Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Seven Seas currently has the licenses to the following titles:

Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ (manga)
Kodomo no Jikan (manga)
Shinigami no Ballad (novels)

These titles were announced at our panel at Anime Expo '06 and have been reported on all the major anime news sites. We DO have the rights to these titles. This is no rumor. [If you follow Aoi House, the Aoi Notes from July 3rd had mention of these announcements.]

As we are currently in the middle of con season, and are busy preparing for San Diego Comic-Con next week. We just haven't had to time to draw up a killer press release announcing these new titles or get together property pages for these new titles. Plus...we have another title we're announcing. So we'd like to PR them all at the same time once all this convention madness is over.

I don't quite get the harsh tone you've taken in your post. You need only look at our Boogiepop releases to see we are completely serious and dedicated to presenting the best possible and most accurate releases we can. Kashimashi and Kodomo no Jikan will be no exception!

To answer your question... we're shooting to have Kashimashi Vol. 1 out before the end of the year. The first book is already translated and currently being edited.
Last edited by Giz on Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zerodaimu

Post by Zerodaimu »

I think he's mad that the scans he's been read up until now have stoped because of SSE, then he's like "Okay, let's see when SSE starts releasing it, I can pick it up then" and he sees nothing, making it look like you guys picked up the title on a whim (or for some reason, lied well enough to get scanners to stop).

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

All these titles sound familiar but the one that is the subject line sounds the most familiar. Guess I'll have to wait for the press release to see what it is fully about.... :sweat: Still this is cool to know and I did see this in the AOI Notes but it didn't click until now how cool this is for Seven Seas to have gotten these titles.
It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison. Michelle Cheung

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

If anyone doesn't know about these titles, Love Manga has a great write-up of them:
http://www.lovemanga.co.uk/2006/07/913/

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

Awesome link and some very interesting titles upcoming as thought, very cool pick ups!
It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison. Michelle Cheung

Hakumei Hizoku

Post by Hakumei Hizoku »

Good link. I'm waiting for the mangas to comeout and the novel for Shinigami no Ballad.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/twilightbandit][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/twilightchan/Twi-kuncopy.jpg?t=1264198264[/img][/url]

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

I am really happy to hear there are more novels being picked up especially the Shinigami no Ballad series. I think it is up to six novels right now and from everything I have heard is an awesome series.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Re: Kashimashi or Kasimasi

Post by Adam_Arnold »

philnicau wrote:i'm really pleased that gomanga have the rights to Kashimashi but i can see some confusion about how to anglisise the title
While the the Japanese title clearly translates as Kashimashi and you have no si sound in japanese only shi, on the inside cover of the dust jacket of all three volumes there is a very cute chibi-hazumu saying Kasimasi so its clear (to me) that this(Kasimasi) is the intended way the manga-ka wish it to be anglisised.
I need to stress that when Japanese publishers Romanize or "Anglisise" a title, there have been cases where it has been done incorrectly. In the case of Boogiepop, the interior text had "Imaginator," while all layout pages (and the cover) had "Imaginater." When Chrono Crusade came out in Japan, it has been said that there was a layout error and that the title became "Chrno Crusade." This was fixed for the American release. So yes, there have been "engrish" problems in the past.

This isn't to say that "Kasimasi" is more correct than "Kashimashi." But one clearly depicts the correct pronunciation of the title and is the one we are currently using to avoid confusion. We want people to think "Moshi Moshi" when they pronounce the title as that's the want it should sound like. That's really our aim right now...to get people to pronounce the Japanese title correctly.

For our release, we have not decided how we will ultimately display the title, but "Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~" is our prefered favorite.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

The series is actually still going in Japan. ^_^