[BOOGIEPOP] I can't let it rest. : (

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
cloverahhh

[BOOGIEPOP] I can't let it rest. : (

Post by cloverahhh »

One thing that still upsets me about Seven Seas letting the Boogipop series die at Boogiepop at dawn is the way they made it seem as if its completion depended entirely on the sale of other lights novels. However, all the other light novels Seven Seas is producing do not seem in the least bit interesting to read, whereas I've turned so many people onto the Boogipop craze it's rediculous.

Isn't there anyway you could have possibly advertised better, I mean I know I did my fair share, along with other fans, but I mean I've seen a million and one ads on myspace, facebook etc and couldnt help but think Seven Seas could have gotten in on a little of that action. Maybe even entire pages devoted to it? Just a random thought.

One question that has been kind of touched on, but I am never satisfied with the answer is this:is there any possibility of anyone else picking up the series if Seven Seas refuses (or is unable to, or doesn't want to-Im not picky on that aspect)? It's such an amazing series, and so much has been left unanswered that it seems rediculous to let it end.

(I'm probably the only one still fighting.)
(Whatever.)

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

With the failure of the light novel industry to take off as a whole in the North American book market, it's doubtful that we'll see many more light novels as a whole as the genre is just too much of a gamble.

As for Boogiepop, the series is a very fringe title and unless a new anime or manga comes out for Boogiepop anytime soon, then it's doubtful that Boogiepop will be anything other than a footnote from the Lain era of surreal mind-frak series. So no, I don't see any other companies giving Boogiepop a shot as bookstore buyers need only look at the past sales history to see that it didn't perform all that well. Tokyopop Germany has had the same problem with the series and they dropped it with book 4, so it's just not a series that has much foreign appeal in anything other than anime form.

afireinside

Post by afireinside »

[quote="Adam Arnold"]With the failure of the light novel industry to take off as a whole in the North American book market, it's doubtful that we'll see many more light novels as a whole as the genre is just too much of a gamble.[/quote]

Maybe with your company.