedly the coolest character in the HP universe. Oh, yes, and Tonks. I will never forgive you that.
b) I also like OotP the movie. Sure, it really cuts down the book to the essentials, but I thought those were done really well, much better than GoF, which is my least favorite of the movies.
ImageImage