Maid Cafes: Not Just Wishful Fiction

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

You know the U.S. is really behind the times, we need maid cafes. That or I get this feeling I am in the wrong country at the moment, should be on a trip to Japan, ah for a site to site transporter. :sweat:

Actually there are a lot of concepts in those Maid Cafes mentioned (such as the spoon feeding, bowing and saying "Welcome home Master" ) that I think warrants first hand in person exploration. :happyhappy:
It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison. Michelle Cheung

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

I think more would want it then would admit it, and more wouldn't mind doing it then would then you will find admitting that fact for fear of public humilation and having those that think they should stand against it even if they don't want too say bad things about the people who are for it.

Yes the "moral and religious stranglehold" this nation has on anything fun does put a damper on a lot of good stuff. I seriously think they would have a larger market (perhaps a lot more from that moral and religious stranglehold then even they would like to think) then anyone believes.

That said those cafes do look cool and I would like to visit one someday so I guess once I have money and learn some more Japanese it's time to visit one of those cafes in Japan.
It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison. Michelle Cheung

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

Depends how well they tip, and what expenses I have, if the answer to the first question is "they tip a lot" and the answer to the second is "only meals and gas" then 2.50 an hour plus tips might be okay. Well not only single and unattached young men but I think men in general, since all they do is basically flirt in a very unusually way you will have people that say it is not cheating.

You know I respect the women's rights activists groups that fight for things such as equal pay, but to the others that only fight stereotypes, I point out to them a group of women passing me in the mall who are living up to every "stereotype" that group says is wrong and doesn't exist and tell them they obviously are fighting the wrong battle.

I think it would be hard to shut down if it makes money, the town wouldn't want to stop that kind of tax income and that most of those running the town probably frequent even if they won't admit it.

Zerodaimu

Post by Zerodaimu »

(on a side note: tips don't exist in Japan, they just get a better wage and things coast a bit more.)

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

I firmly stand behind the rather Liberal Philosophy of letting others do what they want so long as it does not restrict the rights of another to do the same, threaten another’s life or another’s livelihood, yet I have also reached the point where I am willing to tell these rights groups what to go do with themselves. First off because they are quite possibly holding back what could become someone's livelihood and are demanding restrictions on another's right to do what they want, when such an action would not threaten another's right to do the same, another's life or another's livelihood; second they always seem to work against a lot that could be fun. I don't care how well intentioned they are, they have no right, in my mind, to restrict another's rights to, what they might consider, pander to the stereotypes and fetishes of others so long as it, once again, doesn't harm another in any of the aforementioned ways.

Thirdly, who cares what it might mean so long as there are people willing to do it and people that are smart enough to separate fiction from reality even with the lines that blurred. Or is that what the women's activists groups are really saying, the american public is so stupid it can't separate fiction from reality when the lines are that blurred if can separate the two at all? If that is the case how do they allow the continued existence of a certain restaurant chain starting with "H" who has the waitresses wearing orange and white that is one step beyond what this would be in many ways to exist? At least in this Maid Café they aren't making women into purely sexual objects who only exist to bounce while carrying food and beer.

Again you don't know that about how well it will do, they are one step back from "Gentlemen's Clubs" which do fine in most towns and if anything have withstood the onslaught of women's groups since the first woman's rights group came into existence. If anything it stands a better chance of success because not only does it have a "themeâ€