09-02-12 Miss there

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Post Reply
User avatar
Fluffy
Posts: 3603
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: 09-02-12 Sonya was sexting

Post by Fluffy »

Dude, to be honest - I always saw Sonya's interest in Gary as being a means of making Zii happy. The entire time she was getting ready for that impromptu date with Gary, Sonya was trying to seduce Zii (Hell, Zii had to remind her of the fact she laughed at Gary's silly joke - much like the date, it completely slipped her mind - she even said she'd be waiting in Zii's room when she returned later in the evening).

She promised she would give Gary a chance only because Zii pushed her to. Who's to say if she was actually impressed that he was an artist, or if she ever really wanted to be an art model? Given the reason why she was there in the first place, her motives are suspect at best.

Even the sex contest wasn't based on actual interest, but competitiveness - she saw a rival for Gary's attention and devised this 'brilliant' plan so as to show she was the better girlfriend for him.
Last edited by Fluffy on Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

SiliconDream
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:24 am

Re: 09-02-12 Sonya was sexting

Post by SiliconDream »

Spidrift wrote:Sonya is being brash, on the presumption that it's what Gary will like. Making that presumption is arguably a bit rude to him, but actually it's not proven wrong yet.
In fact, it's been proven right rather conclusively. Every time Sonya's been sexually forward with Gary in the past, from their first date to the nude modeling thing to, y'know, last night, Gary's reacted with pleasure and interest. And we just saw how he responded to the pirate thing. Why would she stop now?

And let's not forget that she did ask Gary--albeit teasingly--if he'd prefer to be served by someone else. She gave him a chance to politely shut her down, for Kiley's sake or otherwise. He didn't.
Sonya is also intending to distract Gary from Kiley, which is rude to Kiley - but she thinks that Gary has brought Kiley along as a challenge to her, so she'd say that any rudeness is really Gary's fault.
I don't know that it is very rude to Kiley, from Sonya's perspective. Sonya first met Gary when two apparent sex partners were leaving his apartment at once. She's spent the last month going on "lots of dates" with Gary and another girl, wherein the two girls explicitly competed for his attention. As far as she's concerned, he's obviously some sort of polyamorous harem master. If Kiley already knows Gary well, she must be dating him because she likes that sort of thing. If she just met him last night and doesn't know him well, Sonya's doing her a favor by revealing that he's already involved with other women.
wiseguy wrote:I am a lil surprised, as Sonya supposedly likes to be a good hostess, and she would try to make Kiley's stay pleasant(shown by the time she talked to Zii about the orgies she and Adrien had with women)
Wasn't that Jake? Anyways, she did like to be a good hostess, but she was also pissed that her boyfriend wasn't prioritizing her over her guests. That attitude's consistent with her not actually minding Kiley dating Gary, but still wanting to assert herself as his #1 lady.

User avatar
TheDude
Resident Redhead
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:05 pm
Location: Germany

Re: 09-02-12 Sonya was sexting

Post by TheDude »

Well, since we're now entering the realm of speculation about the motives behind her actions we can safely agree to disagree - to me her actions can support either interpretation (but naturally mine makes more sense to me ;) ).
"Time spent in happy delusion is never wasted." Frazz by Jef Mallet

"We fear change." Garth Algar

User avatar
Fluffy
Posts: 3603
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: 09-02-12 Sonya was sexting

Post by Fluffy »

SiliconDream wrote:In fact, it's been proven right rather conclusively. Every time Sonya's been sexually forward with Gary in the past, from their first date to the nude modeling thing to, y'know, last night, Gary's reacted with pleasure and interest. And we just saw how he responded to the pirate thing. Why would she stop now?

And let's not forget that she did ask Gary--albeit teasingly--if he'd prefer to be served by someone else. She gave him a chance to politely shut her down, for Kiley's sake or otherwise. He didn't.
Um, because she's at work? Flirting is one thing. What she's doing could potentially get her fired. O.o

And the nude modeling thing was over a month ago - when the sex contest was first planned. The sex contest itself was just the previous night.

Also, though he chose to not politely turn her down, he did not invite her to do what she is currently doing now - which is blatantly disrespectful; not only to Gary and Kiley, but to her co-workers (who have to deal with this crap) and the guests (who would no doubt be confused as Hell as to why this waitress is suddenly playing dress up for another customer).
SiliconDream wrote:I don't know that it is very rude to Kiley, from Sonya's perspective. Sonya first met Gary when two apparent sex partners were leaving his apartment at once. She's spent the last month going on "lots of dates" with Gary and another girl, wherein the two girls explicitly competed for his attention. As far as she's concerned, he's obviously some sort of polyamorous harem master. If Kiley already knows Gary well, she must be dating him because she likes that sort of thing. If she just met him last night and doesn't know him well, Sonya's doing her a favor by revealing that he's already involved with other women.
No, her behavior *is* rude. (she's trying to one up the 'competition'). If she was on another one of her competitive dates, then all is fair in love and war. But she's not. She is at work now, serving other customers, and is supposed to be in a professional mindset. Instead, she's going about some incredibly immoral behavior, playing mind/sex games when she should be working.
wiseguy wrote:I am a lil surprised, as Sonya supposedly likes to be a good hostess, and she would try to make Kiley's stay pleasant(shown by the time she talked to Zii about the orgies she and Adrien had with women)
SiliconDream wrote:Wasn't that Jake? Anyways, she did like to be a good hostess, but she was also pissed that her boyfriend wasn't prioritizing her over her guests. That attitude's consistent with her not actually minding Kiley dating Gary, but still wanting to assert herself as his #1 lady.
There's a time and a place for such thing - in the middle of work at a family friendly coffee shop? Not a good place to go about doing that. And even then, she doesn't even know who Kiley is - she just sees another girl with Gary and immediately assumes 'girlfriend/rival! Must reassert myself as priority one!'

Love how single minded she is. /sarcasm
Last edited by Fluffy on Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

User avatar
TheDude
Resident Redhead
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:05 pm
Location: Germany

Re: 09-02-12 Sonya was sexting

Post by TheDude »

Fluffy wrote: She is at work now, serving other customers, and is supposed to be in a professional mindset. Instead, she's going about some incredibly immoral behavior, playing mind/sex games when she should be working.
Can't really shake that Puritan heritage, can you? (Well, you probably don't want to...)
"Time spent in happy delusion is never wasted." Frazz by Jef Mallet

"We fear change." Garth Algar

User avatar
Fluffy
Posts: 3603
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: 09-02-12 Sonya was sexting

Post by Fluffy »

Personal jab...nice. Very mature.

Fine if you don't agree with my opinion - but keep such personal snipes to yourself, 'k?
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

User avatar
Spidrift
Posts: 13178
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:11 pm

Re: 09-02-12 Sonya was sexting

Post by Spidrift »

Dunno about Puritanism, but some people don't seem to have noticed that this strip is a comedy...
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

FailTrain
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:36 pm

Re: 09-02-12 Sonya was sexting

Post by FailTrain »

Hi I have idea.

How about look at teh boobies some more and forget being mad at other ppl. :)

Because boobies are nice.

User avatar
Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities
Posts: 12513
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:46 pm
Location: Deep in the mountains where the elves roam.

Re: 09-02-12 Sonya was sexting

Post by Artemisia »

Dude, Fluffy,

Please keep things from being personal. While I disagree with Fluffy about about Sonya being a 'slut' because she is not exactly indiscriminately sleeping around and that term is derogatory towards female sexuality, I respect her opinion and a personal attack is not needed. Obviously I cannot chastise either of you, but I would ask that things not be taken personal.
Avatar thanks to Saikoh
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

User avatar
Fluffy
Posts: 3603
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: 09-02-12 Sonya was sexting

Post by Fluffy »

Oh, I'm very well aware that this is a comic strip and is meant to be funny - or at least humorously suggestive - however, like everyone else, I'm entitled to my viewpoint, and should be able to express my opinion without being criticized for it (especially when said criticism comes in personal swipes).

Now, how about we get back on topic?
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

User avatar
TheDude
Resident Redhead
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:05 pm
Location: Germany

Re: 09-02-12 Sonya was sexting

Post by TheDude »

Fluffy wrote:Personal jab...nice. Very mature.

Fine if you don't agree with my opinion - but keep such personal snipes to yourself, 'k?
Wasn't meant as a jab, I may not be aware of all the connotations.

I was merely assuming that you grew up in the US and that your values and convictions are somewhat different from a European view.
The fact that nudity, and things like topless or nude beaches are quite common where I live means that for me it is difficult to see Sonya's behaviour as "incredibly immoral".
I may be guilty of trying to tease you, but I am under the impression that the puritan influence is at least partially responsible for those differences.
Doesn't mean that my point of view is in any way superior, it's merely different.
"Time spent in happy delusion is never wasted." Frazz by Jef Mallet

"We fear change." Garth Algar

User avatar
Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities
Posts: 12513
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:46 pm
Location: Deep in the mountains where the elves roam.

Re: 09-02-12 Sonya was sexting

Post by Artemisia »

Well, Fluffy, I can criticize your opinion, but only from a position of equal opinion.

I disagree with you about Sonya being a 'slut'. She is not sleeping around indiscriminately that we have seen. She either was involved in three/moresomes with her boyfriend, singular on Zii (which cheating on her boyfriend), or singular on Gary. I have no issue with her being sexual. I would challenge you to explain why you dislike her without resorting to derogatory terms.

I don't like her because she is pretty self-centered. She seems oblivious to what is going on. I wouldn't say that I hate her, though, and certainly not because she's a sexual being.
Avatar thanks to Saikoh
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

User avatar
Narnie
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:03 pm
Location: Lurking on menagea3...

Re: 09-02-12 Sonya was sexting

Post by Narnie »

Error of Logic wrote:
Don Alexander wrote:
Error of Logic wrote:I can do only one thing... *APPLAUDS* Well said, Eris Lobo. Very well said, indeed.
Look like the speculations on EoL's boob measurements start here! :D
õ_o Really, now? Just what kind of body type are you picturing me with, then?
You said 40DD... so breaking out the US Barbie Standards (R)(TM), that'd be 40DD, 29, 37. I'd also expect you to be 6 foot 2 inch and 135lbs and probably a red head.
Everybody's going to end up with cancer, might as well choose what type you want.

User avatar
Fluffy
Posts: 3603
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: 09-02-12 Sonya was sexting

Post by Fluffy »

I'm obviously confusing people here.

Yes, I despise Sonya - more due to her apparent dimwittedness and self centered/self serving personality. However, I'm not against Sonya's sexual behavior or what she is doing now- it's where she's doing it that I find to be utterly disgusting/immoral. (in the privacy of one's home, at a lover's place, at a hotel - fine. In a busy restaurant while you're supposed to be serving customers? Not so fine).

Even if Gary was this playboy she assumes him to be and Kiley was someone she actually needs to compete with (only time will tell if this is actually the case), there is a time and place for everything. Sexting your sexual conquest while you're at work (in a professional environment where such behavior would be no doubt frowned upon) is not a place to be doing such things.

Yes, comic - yes, fiction. This behavior in a public setting is still terribly un-sexy (again, my opinion here).
Last edited by Fluffy on Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

loki
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:05 am

Re: 09-02-12 Sonya was sexting

Post by loki »

I'm ridiculously liberal when it comes to both my behaviour and what I expect of others, but I wouldn't really appreciate Sonya doing what she is doing unless I was actually at one of those restaurants where it was to be expected. That's if I were a customer. If I were her employer she'd be getting a warning for her behaviour, at the least. Being attractive and being aware of that fact isn't an excuse for what she's doing. Which so far has included erotically displaying her breasts in public, at her workplace, and also removing her underwear in her place of work while serving food there. And, apparently bending over in that outfit, without underwear on. At work. While sending lewd text messages to a customer on company time. And, she's not wearing the provided uniform.

Even if you went on a three strike system, that's five strikes in less than an hour. Actually, the underwear thing would be against food and hygiene regulations, and would necessitate immediate dismissal.

So, she is being ridiculously stupid in her pursuit of Gary, to the point that she's putting her job on the line. Immoral is being actively against what's considered good; Sonya's behaviour is amoral, if anything. She's aware of what's expected and acceptable, but she apparently subscribes to the 'all's fair in love and war' mindset, like Didi. So, she doesn't give a damn, so long as she comes out the victor.

Post Reply