AOI HOUSE (Week 34) - Zombified

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

I see where you are coming from and that is indeed a possibility, but I still think there is more to her being drawn to Alex then he was simply the first one through the door (to use an expression).

It could even be that when she was hurt was going back to childhood, that her first "love" was really more of a crush but to a very young girl it wasn't seen as a crush but much more so not having that love returned was very painful; also, maybe she did still blame herself for being hurt because (to tie it in to your points) she wasn't seen that often by her parents, so not being seen by them on top of having her crush not return her feelings at a very young age, could have caused such change.

Now that is another question, isn't she an only child? Most only children tend to be very pampered by their parents because they are the only child.
It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison. Michelle Cheung

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

There are different definitions of being pampered but in all that you said the one common factor is the children are not forgotten, they are not overlooked even if it is only through being given toys and games they are not overlooked. Yes I know toys are not the same as a parents love, but let's be relastic, in this world most of the time both parents have to work, and it seems when they are not they have gotten so lazy they trust television and the internet to raise children, hence the need for parental blocking rather then supervision when it comes to what is on television and computers.

You are also overgeneralizing with the "those are the ones that" areas, unless of course you know people, more then one or two, which fit that mold in which case you are simply generalizing.

As to only children though, they might be at home with parents, but they are rarely overlooked. You yourself said there is one for whatever number are pampered who are neglected. That could still be a large number or it could be a small number. If it is one out of every 2 million that is not a large number, if it is one out of every 5 then it is a large number, and the larger the number the greater the odds that the only child you meet is in fact neglected rather then pampered.

Speaking as an only child and friends with many other only child, without data to back up your generalizations I find them to be at best speculation based on inaccurate data released by agencies that never seem to interview the people I know because their findings are always way off and not even close to that which I have come to know first hand. Maybe that means my situation is unique, but then again it could mean their data is way off.

I don't think she was neglected and I think she was an only child. I think she was overlooked and that is different then being neglected. Parents that have to work all the time in order to afford a child would never be accussed of neglect so long as the child was fed, safe and cared for, but at the same time they are in a way overlooking the child for the sake of the child.
It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison. Michelle Cheung

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

I don't agree entirely, yes love might just be the most important thing at any age, but society has forced many to see money as most important, for what other species on this planet charges for things that no living being can live without such as food, shelter, maybe education (which despite claims to the contrary is really not free anymore with the need to buy textbooks and lots of supplies often individualized to each separate class) and most appallingly charges for water?

It is in some way justifiable to say charge for the basic needs if you argue people are working to bring this stuff to others so they have to be paid, and yet it is horrible when you realize society is forcing people to at times choose between spending time with their children and making sure their children have shelter, even in Middle class and some upper class families this is more often then not the case these days.

If the child is overlooked however, then the child learns independence, it is cruel way to have to learn it but that is what good comes out of the child being left to fend for themselves and that is not to be underestimated. Also remember again it might not be cruel in some ways, if the children are again overlooked for the sake of the parents providing them with shelter, then they are being deprived of love but again in an ironic way it is being done to show love. There is a job I know of that for the first two years would have crappy hours, half day Saturday, 8 to 8 Monday through Friday, and yet it would provide enough to help feed and shelter children, so is it that neglect for someone to take a job like that to help provide shelter and food for their child even if it means they truly spend less then one full day a week with their child?

Lastly this is getting way off why we think Morgan is a shy girl in reality.

Hakumei Hizoku

Post by Hakumei Hizoku »

orangegoo wrote:What is with the kelp by my name?
The kelp basicly means you're still a noobie.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/twilightbandit][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/twilightchan/Twi-kuncopy.jpg?t=1264198264[/img][/url]