A page you simply -must- see!

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: A page you simply -must- see!

Post by Don Alexander »

I really rarely post here, but a few of these photos are incredibly awesome! :-bd
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

http://howmanyofme.com/search/

3 people in the US have my name
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Those pictures are gorgeous.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

even with the math and distribution, they have to be about as strong as they look.

and damn are those some nice bodies.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Weertangel

Post by Weertangel »

Great pictures Don! shows the beauty of nature once more.
Same goes for Tellon's picture, nice one, altrough i don't get the advanced math beside the pic since i never had it..

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Oh my god. Guuuyyyys. Did you know you can paint your own nebula.

It's really beautiful.

There's a lot of really neat things you can do when you're feeling down and stuff but that one's the most relevant to people's interests in here, I think.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

Go to vogue.co.uk and type (on your keyboard) up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A and watch what happens when you keep pressing A.
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

CyanideAngel
Cookie Angel

Post by CyanideAngel »

http://cheezburger.com/52754433 What love looks like after 27 years :x
Amor vincit omnia Nil illegitimi carborundum Carpe Diem Carpe Noctem
winner of the 2009 cutest forumite contest (females)
Teach's Angel Kitty and assistant giver of hugs

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

:x and :((
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Weertangel

Post by Weertangel »

A very touching story =((

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Hey Don! And all us other AstroNuts!

http://cakecrumbs.me/2013/07/24/jupiter ... ayer-cake/

(Thanks to Phreak for posting on FaceBook)
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

A page recently named New Mexico as the Mad Scientist of the United States and also the nerdiest place in the country. They didn't even touch the anthropological aspects of this place. For instance, the Clovis people who were proto-humans were named so because the technology and, as far as I can tell, first signs of them being discovered ANYWHERE was in Clovis, NM.

I watched a documentary on what it was like in 10,000 BC during the Younger Diras where the Clovis people and most of the megafauna in North America went extinct. They mentioned another type of proto-human that was also there and ALSO discovered in New Mexico, but I can't remember the name.

Then you have the Apache, the Zuni, the Pueblos, the Anasazi... I could go on and on.

Then there's geological formations like the Carlsbad Caverns and Lechuguilla Cave.

It DOES mention the fact that parts of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade being filmed here.

Neil Patrick Harris is from here.

I love my state. *hugs it; gets covered in radioactive and atomic waste*

Lokitsu

Post by Lokitsu »

Tenjen wrote:http://howmanyofme.com/search/
3 people in the US have my name
I got the reply:
There are 1 or fewer people in the U.S. named (my name)

...or fewer? /:)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

You may simply not exist. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)