AOI HOUSE (Week 33) - Rage Rekindled/Epilogue

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

So she sort of found the computer, and whoever built "HAL" was the real brother? But does that mean that 'HAL" has a personality?
It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison. Michelle Cheung

Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

orangegoo wrote: thats becaue your immagnation is broken
Maybe it's because I hate Sandy's current personality so much that I think any change would represent an improvement.

Also, your English is broken. You might want to get that looked at.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

I don't mind a little debate, but don't double/triple/quad. post, orangegoo. Use the edit command and combine your posts into one. It makes it easier to read.

And let's not insult the users, LS.
Last edited by Giz on Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Not sure.

It's not HAL, though. ^_-

Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

Sleeper wrote:Hal the supercomputer from 2001 A Space Oddessy.

"Hello Dave."
This guy started it.

Which is odd, since before that just about everyone recognized it as a SEELE monolith.

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

orangegoo wrote: if she offers morgan up she'll be asked how she knew morgan was involved how do u think shed explain that ?
Easy, she stumbled across them and tried to stop it when Echiboo bolted and all heck broke loose. :sweat:
orangegoo wrote:nope it means hal a buncha lines of code nothing really makes him human which is shown in 2001: A SPACE ODDESSY
Yes but that same token nothing really makes humans humans either other then our rather arrogant assumption we alone have the right to name everything.

All creatures have emotions, to a point even computers, all creatures are alive, a computer sleeps when off and is awake when on, when sick they beep and fuss, humans do that too; basically the only true difference is the fact "humans" believe themselves to be in charge of things, even if the truth about how dependent we are to computers, cell phones, television, etc. might prove otherwise.
Zen Himato wrote: Perhaps "HAL" is a person, and he's just behind it talking to her in another room on a radio or something....
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain huh?
Lord Styphon wrote:
Sleeper wrote:Hal the supercomputer from 2001 A Space Oddessy.

"Hello Dave."
This guy started it.

Which is odd, since before that just about everyone recognized it as a SEELE monolith.
Actually I didn't either and to be honest I think SEELE monolith was a take-off on HAL to begin with too.
It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison. Michelle Cheung

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

Actually I wonder if she didn't have a real brother and he built the computer? Something happened to him and now she thinks of him as the computer or the computer as him?